To all of you non flat earthers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2021
Ahahaha ohh my goodness that is hilarious...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
North-centric pancake model...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: I love it
Where did u pull that from???

Man u had me laughing hard there for a few minutes...

A lot of what they say sounds like they are from observations taken from the northern hemisphere, before they ventured into the south around the 16th century.

I'm not sure Tim even takes any notice of the diagrams I have posted. He never refers to them anyway. I tried to make them as self explanatory as possible.

And if I had a dollar for every time I said facing crux = facing south I'd be rich. Now he suggests the the crux is somewhere between us...:rolleyes:To the east or west

Moses has given the best responses out of the FE crew here... I don't agree with him but he leaves a possibility tiny as it may be
Maybe one day, I will paste one clip in my reply, to prove I look at them. I have not removed them from your part of the post I quoted.

According to what is known about the crux the position is according to the time of day. The point is that they in Argentina still see the crux in the same position you do. It is not pointing down for them and up for you. At 6pm and 6am is pointing up for both of you. Which means on a FE model it is pointing down in Africa in the middle of the night. That line of the southern pole is then opposite of the Grey line you drew, but such a line would represent the ever turning compass point. All three of you are looking up at crux, but the line of south is lower than the horizon for Africa and way above the horizon for Australia and SA.

Instead of a fixed tilt running through the globe. Think of a fixed line pointing up on one side of the map and down on the opposite side. With the center of the map, the north pole as the point this lines intersects earth. It is always moving, and in 12 hour points, as it follows the orbit of crux.

Not on a computer, cannot manipulate clips.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
For one, he is not looking straight across the horizon. He is looking up at the sky, and that does not matter to him. His looking up is the same as looking straight. It does matter if you are doing a specific calculation of exactly where you are, where SA is and who is looking where.

I look south to see the moon. Does he look north to see the moon, or is it also south for him? Every one in the whole world looks south to see the crux. No one has ever looked north to find it.
I don't know who your "he" is. I suspect you're responding to the wrong post.

Ever heard of an earth eclipse? Why not?
There is no such thing, in common terminology.

A solar eclipse is the moon between the sun and the Earth, while a lunar eclipse is the Earth between the sun and the moon.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Simple answer: it does not. The two great lights get between each other and the earth.

All lights in the sky are in orbit around the north pole. The sun and moon are in orbits between the big dipper and crux.
If the earth is flat, how can you explain the earth between the sun and moon (an observed and calculated regular occurrence) during a lunar eclipse?

If the earth is flat, how do you explain ccw storms in the northern hemisphere, and cw storms in the southern hemisphere? It's called the Coriolis Effect.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
You are not exactly opposite of south America. It is a difference of 13 hours.

You say the math (exact mathematical angles) does not count, only your perspective.

Then you claim the stars (math) cannot lie, only your perspective.

Which statement are you sticking to?
Irrelevant

FACT - FACING CRUX FACING SOUTH

FACT - WE CAN ALL SEE IT TO THE SOUTH AT THE SAME TIME AT NIGHT

Your still avoiding the original question.
FE has no answer to it

May 23, 2021
If the earth is flat, how can you explain the earth between the sun and moon (an observed and calculated regular occurrence) during a lunar eclipse?

If the earth is flat, how do you explain ccw storms in the northern hemisphere, and cw storms in the southern hemisphere? It's called the Coriolis Effect.
"And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree."

Does God stop the earth rotating at this point?

On a flat earth the sun would come between the moon and the earth. Just like the moon comes between the sun and the earth. The earth cannot come between the two lights. The two lights change and come between each other.

Those on the moon documented the earth coming between them and the sun?

May 23, 2021
Irrelevant

FACT - FACING CRUX FACING SOUTH

FACT - WE CAN ALL SEE IT TO THE SOUTH AT THE SAME TIME AT NIGHT

Your still avoiding the original question.
FE has no answer to it
I said you are looking up into the sky. You claimed that does not count.

You claim you are looking under the horizon at the crux, because other wise you are looking up. That is the only way it would not count.

It is impossible for it to be the same time 3 different locations such as the southern tip of SA, the southern tip of Africa, and Australia.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
It is impossible for it to be the same time 3 different locations such as the southern tip of SA, the southern tip of Africa, and Australia.
That's right.
It's impossible on that north-centric pancake model. It cannot account for this. You just admitted it

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I said you are looking up into the sky. You claimed that does not count.

You claim you are looking under the horizon at the crux, because other wise you are looking up. That is the only way it would not count.

You're still avoiding PC123's primary objection to your model:

On a flat Earth, "South" is away from the centre point of the flat "disc". That means a person in Australia who is looking Southwards is facing almost the exact opposite direction from a person in South America who is also looking Southwards.

Since they both see the same set of stars WITHOUT turning and looking back towards the centre of the disc, at the same time, the FE model CANNOT be valid.

