Thought policing and "trigger words" in Christian community

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Even more unfortunate is the fact that people-at-large take anything that [modern] "science states" to be 'Gospel Truth'. This is very sad indeed.
Yes, many professing Christians put mans (Science States) above scripture in many instances, the age of the earth and man would be prime examples.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I love discussing, even arguing .. I have changed my opinions many times and been corrected , I appreciated being corrected .. I think it's good and helps keep you sharp .. And I've been inspired and learned a lot from others and been prompted to study many topics .. I thank God for you all .. I see it as family .. And I'm certainly no angel .. God Bless and thanks to you all ..
this is truly wonderful, my experience on this site is the opposite. It is true it is a wonderful site, and I have corrected some of my misconceptions about scripture through some posts, but mostly everyone here is my enemy.

There are certain scripture ideas they hold sacred, and if you say scripture tells anything different you are classed as someone to use personal attacks against. Like that God changed His mind and is now different from the God He was in the beginning. Especially in regard to the old covenant. You must say all the old is cancelled, nothing is obsolete. And any mention of the seventh day of creation brings a pile of brinks at your head. The sacrificial system was, in many views, a mistake of the Lord made, it was about killing animals. These are things you must not touch, for if you do the posters become enemies.

I have learned this site is marvelous for guiding study and pointing you to scripture, I am so thankful for it. It is like a lifeline. But for me, I have learned that no one is interested in study, only in stating their beliefs so I must listen, learn, and shut up.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
this is truly wonderful, my experience on this site is the opposite. It is true it is a wonderful site, and I have corrected some of my misconceptions about scripture through some posts, but mostly everyone here is my enemy.

There are certain scripture ideas they hold sacred, and if you say scripture tells anything different you are classed as someone to use personal attacks against. Like that God changed His mind and is now different from the God He was in the beginning. Especially in regard to the old covenant. You must say all the old is cancelled, nothing is obsolete. And any mention of the seventh day of creation brings a pile of brinks at your head. The sacrificial system was, in many views, a mistake of the Lord made, it was about killing animals. These are things you must not touch, for if you do the posters become enemies.

I have learned this site is marvelous for guiding study and pointing you to scripture, I am so thankful for it. It is like a lifeline. But for me, I have learned that no one is interested in study, only in stating their beliefs so I must listen, learn, and shut up.
You've posted some very good stuff, I've agreed with a lot of your posts and some I haven't, no big deal if we disagree on something ..

lol, I post a lot of stuff where I know when I post I must be ready to ''duck for cover'' .... :) .. God Bless, you do just fine

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
You've posted some very good stuff, I've agreed with a lot of your posts and some I haven't, no big deal if we disagree on something ..

lol, I post a lot of stuff where I know when I post I must be ready to ''duck for cover'' .... :) .. God Bless, you do just fine
The true test of friendship is the ability to disagree and still be friends. It is the Godly way.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co

...Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

t.r.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
The bible decides what is true, not any person and certainly not me.

Which is why I am here. To have a catalyst that causes me to study, and to share what I have learned. Also yes to refute bad doctrine, which sadly this form is full of.
Sacramentarianism is bloody rampant, and when you refute it be prepared for the attack. It's a whole western evangelical theology issue.
Then the whole works based salvation, and the idea that one could lose salvation, and that salvation is some kind of decision. I still can't figure out how believing something is a decision. To believe something is to be compelled by evidence.
What is sacramentarianism?

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
Couldn't we put all these theological questions aside as wonderful to think about, but never to use to judge others?

When Jesus was asked what the greatest law was, he didn't say all law was the same, he said this in Matthew 22: 36 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two.

To love others is to accept them and think the best of them. We can discuss how to understand scripture, but we are not to judge or gossip about people.

1 Corinthians 5 (ESV)

11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020

God's word is voluminous and intricate. Jesus / Yeshua has not come back yet, and there is prophesies yet to be fulfilled, like Ezekiel's temple and God's restoration of Israel, and God's Shekinah presence that will dwell with man, inside Ezekiel's prophesied temple, that has never in the past come to fruition yet, yet it also talks of an animal sacrificial system in future, that will be a sacramental referring to Christ's / Messiah's ultimate and complete sin offering:

Ezekiel 46 (ESV)

20 And he said to me, "This is the place where the priests shall boil the guilt offering and the sin offering, and where they shall bake the grain offering, in order not to bring them out into the outer court and so transmit holiness to the people."

