Time to move on.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
So I used to come to this site for sound and level headed advice. However lately due to highly politicized opinions and other such opinions, I no longer get the advice I seek. I've had my legitimacy of my Christianity questioned here and for someone who struggles with severe scrupulosity and constant doubt, it is a danger for me to remain here. I love you all, but its time I move on.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My counsel is to persevere and remain a member because you are an asset to this site. I for one do not question the legitimacy of your Christianity. If you deicide to vacate the premises you will sorely be missed, at least by me and probably many others as well.

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
Sorry to hear Koji....
But I understand.
I took a nearly 6 ye hiatus myself
Whatever you do be well and go with God.
✌️❤️

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
My counsel is to persevere and remain a member because you are an asset to this site. I for one do not question the legitimacy of your Christianity. If you deicide to vacate the premises you will sorely be missed, at least by me and probably many others as well.
I will keep my account open. I may change my mind at one point.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That's the spirit. More than once have I thought about resigning my membership but yet, I am still here. CC is like the Hotel California. You can check in but you cannot ever leave. It's not so bad if you think about it.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Yes dont go Koji. I dont know you very well but find your pictures humerous
and your posts honest. Just keep going and ignore the nasty responses.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You will find unsettling views wherever you go :censored::unsure::geek:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Koji,

I can certainly understand how you feel, but like others have said, maybe just take a break?

I always like to say, CC comes and goes in waves. The crowd is always changing, sometimes month to month, and surely year to year. Sometimes I find myself being able to relate to "the crowd", and sometimes I can't, but don't want to interfere, so I usually step back during that time.

I understand what you mean about finding more and more polarizing views and criticism -- I suspect that's an ongoing, and unfortunately, never-ending cycle of the online world... More and more people finding themselves frustrated with real life, trying to found an outlet or purpose through places such as this, but often doing so by being able to anonymously criticize anything they disagree with.

I believe I remember when you first came to CC, and you've been a staple here for a while. We would be sorry to see you go.

I don't know if this will help, but in the past year or so, I've been working on trying to connect with people individually whose posts I have read for a while and identify with rather than doing as much group talking in the threads.

Best wishes to you, and please keep in touch!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't know if this will help, but in the past year or so, I've been working on trying to connect with people individually whose posts I have read for a while and identify with rather than doing as much group talking in the threads.
I took note of this and may consider doing this too.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I took note of this and may consider doing this too.
I can't take any credit for it, believe me -- I believed this is what God was telling me to do. :)

So glad that you and JesusLives have toughed it out and stuck around, too. :geek:

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Hi I have never met you here before but I just clicked on this thread..Unfortunately at times you will experience unpleasant experiences from other Christians and be hurt,let down ect...
Yet it in NO WAY reflects your true worth.You are precious,loved by God and others and in life there will be bad apples among the bundle..I have witnessed and experienced many times comments by others who falsely accuse me of something I haven't even said,twisted the very words I used,some even become arrogant and seek to point score using biblical theology to hide their pride...when all they are doing is wounding others emotionally,spiritually and even making some become double minded in what they think..
Your far to precious here to leave...I am sure you have blessed others here and others have enjoyed your presence...jesus went through the same things yet in the end God vindicated him..and sometimes God pours blessing of acceptance,appreciation,empathy to re affirm one's true worth and value...this exposing the deceitful thoughts one may of had about one's self due to unpleasant exchanges.
If you decide to leave the enemie will see this and will just find another way to harass you via another channel..yet if you stay in jesus name and adopt a different approach to your interactions then you will have a different type of experience here..
I care about you though I never met you.
I believe there is good here despite the bad.
I pray my comments and others shead light into whatever darkness you have experienced..😊😊😊

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
See you later lil buddy. Careful out there. And God bless you.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
So I used to come to this site for sound and level headed advice. However lately due to highly politicized opinions and other such opinions, I no longer get the advice I seek. I've had my legitimacy of my Christianity questioned here and for someone who struggles with severe scrupulosity and constant doubt, it is a danger for me to remain here. I love you all, but its time I move on.
Sometimes when we feel forced to leave one area we realize there are better places for us that we've ignored or not sought out. Hopefully this leads you to better places.

Aug 2, 2009
Don't go, man. You help keep this place fun and interesting. Just brush off all those negative people. The only opinion that matters is God's. And if He can love a murderer like Moses (he killed an egyptian and fled to the dessert), and a roman officer who threw christians into prison (Saul of Tarsus before he became the apostle Paul), then He can certainly love YOU! And He does!

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I am sure you will gonna miss us 😁

If you are tired just rest...and restart again... 😅 but you are the one who knows what's better for you...please take care and God bless 😇

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Koji, your are just down and feeling vulnerable right now. Keep your membership open and come back when you deem it necessary. We will be praying and waiting for you, in the meantime.

I'll just leave these two verses for you to think on:

(YLT) Rom. 8:1 "There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit;"

(YLT) 1Co. 10:23
"All things to me are lawful, but all things are not profitable; all things to me are lawful, but all things do not build up;"

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Well, it's been good getting to know you a little bit. I have myself taken a break lately due to all the heat..."mostly".

Maybe a break for a while? Sort of like setting down a game for ages and then returning fresh?

If not, peace be with you :)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I realize reading through it, lots of people have said the same thing about a break.

Some people do have a lot more to wrestle with than others though and having your eyes opened to a bunch of things at once is overwhelming and can produce some deep searching that might cause some people to question that haven't ever been through such a thing. It is hurtful when people question your salvation, especially when you are interacting for what is probably encouragement and sharpening of your faith. I've experienced that in some churches and it does make a person feel quite unwelcome. Incredibly, it can cause the opposite effect of what you were looking for (advice, encouragement, fellowship) and just bring up raw doubts and spiritually seems completely counterproductive.

Idk, I could go on about this type of thing if it's helpful. I hesitate to share my own experiences in this area but I have had a fair few over my lifetime. Just don't personalize it too much to the point where it impacts your walk...I don't think the Lord likes to micromanage people and so if someone says something foul or totally off base, it's not his "fault", it's theirs.