Time machine

  • Thread starter Thread starter lightbliss
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I'd choose to live in whichever era I'd wind up most healthy and sane by adulthood in.
I have no idea which one that would be though.
 
I wana go back to the the time when my dad was growing up. Their generation were more active in church than mine is now.
 
Ah, yes, go back to the dinos to prove to the creationists that they're wrong? :P
 
I still say I'd rather go to the future than the past. Things are better today than they were at any previous point, there's no reason not to believe that the future won't continue to improve.
 
Um I think humanity becomes more ignorant as time continues. I like dinosaurs because they're big lizards, I like lizards.
 
Um I think humanity becomes more ignorant as time continues.

Yeah, because when we used to burn people because we thought they were witches, we were SO enlightened?

And when we worshiped human kings, pharaohs, and caesars as if they were gods, that was the pinnacle of human intelligence?

Oh, and don't forget how doctors "cured" people through blood-letting, counter-curses, or downright murder -- indicating that modern doctors with their surgery and medicines are so much more ignorant?

Sorry, but you're just plain wrong. Humanity has become more enlightened and closer to God with every passing age. We're not perfect yet, but we're closer to it now than we were before the time of Jesus. Paul even speaks of it in his letters ... how slow we were to understand God, that he tried to tell his message through his prophets, and we didn't really understand it until he sent his Son.

We still don't really get it sometimes, but like I said, we're closer now than we were before, and I have faith that at some point in the future, God will bring the whole world to Him. I'm sorry if your faith teaches otherwise.