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
God's word is voluminous and intricate. Jesus / Yeshua has not come back yet, and there is prophesies yet to be fulfilled, like Ezekiel's temple and God's restoration of Israel, and God's Shekinah presence that will dwell with man, inside Ezekiel's prophesied temple, that has never in the past come to fruition yet, yet it also talks of an animal sacrificial system in future, that will be a sacramental referring to Christ's / Messiah's ultimate and complete sin offering:

Ezekiel 46 (ESV)

20 And he said to me, "This is the place where the priests shall boil the guilt offering and the sin offering, and where they shall bake the grain offering, in order not to bring them out into the outer court and so transmit holiness to the people."
The Temple seen in Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is the 2nd Zerubabbel Temple, that was built in 536BC after the Babylonian captivity, and was destroyed by the Roman's in the siege of Jerusalem in 70AD

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
The Temple seen in Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is the 2nd Zerubabbel Temple, that was built in 536BC after the Babylonian captivity, and was destroyed by the Roman's in the siege of Jerusalem in 70AD
Did a stream flow out of the 2nd temple, with trees besides the stream's waters that healed the peoples? No. Were all twelve tribes present in the land? No, only the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi in Judea after the return from their Babylonian captivity, the other 9 1/2 tribes still need to return from their Assyrian captivity from where they were scattered into all four corners of the earth, this has not yet happened, but still has to happen as prophesied in Ezekiel 37-48.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I still can't figure out how believing something is a decision. To believe something is to be compelled by evidence.
That's always bugged me too.
I didn't decide to believe the sky is blue, and no matter how much gumption I put into it I can't seem to decide to believe it's purple :unsure:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I didn't decide to believe the sky is blue, and no matter how much gumption I put into it I can't seem to decide to believe it's purple :unsure:
Except, perhaps, when it is :D

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
It is interesting to factor in the assumptions of believing the sky is blue: The observer has eyes, not colour blind, is observing in an area at a continuous stretch of time where the sky is not constantly dark close to the northern arctic during wintertime. The observer is of comprehensible age to discern the colour blue and the concept sky. ;)

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
It is interesting to factor in the assumptions of believing the sky is blue: The observer has eyes, not colour blind, is observing in an area at a continuous stretch of time where the sky is not constantly dark close to the northern arctic during wintertime. The observer is of comprehensible age to discern the colour blue and the concept sky. ;)
Which brings us to the notion that salvation is by grace only, even for the souls of those that are not of comprehensible capacity, like babies that died, or incapacitated fellow man.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Did a stream flow out of the 2nd temple, with trees besides the stream's waters that healed the peoples? No. Were all twelve tribes present in the land? No, only the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi in Judea after the return from their Babylonian captivity, the other 9 1/2 tribes still need to return from their Assyrian captivity from where they were scattered into all four corners of the earth, this has not yet happened, but still has to happen as prophesied in Ezekiel 37-48.
You will closely note I stated Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is the Zerubabbel Temple built in 536BC

You then jump to Ezekiel Chapter 47 talking about a stream flowing, and trees beside the stream?

Ezekiel Chapters 47-48 represents (The Eternal Kingdom) in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem,

Ezekiel 47:12 is showing the (Eternal) River And Tree Of Life, Also Seen In Revelation 22:1-2, Same River, Tree, Fruit, Leaves For Healing/Medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Ezekiel 47:12KJV
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Revelation 22:1-2KJV
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
You will closely note I stated Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is the Zerubabbel Temple built in 536BC

You then jump to Ezekiel Chapter 47 talking about a stream flowing, and trees beside the stream?

Ezekiel Chapters 47-48 represents (The Eternal Kingdom) in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem,

Ezekiel 47:12 is showing the (Eternal) River And Tree Of Life, Also Seen In Revelation 22:1-2, Same River, Tree, Fruit, Leaves For Healing/Medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Ezekiel 47:12KJV
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Revelation 22:1-2KJV
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Between Ezekiel 46:24 and Ezekiel 47:1 there does not seem to be a 2500+ (536BC + 2020AC + ? years to the second coming) year time jump from the Ezekiel temple on this physical earth, to the end of time on this physical earth into eternity at the return of Christ / Messiah.

Look at these verses to show the same physical, earthly building structure in the same chronological timeframe being discussed:

Ezekiel 43 (ESV)

4 As the glory of the Lord entered the temple by the gate facing east, 5 the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the Lord filled the temple.

Ezekiel 46 (ESV)

9 "When the people of the land come before the Lord at the appointed feasts, he who enters by the north gate to worship shall go out by the south gate, and he who enters by the south gate shall go out by the north gate: no one shall return by way of the gate by which he entered, but each shall go out straight ahead.

Ezekiel 47 (ESV)

1 Then he brought me back to the door of the temple, and behold, water was issuing from below the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was flowing down from below the south end of the threshold of the temple, south of the altar. 2 Then he brought me out by way of the north gate and led me around on the outside to the outer gate that faces toward the east; and behold, the water was trickling out on the south side.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

1 Corinthians 5 (ESV)

11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."
Jesus was kind to these people, and because he was our Savior, he even was their friends. We are to keep ourselves apart from people who identify themselves with a sin, but on this site, it is Christians who treat other Christians as enemies. We are told never to do that based on differences in ways they believe in honoring Christ.