Things I learned this week

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CatHerder

Senior Member
Mar 20, 2013
3,551
79
48
The rules are simple: just list a fewthings that were new experiences and/or things you learned. Be funny or serious. I will start - -

I learned...

that the meat section in the pricier grocery store in my area will put free dry rub or marinade on any meat or fish (I chose the cajun dry rub for some red snapper). It's nice for days like today when convenience trumps being frugal.

that a raw, fresh pea, straight from a garden is waaaaaaay better than those wrinkly, frozen things you get from the freezer section of the store.

that the security personnel at the State Capitol frown upon people accidentally bringing in gardening hand hoes (it was in a bag hooked to the back of a wheelchair after working in a community garden).
 
I learned that selling an older car is kind of a pain. 900.00 or best offer equals, I need work, not buy me now I'm perfect, like some people think it means.

I can help others by saying well I have a food addiction, so I know what's it like to eat because of emotion, a couple of people are going to try Overeaters anonymous.

My Husband doesn't like Lifetime movies, especially those about a lady who sees this imaginary child. That's what the movie was called Imaginary Child.
 
40 pounds isn't all that heavy...unless it's alive and wiggling and has to be carried long distances with one arm.

My son got a baby spoon out of the drawer and has been using it to squash bugs in the window when I'm not looking.

Hot stuff is hot.


 
I learned this week that there is an ever-stocked free candy dish at work full of things like Hershey's kisses... and I really wish I could UNLEARN ever hearing about the stupid thing.
 
that the security personnel at the State Capitol frown upon people accidentally bringing in gardening hand hoes (it was in a bag hooked to the back of a wheelchair after working in a community garden).


My temporary dyslexia interpreted this statement as, "No hoes allowed in the State Capitol???!!!"

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKK.

(I mean... has anyone actually told the POLITICIANS that???!!!)
 
1. accidentally breaking open an aseptic container of tomato soup will create a ginormous mess in your kitchen that will take forever to clean, dozens of paper towels and will require you to balance upon a chair and countertop to clean the ceiling. and then a shower to get it out of your hair.

and you'll be cleaning drops and streaks from random, unexpected places for days to come.

2. fast food won't kill you, at least not in the short term. in an act of hungry and lazy desperation last night, i bought a chicken salad from taco bell yesterday. it tasted better than i expected (who knew?), and failed to suffer ill effects for the consumption of it.

3. not asking for what you want yields not getting what you want. even though the NiceNurse worked yesterday, i didn't ask for her, and CrankyNurse proceeded to treat me with all the tenderness and civility of a crabby rhinoceros. good times and 4" bruise.

4. apparently, i don't have the coordination to drink while hanging upside down on my inversion rack, in spite of multiple efforts attempting to do so. *choke cough choke*
 
Last edited:
apparently, i don't have the coordination to drink while hanging upside down on my inversion rack, in spite of multiple efforts attempting to do so. *choke cough choke*


I knew it!! I have learned... that Gypsy... is actually BATGIRL. I never had any doubts.
 
that I need to stick to my schedule more lol

that I can always count on my friends now. has been a long time since i'd experienced that, feeling blessed!

and that sometimes chocolate can be a man's best friend too :)
 
I learned that I'm completely and utterly crazy. Oh wait, I didn't learn that. I already knew that. Ok, so don't know what I've learned. Sorry.
 
I miss my parents' old Mercedes. I didn't realize it, until my trip to the city with my neighbor today, and he made mention of it.
 
Fire alarms that need new batteries will start tormenting you with high- pitched beeps until you submit and get new ones
 
I learned that it might make more sense to start a "things I learned this week" thread on a Friday instead of a Thursday.
 
That BBQ rice cakes are apparently not really food. Even my dog won't eat them.
That my new boss has my back.
That my dog explores my shower when I'm not looking.
That I need more sleep.
That Lunchables and Egg White McMuffins are only 250 calories; McD's breakfast burritos are 300 each.
That if you don't like your life, you need to change it.
 
Hi, Didi! I prayed for you while you were gone when it was on my mind, which was quite a few times. I hope you're doing well. I tried to send you a message letting you know you hadn't been forgotten, but it wouldn't work. Welcome back =D!
 
Last edited:
That BBQ rice cakes are apparently not really food. Even my dog won't eat them.
That my new boss has my back.
That my dog explores my shower when I'm not looking.
That I need more sleep.
That Lunchables and Egg White McMuffins are only 250 calories; McD's breakfast burritos are 300 each.
That I can't stay away from CC
That if you don't like your life, you need to change it.

You missed something. :p

Good to see you back.