Things I learned this week

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I don't like not having independence in some decisions. I can't wait until I have my own house. I am super thankful for the house I am in now, don't get me wrong. But I am ready for the day when I can paint the rooms whatever color my heart desires, to make improvements, have what pets I want, plant what flowers I want or uproot those I don't.

I sound like a selfish 4 year old. I know there are tons more added responsibilities with owning, but renting sometimes makes me feel so constrained with my creative urges.
 
I found out this week that running home in the rain does not stop you from getting soaked to the skin.....It just give me the feeling of having a heart attack when I stopped.
 
I don't like not having independence in some decisions. I can't wait until I have my own house. I am super thankful for the house I am in now, don't get me wrong. But I am ready for the day when I can paint the rooms whatever color my heart desires, to make improvements, have what pets I want, plant what flowers I want or uproot those I don't.

I sound like a selfish 4 year old. I know there are tons more added responsibilities with owning, but renting sometimes makes me feel so constrained with my creative urges.

No, you don't sound selfish at all. There is something very satisfying about having a place in the world that belongs to you - that you can"nest" in and fix up and make uniquely "you". I would find it very hard to rent long-term because, well, it seems temporary. I know many prefer it due to lack of house-owning responsibility, but it's not for me.

Although, I am deciding that having a large yard isn't so wonderful anymore. It's funny how your desires change as you age and your kids grow up. We started out way out in the country with several acres. (We spent a lot of time outside running around.) Kids got a little older and we moved a little closer to town - still country with wooded area but less to mow. Then into town (on my own) on a city street but with a double lot of land to keep up. Now, if I had it to do over, I would probably try to find a place with a tiny yard and much less upkeep outdoors.
 
I've learned that no matter how good it may seem... if something feels off, it's usually because it is.
 
I learned, and am learning to accept the facts that we are deeply loved, completely forgiven, fully pleasing, totally accepted, and complete in Christ.
 
I learned how to drive a motorbike. But I need a whole lot more practice.
 
I learned yesterday that I will never learn how to cook. That no one wants to eat what I cook. Sad and frustrating.
 
I learned yesterday that I will never learn how to cook. That no one wants to eat what I cook. Sad and frustrating.

I have learned today about your cooking skill. Would you be my chef on my birthday? Don't forget the get-together! :)
 
I learned that my cats are really stinkin' annoying sometimes so it's a good thing they are cute.

I learned that I rely too much on my emotions, and even though I know they are a rollercoaster, I too often gladly get on the ride and let them run.
 
I learned that my cats are really stinkin' annoying sometimes so it's a good thing they are cute.

I learned that I rely too much on my emotions, and even though I know they are a rollercoaster, I too often gladly get on the ride and let them run.


Glad because you don't give up learning and that's what I've learned this week. Don't give up learning. Yet the lesson should be implied.
 
I have relearned that the enemy will punch you and kick you via any means possible. Especially through the body of Christ and in the most benign of settings.
 
No, you don't sound selfish at all. There is something very satisfying about having a place in the world that belongs to you - that you can"nest" in and fix up and make uniquely "you". I would find it very hard to rent long-term because, well, it seems temporary. I know many prefer it due to lack of house-owning responsibility, but it's not for me.

Although, I am deciding that having a large yard isn't so wonderful anymore. It's funny how your desires change as you age and your kids grow up. We started out way out in the country with several acres. (We spent a lot of time outside running around.) Kids got a little older and we moved a little closer to town - still country with wooded area but less to mow. Then into town (on my own) on a city street but with a double lot of land to keep up. Now, if I had it to do over, I would probably try to find a place with a tiny yard and much less upkeep outdoors.

I have always wanted to own my house. To get it done the way I want it. Where everything is what I want and what I like. I am a control freak that way because I never let somebody control an activity where I am involved, if I feel they cannot do a good job at it. This is the reason why God and I have a tug-of-war every day.

But there is another side to me which makes me hesitate about owning a house someday. I need a change. Maybe a year, maybe 3 years, maybe 5 years but I can never be at one place all the time. I like to move on. I have lived 3 years almost out of a box. I like the feeling that I can pack up and leave and not look back. Maybe I will buy a house, live in it for a few years, then sell it and move on to another one. I can't see any other way how I can handle both these sides of mine. :confused:


I have relearned that the enemy will punch you and kick you via any means possible. Especially through the body of Christ and in the most benign of settings.

I learned that this Sunday. It is ironic that the body of Christ would actually hurt you. But that's the secret of war - hit the enemy where he is least expecting it. I have been slandered and disgraced so many times in church since a very young age. And I still get caught out by it. I just expect the body of Christ to be the source of all goodness. But I guess that is not so.
 
I learned that seven batches of sourdough (roughly 21 loaves, plus or minus) is just too much to make all in one big batch. I learned you have to keep an eye on it during first rising or it'll get away from you. Lively little thing...
 
I relearned that riding along the bike trail is one of the best things to do in the Sacramento area. The river is gorgeous!

I learned that accidentally crashing a political protest that ruins the governor's lunch can be kind of fun.

I learned that getting back into the schedule of the school year can be kind of refreshing.