PC123 has illustrated this repeatedly with the gray arrows pointing off the edges of the disc, and you have blathered on about secondary issues instead of dealing with this primary refutation of your model.

PLEASE, deal with it.

May 23, 2021
That's right.
It's impossible on that north-centric pancake model. It cannot account for this. You just admitted it
It is impossible on a BE, unless you have reconfigured time zones.

May 23, 2021
You're still avoiding PC123's primary objection to your model:

On a flat Earth, "South" is away from the centre point of the flat "disc". That means a person in Australia who is looking Southwards is facing almost the exact opposite direction from a person in South America who is also looking Southwards.

Since they both see the same set of stars WITHOUT turning and looking back towards the centre of the disc, at the same time, the FE model CANNOT be valid.

PC123 has illustrated this repeatedly with the gray arrows pointing off the edges of the disc, and you have blathered on about secondary issues instead of dealing with this primary refutation of your model.

PLEASE, deal with it.
I did. In fact a person looking north is also looking south.

May 23, 2021
You are still avoiding PC123's challenge.
No, you are avoiding the solution by calling it secondary. I cannot manipulate a map. Since I cannot get my point across in words, it seems useless.

If the earth is spinning according to the 40° angle of the view, the crux itself would be rotating the same speed as the earth. The claim is that throughout the night as the earth spins, so does the crux to mark each hour. How can another star system mirror the movement of the earth to the precise minute?

Since the earth is not moving the stars are doing all of the motion. When it can be proven you can look straight south and see the crux without looking up in the sky, there is point here. Because drawing lines on a flat map, and refusing to look flat towards the horizon proves nothing. Even at 100,000 miles tilting ones head slightly no longer puts the object in the sky due south. But call all those angles secondary and not the point. The crux is never due south, because it itself points a great distance to an imaginary spot, which then itself is above due south.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No, you are avoiding the solution by calling it secondary. I cannot manipulate a map. Since I cannot get my point across in words, it seems useless.

If the earth is spinning according to the 40° angle of the view, the crux itself would be rotating the same speed as the earth. The claim is that throughout the night as the earth spins, so does the crux to mark each hour. How can another star system mirror the movement of the earth to the precise minute?

Since the earth is not moving the stars are doing all of the motion. When it can be proven you can look straight south and see the crux without looking up in the sky, there is point here. Because drawing lines on a flat map, and refusing to look flat towards the horizon proves nothing. Even at 100,000 miles tilting ones head slightly no longer puts the object in the sky due south. But call all those angles secondary and not the point. The crux is never due south, because it itself points a great distance to an imaginary spot, which then itself is above due south.
Kindly answer PC123's challenge first, since (I believe) he raised it first.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
It is impossible on a BE, unless you have reconfigured time zones.
Don't change the focus to BE, im not arguing for BE... Im arguing against FE only

Its impossible for us all to be looking south at the crux simultaneously on FE...
Your admitting this now

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I did. In fact a person looking north is also looking south.
Ahahahaha... What... Is you compass ok??? It can't point both north and south at once...
Your claims just keep getting wilder Timmy

Thats right... You are admitting that this is impossible on FE

May 23, 2021
Don't change the focus to BE, im not arguing for BE... Im arguing against FE only

Its impossible for us all to be looking south at the crux simultaneously on FE...
Your admitting this now
I pointed out the crux is not due south but between you and them. If you are looking up at the crux, you are not looking due south, but that was ignored. You claim angles do not matter, but they do when it comes to objects hundreds of thousands of miles away. Since the point the earth is flat (in your argument) and not a BE. To be due south, it would have to be on the horizon. You deny that it is, but deny you have to be looking up. Once you look up and since the crux is not even due south, facing in that general direction is just an optical illusion.

In your drawings you use some added star motion that gives the optical illusion one is looking down through a tunnel. It is always looking up at an imaginary pole line that is moving with the crux. While at 6pm and 6am the crux is pointing up for you and SA. It is 10 am in Johannesburg. If they could see it, it would be pointing down.

Since Africa is daylight, they are not looking at nor would crux even be in view, but it is on the opposite side of the map. The pole line would be way below the horizon for Africa, but way above for Australia and Argentina. Africa would be looking through the North Pole to see the crux in the south. Looking through the north pole and the imaginary pole line below the horizon would be looking south for them in the day time.

Unless you can prove the crux is above Africa and south in the daytime, even South Africa has to look north to see the crux. Of course the sun would hinder that endeavor regardless.

May 23, 2021
My interpretation of his messages sees him admitting to the fact that its impossible on the north-centric pizza base
It is impossible period. There are time zones for a reason. And no, a person in Africa, Australia, and SA, can not be in the same time zone at the same time. Can someone at the north pole be in all 24 at the same time?

If a person stood on Atartica due south of Australia, another person due south of Africa, and a third due south of Argentina would they keep the time zone of that country, or could they see each other in the same time zone?