Time for a very serious thread. What do you like on a burger?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Weeeeeeell... depends on where I am.

There's this one local restaurant that has a whole doggone menu of stuff to add on to your burger.

View attachment 236264

Mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickle and/or onion are standard and included in the base price. All the other add-ons are extra.

You could spend a second mortgage building the perfect burger. o_O

No, "fried egg" is not a typo. It's a southern thang.

You in the south too,Lynx?

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Just as long as they dropped that bottle of sauce on SOMEONE ELSE'S burger 🍔, we're all good. 😁
Wish I could be that lucky landed on the floor so grabbing the mop cause just got a new job title of custodian as well....LOL

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Now on the flipside, I've also had to down many a bad burger that would probably have been well-hidden and even pass as edible if only it were smeared with a giant concoction of other pudding-like sauces.
Well of course! Why do you THINK they push sauces so hard?

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Ok you win. You would think after going my whole life losing every argument with a gal I would learn, but no I press my luck and roll snake eyes..........LOL

Thank you for recognizing my gender.

You should have learned by now then

Lots of hugs to you(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
On my burger?..
Medium well patty, romaine lettuce, red onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard, dukes mayonnaise!

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Time for deeply important topics. Hamburgers, one of God's many gifts to humanity. How do you like yours? What toppings do you like?

I like a good medium-well cheeseburger. Gluten free bun, cuz that's how I roll. Lol.

From there, we can go many different ways. A nice juicy mushroom and swiss is excellent. A bacon cheddar cheeseburger is great. I love tomatoes, mayo, pickles. Onions, yes. Barbecue sauce, yes. Some places put a fried egg on a cheeseburger, YES!

If you tell me you don't like burgers... I will question your humanity.
NO pickles. MacDonald's have a lot to answer for. Beetroot, yes. Bacon, egg, cheese, lettuce, tomato, tomato sauce. A bun that does not fall apart while you are eating it. I prefer my bun raw and the meat patty well done.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Thank you for recognizing my gender.

You should have learned by now then

Lots of hugs to you(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Please if I had done that I would still be hungry but after a meal of my foot in my mouth I am all good and full....LOL

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Wish I could be that lucky landed on the floor so grabbing the mop cause just got a new job title of custodian as well....LOL
We'll have to see how many troublemakers this thread wrangles up. 🤨

We might be coaxing you to "drop" a few bottles of sauce on some people's burgers...

Just to keep the rebels in line. 🤠🤪

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well if I'm making a burger at home for me (and I usually am), burgers, bacon, mushrooms, cheese (usually Havarti or cheddar), maybe a fried egg and / or some ketchup. On a pretzel bun if I'm feeling really extravagant.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
We'll have to see how many troublemakers this thread wrangles up. 🤨

We might be coaxing you to "drop" a few bottles of sauce on some people's burgers...

Just to keep the rebels in line. 🤠🤪
What's up Doc.........them rebels I know well.

download (2).jpg

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Drumroll, please.

I am one of those extraordinarily weird people whose favorite topping on a burger is... TA DA!!!!

Cheese.

As in, American or cheddar, possibly with bacon. And I agree with you @JStates -- mushroom and swiss or Muenster are excellent. If I don't think I'll be around too many people for a while, I may even add slivers of raw onion. All perfectly stacked on a lovely brioche or ciabatta bun. Perfecto!!!

But one thing I DON'T want ruining or touching my burgers is any kind of ooey, gooey, slathery kind of SAUCE.

I DETEST a sloppy burger or sandwich. I HATE picking up a delightfully handheld meal, only to have gobs of goo or juice running down the side of my hands. BLECH!!! I don't like mayo, mustard, ketchup, "special" or secret sauce (even if it's a unique in-house creation that the restaurant is known for,) BBQ sauce, pickles, tomato, or anything that will cause my beloved stack of meat and cheese perfection to limp its way into a heap of spongy, soggy nastiness on my plate.

I have had many a waiter raise their eyebrow at me when I order, saying, "You mean, you want it DRY???" Why yes, yes I do, because I want to be able to taste the actual burger -- anything else for me messes up the flavor and texture. Now on the flipside, I've also had to down many a bad burger that would probably have been well-hidden and even pass as edible if only it were smeared with a giant concoction of other pudding-like sauces.

Now, I'm not so picky as to having to order everything specifically to my liking every time -- if we're in a hurry or it's impractical, I'll just order it as is and make do, but I'll scrape off as much gunk as possible and I won't enjoy it nearly as much.

And if my pickiness seems to be a bit off-setting, my family jokes -- and it isn't really a joke -- that I can walk into any place, no matter how supposedly fancy, and all I'll want is a burger (and fries, tater tots, or some GOOD chips -- not too greasy, not too thick, not too thin, and please, NOT BURNT!!!)

But... the sides that SHOULD and SHOULD NOT go WITH a burger? (Including beverages.)

That's a topic for another thread. :)
I can tell that you understand the gravity of this particular subject, excellent.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
I don't have burgers that often...but when I do ....I mix 50% natural lamb ground beef and 50% ground Sirloin together and cook on the grill....well done.... with lightly grilled buttered Kaiser bun.

This will probably get me excommunicated ....but plain; just me, the bun & burger.
I seriously considered excommunication, but your unique blend of meats and bun artistry have excused you.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
I'm one,but NOT a trouble maker.........mostly.

I know and look at Double S trying to perpetrate a fraud on us like she is all miss innocent like we can't see her tag line is "Outwrite Trouble" Trying to pull the old Lucy holding the football for Charlie to kick. All I can say to that is at least, let me have a break cause my tailbone still hurts from the last time she did it........LOL

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
NO pickles. MacDonald's have a lot to answer for. Beetroot, yes. Bacon, egg, cheese, lettuce, tomato, tomato sauce. A bun that does not fall apart while you are eating it. I prefer my bun raw and the meat patty well done.
Is beetroot the same as beets? I've never heard of either on a burger, interesting.

The down side with a gluten free bun is that it does tend to fall apart... :/ Challenging sometimes.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
I know and look at Double S trying to perpetrate a fraud on us like she is all miss innocent like we can't see her tag line is "Outwrite Trouble" Trying to pull the old Lucy holding the football for Charlie to kick. All I can say to that is at least, let me have a break cause my tailbone still hurts from the last time she did it........LOL

Did you also NOT LEARN yet us women stick together,now apologize to her and take another butt kicking.
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun.