To My Accountability Partners / My Second Family

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Thank you to all who kept me in their prayers and encouraged me through their words. You have no idea how much you've touched my heart and soul. I'm usually a strong person but hey we all got an Achilles' heel... somewhere.

I am holding my CC family accountable to holding me accountable to myself, in this stormy season of my life. You all know how terribly easy it is to be distracted from the things that matter in life. So I think it's a good thing to get this out there.

I failed at organising my schedule. I spent too much time on CC arguing with people, and playing mobile games on my phone. I procrastinated a lot. I was failing at life, basically. What with my 12hr shifts and (supposedly) part time school, where I pushed myself to get more units than normal. It was too much to handle for such a frail and easily deceived heart.

The one week break I had, gave me time and sanity to deal with an important presentation at school. So, just to share, the feedback my team got for that presentation was so great, we all did well (we actually got the highest marks). So I know this break, and accountability thing is working (at least for me).

Well, I have another two essays to finish before Friday and another presentation and homework next week. Then, the week before finals... and finally, the dreaded week. Then some work training I'm required to attend, and another two weeks of supplementary classes just before Christmas. I don't think I can go home to my family this holiday season and that sucks but all things will work together. I'm sure some good things will happen.

No, I'm not terribly busy that I'm dying of stress or anything like that. I'm just very disorganised and needs help to keep focused and instead of being blessed and blessing CC, I was letting it consume me in ways that are destructive to my future.

Thank you all for even taking the time to read this. We all have our own lives but I'm thankful to Jesus for our community here and the selfless people Jesus has placed in here to just spread His love. You all know who you are <3 Or maybe not. So, that's sweetmorningdew78, notmyown, depleted, slave, LittleBit1987, nonamemcgee, toinena, jenizona, Rosemaryx, razor17, seoulsearch (I might have gotten some usernames wrong, but u gotta give me credit for not once looking up my friends list :p).

And the rest who have made a great impact in my life, in all my years (...almost 10!!) here. You probably already KNOW who you are (I'll write another list sometime in the future).

All I can offer you in exchange, is praying for you all's good health, peace to reign in your hearts every single day and Jesus' love to fill you even more, knowing that He is the author and perfecter or our faith, that His love breaks every chain and that He has the key, no scratch that, He IS the key to a joy that is so fulfilling, so that you can bless many more people. <3 I love you all <3 <3

(and please kick me out of here if I start posting again before next week, I plan to just visit CC every week as my reward for being focused :p)

S

Sweetmorningdew78

You are also a blessing into my life,thank you too ❤ still gonna miss you, but I understand that you really need a break from here.

Hey! Abby girl I am happy to hear from you again :)

[/url][/IMG]

You are always in my prayers ❤ hugsssxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
T

toinena

I should learn from you, Abi. I have three examination papers due the next three weeks. And all I do is posting silly pictures of my dogs. I use CC as a reward too. After doing a certain amount of reading and writing I reward myself to go here. I pray God will bless you in life, studies and at work.

J

joefizz

...I wasn't listed... X(

Buuut yeah, have a nice life!!! :)
lol,well I wasn't listed either but she did say she would make a list in the future of who has been a part in her life here on Christian Chat,I myself have been impacted by people here in different ways,if it makes you feel any better I could make a list right now with you included of people here who have impacted my life here in some way and I'll start with you winerose...
Wine rose-you weren't the first person to greet me here or to be my friend but you sure caught my attention and actually you may not know this but the things you share like music and humorous youtube videos or witty jokes and all around personality always "cheers me up" like for example that song "cup of tea" I really like it because when I get stressed or can't sleep it helps me calm my ever racing mind.
Magenta-You became my first friend here and you of course know that I like your cute kitten posts as well as purple posts,also you have been helpful to me learning more biblically and doctrine wise.
Blue lady bug-You are quite tough,funny,and knowledgeable I really appreciate how you have answered my technical questions,and let me know about how to type more efficiently on here.
Sweet morning dew-I like that we had great discussions in the filipino forum and that like danja and others you take time to greet new comers also your encouraging words to smile in your signature is inspiring.
Levi-Dear brother levi though it's probably not likely that you will see this post since you are typically busy praying for people in the prayer forums I still feel like saying that,you are quite special in that you pray more often in your posts than being more casual and I respect that and would encourage you to keep up the great work for God as I often have said to you.
No name mcgee-Now you know I can't leave you out,you are funny even to perhaps the point of being obnoxious yet you are quite biblically sound in my opinion and have quite a good grasp and view of the bible.
Danja-I like how you greet newcomers often before I do and am happy that you like many others here think I am funny,though you don't post much so unfortunately that's about all I can think to share about you.
Galatea-You like many of my dear friends have been one who has hoped for me to not be banned and joined me in figurative ban threads like the troll thread and like wine rose,hug life and many others had a field day with singles forum fun,you are very firm and blunt concerning your beliefs which I respect and admire,you may come across to others as overly harsh but I believe deep down that you are just a very caring individual that just simply gets wound up at times,you aren't alone in that.
Hug life-Well huglife I don't know if you are out in space with captain kirk or deep in a final fantasy game but no matter where you are you might see this,so I'd like to say it's cool to have another friend that likes final fantasy and cats of course,you are sorely missed here at Christian Chat,and you also got me hooked on star trek memes and opened the gateway for me to memes,so if I make someone laugh with a meme remember I can blame you for getting me started lol and then post another meme feigning innocence perhaps one of a cute kitten!
Ugly-I never have had you as a friend on my profile,but you sure act like a friend to most everyone though at times you are rather quick to speak and seem to have a bit of a temper,your wisdom is always much appreciated,you have helped me many times not only to navigate this site but also learn about other religions,some technical stuff,biblically,and that's really quite a nice quality of yours to take the time to help others understand many things when they are in need,also your constructive criticism is appreciated too though I tend to give you a hard time:)!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Accountability partner, eh?

