Till we meet again...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Member
Nov 4, 2014
6,700
7,164
113
Warning Warning another sentimental alert...lol.

Till we meet again…

I reflect on my loves, those I miss...those I yearn to see. Some are still here on this earth, just far away. Others have gone to their final resting place.

I want hug them so long that the hug becomes a hold. I want to laugh with them so freely, to share with them this one of a kind feeling.

Sometimes when we meet, our time isn't alway extra special; yet, in a way... with love, the ordinary becomes almost super natural.

Oh Lord, how can I ever thank you for people you have blessed me with...so many are my family, even those who were once just friends.

I do not brag nor boast about the loves in my life, for I know each one is not my doing. They are gifts you have given. Mine is to take care of them best I can.

Lord, please help me.

Sometimes, though, Lord, they are out of my reach. I miss them so, to the point of a breaking kind of ache. I even wonder, sometimes, is love worth the price.

I then think of the greatest love of all, the grandest gift ever...You and Your love. You are always right here to ease the burden of missing those not so near.

I need to ask you Lord, rise up in them today, and everyday, bring them peace in their storms, bring them joy in midst of their suffering, bring them restoration when weariness has become a close companion. Love them so active and tender, as only you are able, my Lord, my Savior, the great Almighty.

To those no longer living, please ensure they are resting in Your peace.

To all of you, my loves, I am so looking forward…

Till we meet again
 
  • Like
Reactions: mar09
I am looking forward to meeting my little dog Yankee who died in 1992 from cancer. When he sees his daddy his little tail will be wagging. We'll have a good time then.
 
I am looking forward to meeting my little dog Yankee who died in 1992 from cancer. When he sees his daddy his little tail will be wagging. We'll have a good time then.
Ouch...oh Yankee...yes yes yes, I think of all my long lost critters too. Doozy, Jax and most recently Baily...sniff sniff.

I am so sorry. It is beautiful that you still miss her. I hope i get to witness the reunion of ppls loves.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
My senior doggie passed just this past Tuesday. Reading your post reminded me of his little personality and how no matter where I was in the house, if he was napping and realized I had left he'd jump down from the couch and find me so he could jump up and be snuggled by mom. Then he'd go to sleep in my lap happy again to not be alone.
He was a rescue and was abused through starvation. When he passed and was so skinny that I could see his ribs and his hip bones, I wept that he came to me starved but muscled. And now he was leaving as he slept beside me one last time, skin and bones.
I held him and asked him to forgive me that I could not heal his suffering. His eyes , starting to whiten from cataracts , gazed up at me as I fed him the only thing he could eat, liquid nutrition, as what was to be his last meal. I kissed his forehead, rubbed my nose to his, and told him I love him over and over again.
The next morning I awoke and his eyes were open, staring at the window where the drapes were pulled closed against first morning chill. Goodbye my best friend. I will miss you for the rest of my life.
 
Oh Whisper, OUCHHHHH! I am so so sorry. This is such a hard loss, it hits hard. Oh sis, I love how you loved him but so sad he had to leave you. Chill bumps reading, as you shared so sweetly the details of his last moments and his passing. I am so glad he is no longer suffering.

Big hugs...♡♡♡