Things to Consider Before Attempting to Correct the King James Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
(Acts 12:4 KJV) And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter Passover to bring him forth to the people.

I just corrected it right ^^^ there. BigSmile.gif

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The perfect KJV can be translated from English into Chinese -- naturally without using even any recent dictionaries or lexicons that would corrupt the translation.
Thou hast quaffed deeply of the Fool-Aid.

Welcome to CC... where your mythconceptions will be merrily shattered and your hypocrisies gleefully exposed. :)

Dec 28, 2016

Welcome to CC... where your mythconceptions will be merrily shattered and your hypocrisies gleefully exposed. :)
"Fool-Aid?" "Mythconceptions?" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::LOL::ROFL:(y)

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

If I am to live for God and please Him in all things, I need every word that He has given.
Why aren’t you using the original King James Version? The modern 1769 is a new age translation .
Blessings
Bill

Nov 22, 2018

I find your language insulting, but appreciate your attempt to accommodate me by using archaic diction.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The perfect KJV can be translated from English into Chinese -- naturally without using even any recent dictionaries or lexicons that would corrupt the translation.

I just can't begin to understand how anyone could seriously assert this! It boogles the mind! First, you cannot even begin to "directly" or "naturally" translate a western language like Chinese into English. It is such a totally different language. Plus, you say "Chinese" but do you mean Mandarin or Cantonese, or a different dialect. They are different. My grandson lived in Hong Kong when he was 3 and went to Chinese school. He had a lot of trouble with Cantonese, but Mandarin he found easy. (Although I always thought Mandarin was harder.)

Looking at one thread on whether Chinese uses definite and indefinite articles, it seems like the Chinese speakers don't even agree among themselves about this issue. One person says no, and calls them rather "determiners." Often to do with measure words, unlike English.

Question - Does the Chinese Language have Articles________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ty Eng, Lim, Chinese language enthusiast here
Answered Sep 23 2016 · Author has 143 answers and 191.7k answer views
As @Robert Matthews (馬學進) and @Joseph Boyle mention, Cantonese can use measure words like articles. Teochew, another Southern Chinese language does the same thing. Vietnamese can do this as well.

尾魚臭腥 Bue heu cao co. The fish stinks.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joseph Boyle
No, although I’ve known speakers who use determiners gratuitously.

Another angle on it is to consider the numerical classifiers found in Chinese and most East and Southeast Asian languages. In Mandarin you never use them without numbers, but this is sometimes possible in Cantonese, which looks suspiciously like an article. If this were obligatory instead of occasional, you might have something like the noun-class system of Bantu."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.quora.com/Does-the-Chinese-language-have-articles

So, you cannot begin to translate 16th century English naturally into any kind of Chinese. Another language, Russian, does not use any articles at all. So, you cannot directly translate either Greek, Hebrew or English of any sort into Russian.

For that matter, Greek has no indefinite article, although people translate nothing in front of the noun, into the indefinite article, a or an. And the JWs have twisted that all around in John 1:1d, by saying, "and the Word was a god." Seriously, they do!

So, it is obvious by this ridiculous statement you know nothing of English grammar, let alone other languages. Like French, German, Spanish or languages which are totally different, like Chinese or Korean or Russian. I did a LOT of grammar in French and German, and then in English, too! I remember talking to my Greek prof about grammar, and how it wasn't hard for me in Greek, because I had so much grammar in other languages. He said he has looked in vain for a simple English grammar test for ESL. He said the Koreans have no article, and also found Greek to be overwhelming. (I did get Outstanding Greek student, and besides a LOT of hard work memorizing vocabulary, and completing every assignment, my grammar background made it easier.)

As for KJV being not corrupt, I dare you to give me any verse in the NT, and I will show you how it deviates from the Greek. Not affecting doctrine, but not identical. Or wait...are you one of those people who think only the KJV is inspired, not the original manuscripts.

I just don't get where this cult came from. No, I do! Peter Ruckman and Gail Riplinger and their cult.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
If the KJV is flawed then it must be true also that all translations, revisions and versions have flaws as well. God fully understood how the major modern versions would be presented and I am sure that they are all a reliable source of scriptural truth. You can wrest or twist any passage of any type of bible but if you allow the Holy Spirit to guide you then what you are reading is accurate and inspirational.
The biggest flaw of the KJV is 400 years of language changes and the science of nature. Go to post 41. It lists all of the problems KJV has because of the 400 years!! Words that no longer exist in English. Animals that don't exist like satyrs. Sentences that don't make sense. Etc.

Nov 22, 2018
I just can't begin to understand how anyone could seriously assert this!
You don't need to. It was a joke! Seriously...

Good for you. Your grandson lived in China, and you know how to use Google. I'm proud of you. Too bad you can't recognize a joke.

Dec 12, 2013
How darest thou use such pesky facts!
The day the deacon and preacher told me in defense of their version worship that Jesus and Paul both preached from the King Jimmy toke me all I need to know......nothing but a translation, transliteration from 54 false teachers (Episcopal priests)........nothing more, nothing less!!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe I should have let this go on for a little longer, but yes, of course it was! It didn't occur to me that anyone would think otherwise. I'm obviously still learning.
You're new here... you're allowed to commit some foibles. Easily overlooked. :)

Unfortunately you chose to joke about a subject that some people take very seriously. Some people really do believe such things. Some even argue them... at length.

Nov 23, 2013
I think that anybody who thinks man is capable of translating the word of God without inspiration has no clue as to what the Bible even is. It really sickens me to see the foolish comments on these threads.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
You don't need to. It was a joke! Seriously...

Good for you. Your grandson lived in China, and you know how to use Google. I'm proud of you. Too bad you can't recognize a joke.
Humm says it’s a joke . Then pours on the sarcastic insults . Well it tells you a few things . Someone has a bruised ego , and the real joke is behind the post .
Bill

Nov 22, 2018
That's a little snotty isn't it?
Maybe. She had me laughing much harder than I hoped or imagined anyone would laugh at my post. It's ironic -- I post something funny, hoping to make a few people laugh, and I'm the one who ends up laughing. It's utterly hilarious (wow, meta-humor).