Cool! :cool:

So is this the part where I get to dress up (or rather, down) like a thug and act all mean and tough while saying "NO!" a lot and, then roughing up a lot of people???

Oh wait. That's what I do on my lunch breaks. :D

In all honesty, Abs, I'm right there with you as far as distractions/procrastination, so we will definitely have to work at keeping each other in check.

Though I have to admit... I think it would be kind of hard for me to yell at you in any way because you always cheer me up so much.

I'm pretty sure the most I could manage is a big bear hug and maybe a VERY STERN, "Get back to work, young lady!" (Right after you check this post, of course.) :)

Feb 28, 2016
edifying others is so encouraging and up-lifting - on the other hand,
correcting, reproving in Love so often causes ill feelings or un-kind
reactions, and as we all have seen, and can often harden one's heart
to the point of being un-teachable or un-reachable...

D

Depleted

Thank you to all who kept me in their prayers and encouraged me through their words. You have no idea how much you've touched my heart and soul. I'm usually a strong person but hey we all got an Achilles' heel... somewhere.

I am holding my CC family accountable to holding me accountable to myself, in this stormy season of my life. You all know how terribly easy it is to be distracted from the things that matter in life. So I think it's a good thing to get this out there.

I failed at organising my schedule. I spent too much time on CC arguing with people, and playing mobile games on my phone. I procrastinated a lot. I was failing at life, basically. What with my 12hr shifts and (supposedly) part time school, where I pushed myself to get more units than normal. It was too much to handle for such a frail and easily deceived heart.

The one week break I had, gave me time and sanity to deal with an important presentation at school. So, just to share, the feedback my team got for that presentation was so great, we all did well (we actually got the highest marks). So I know this break, and accountability thing is working (at least for me).

Well, I have another two essays to finish before Friday and another presentation and homework next week. Then, the week before finals... and finally, the dreaded week. Then some work training I'm required to attend, and another two weeks of supplementary classes just before Christmas. I don't think I can go home to my family this holiday season and that sucks but all things will work together. I'm sure some good things will happen.

No, I'm not terribly busy that I'm dying of stress or anything like that. I'm just very disorganised and needs help to keep focused and instead of being blessed and blessing CC, I was letting it consume me in ways that are destructive to my future.

Thank you all for even taking the time to read this. We all have our own lives but I'm thankful to Jesus for our community here and the selfless people Jesus has placed in here to just spread His love. You all know who you are <3 Or maybe not. So, that's sweetmorningdew78, notmyown, depleted, slave, LittleBit1987, nonamemcgee, toinena, jenizona, Rosemaryx, razor17, seoulsearch (I might have gotten some usernames wrong, but u gotta give me credit for not once looking up my friends list :p).

And the rest who have made a great impact in my life, in all my years (...almost 10!!) here. You probably already KNOW who you are (I'll write another list sometime in the future).

All I can offer you in exchange, is praying for you all's good health, peace to reign in your hearts every single day and Jesus' love to fill you even more, knowing that He is the author and perfecter or our faith, that His love breaks every chain and that He has the key, no scratch that, He IS the key to a joy that is so fulfilling, so that you can bless many more people. <3 I love you all <3 <3

(and please kick me out of here if I start posting again before next week, I plan to just visit CC every week as my reward for being focused :p)
Let's just say, I should be working on my agent list right now, instead of being here, to give you some idea on how "organized" I am, but I did have 7 months of have-to-be-organized a while ago that taught me stuff anyway.

Other option besides one hour a week. If CC is the dessert after your healthy dinner, than make it just that. Get all of the work done you need to get done that day, and as a reward X amount of time on CC. (I was doing half an hour or an hour, depending on how long it took me to get everything else done. BUT a day, not a week.)

This is my cherry pie after having to eat liver and lima beans place, so if I have to eat liver and lima beans, I want more time with that pie. Once a week doesn't cut it for me, but knowing I want to get on here, makes me stop procrastinating to get the rest done, and puts a little hustle in my bustle.

Feb 28, 2016
anyone who east 'liver', well, you just have to 'know'...

D

Depleted

Has anyone else noticed reading this thread alone will take Abby's next hour. lol

Feb 28, 2016
that's why we Love her so much, she's so buttery about those who Love her!!
:):cool: