Today I found out...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

Your dd stuff looks like some of my arguments with a flash drive after I've used it for a live distro, then tried to rehabilitate it back to regular USB storage duty. It... Doesn't like that.
When I made tails os usb, I found out that I couldn't fully erase it for regular use, without doing that stuff.

I don't know why, but after tails os was on the drive, I could quick format it, and then I could use it. But if I ever tried to do a full format, windows and linux wouldn't do it. What I would end up with is a drive that couldn't store anything with the name tails os. It seems that the last drive that messed up on me, was used as a tails os drive that I just quick formatted. But keep in mind that it worked that way for a long long time before if failed. But I was able to use gpartedlive to retrieve the lost data, and copy it to another usb drive. After that I used the dd stuff to bring the drive back to life.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Today I'm learning all the amazing things members are posting in this Thread:)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I learned Prince of Persia (circa 2008) has a TERRIBLE ending. Light-versus-Dark story, and at the end the main character gives up his soul and the whole world just to bring a girl back to life... the same girl who was already resurrected once by her father making the same deal with the big bad dark guy.
The movie was enjoyable though.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Today I learned that "Peppermint Bark" coffee has a significant dose of chocolate in its aroma.

I'm not usually one for flavoured coffee, as I consistently find that the aroma does not translate to the taste, but this was tolerable, and smelled nice.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I never like Ubisoft. They’re completely lost.
‘According to Ubisoft all warriors in history are women.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Wizz in 'Do NOT open this book' ages. He tells people not to turn the page as he gets older and older.

On the very last page *spoiler* I had to glue the paper back on as some kid tried to turn it and ripped the end paper of the book.

Otherwise I found out that...the way to get a kid to do something is to tell them NOT to do it

No you cant be quiet!
do NOT walk
DONT come to school
Dont read
Dont wash your hands
Dont eat the apples
Dont listen to the teacher
Dont do any homework

The other thing, dealing with kids is, you be real mean to them and then say 'Im only joking' Or 'Im just kidding' and then they totally get you.

But thats kids, they have the soul of a rebel

Lambs on the other hand, need guidance, and the respond to a soft touch and gentle nudge. You only really have to point in the right direction and they'll go there, and when you call them, the trust you and will run to you and follow you

Jul 16, 2022
North Carolina
Share what amazing new thing you learned today!
This might be a stretch for some, but here it goes:

I was told long ago to becareful what you ask for especially during prayer. I was warned that should you pray for patience God woud flood you with those that would demnd patience from you.

I read that ones view of their parental father molds one's perception of how Father God will respond to you and what you do.

So I struggled for a long time trying to be careful of wording, making every effort to be concise, exact and inclusive of details that matters most when asking God for anything. I wrecked my prayer life and what I now realize to much shame fed a mistrust of the Good Father, until it became an uncontrollble beast.

But yesterday I ws reminded of sectin of scripture that I had read often, but now had gain a new meaning, which showed my error in bright neon lights I could not unsee.

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Mat 7:9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Mat 7:10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
Mat 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

I realize now how simple and seemingly harmless words and phrases can rob a person of joy and trust in a relationship with God. I also now know just how wrong I was, and lacking discernment to dismiss those words and phrases that caused me to not yield compete trust to a God, King, and Father who has never given me a reason not to trust Him.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I added some more words/characters to my vocab
I probably wont remember them all but I just like learning new words
my goal is to be able to read Chinese so I need to know at least 2000 to be able to read the Bible
if that sounds daunting well got to start somewhere, I found out that I need to know about 250 radicals and that will help as they build characters that make up the words

its kind of like a secret code for me. English is much easier because its mostly phonetic and only 26 letters but Chinese
apparently is the only langauge that uses written characters/symbols to represent whole words. I think thats kinda cool, like reading in emojis almost.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This might be a stretch for some, but here it goes:

I was told long ago to becareful what you ask for especially during prayer. I was warned that should you pray for patience God woud flood you with those that would demnd patience from you.

I read that ones view of their parental father molds one's perception of how Father God will respond to you and what you do.

So I struggled for a long time trying to be careful of wording, making every effort to be concise, exact and inclusive of details that matters most when asking God for anything. I wrecked my prayer life and what I now realize to much shame fed a mistrust of the Good Father, until it became an uncontrollble beast.

But yesterday I ws reminded of sectin of scripture that I had read often, but now had gain a new meaning, which showed my error in bright neon lights I could not unsee.

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Mat 7:9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Mat 7:10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
Mat 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

I realize now how simple and seemingly harmless words and phrases can rob a person of joy and trust in a relationship with God. I also now know just how wrong I was, and lacking discernment to dismiss those words and phrases that caused me to not yield compete trust to a God, King, and Father who has never given me a reason not to trust Him.
Yeah, patience is something you learn. If you pray for it, God will send things to teach you it.

About praying specifically... All I know is that when Moses called for the sun to stand still, God did not correct him. God knew what he meant and did what was needed. ;)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I tried to make a thread out of this for Bible Discussion, but it was rejected. Not sure why.
It's possible your thread is just awaiting approval.

Mods volunteer their time here is it can take a few hours or days.

Unless you get word that it was rejected, it's probably just waiting "down the hatch."🙂

Welcome to the site!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If I dont see it in a day or so I will see if I can make one on BDF my threads seem to be approved pretty quick
I havent made a new thread there for a while.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I learned that when I put my profile on Christian Mingle I cannot keep with the notices. Plus amazes me couldn't get a date when I was in high school. Just saying,lol!

Attachments

S

SanderB

I learned that yet another microSD card has died.

"If your computer files don't exist on at least three seperate drives, they don't really exist." Make that seven for microSD cards. :cautious:
I always recommend using a USB-C SSD for quick file retrieval, and a separate hard disk set for storing files for long term. If a drive gets common use, from what I have heard, back up files onto another drive before the first drive fails. :) Also, what do you use MicroSD cards for? Spreadsheets?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I always recommend using a USB-C SSD for quick file retrieval, and a separate hard disk set for storing files for long term. If a drive gets common use, from what I have heard, back up files onto another drive before the first drive fails. :) Also, what do you use MicroSD cards for? Spreadsheets?
Extra phone storage. My phone can take terabyte microSD cards. I can finally carry around my whole music collection in glorious lossless FLAC! No longer must I subsist on .ogg for mobile music.

And yeah, many read/writes every day. It's playing for seven hours every day I go to work.

S

SanderB

Awesome. Well, hey, at least you are not using WAV. That is around 2x bigger than FLAC. Me personally, I stick with 320 kbps MP3. Lol... :) Takes way less storage than FLAC, WAV or OGG. But you must be an audiophile then, who likes lossless compression. Yes, I know about these terms cos I like science and technology (faith comes first though).

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Awesome. Well, hey, at least you are not using WAV. That is around 2x bigger than FLAC. Me personally, I stick with 320 kbps MP3. Lol... :) Takes way less storage than FLAC, WAV or OGG. But you must be an audiophile then, who likes lossless compression. Yes, I know about these terms cos I like science and technology (faith comes first though).
Less than ogg?

Before I got a phone that could use terabyte mSD, I was running on .ogg at 80kbps (variable bit rate) mono. Two reasons:
1 - With .ogg mono really does let you have the same quality for half the file size (unlike SOME formats that just make two identical channels and claim it is mono...)
2 - I use one earbud so I can keep the other ear in reality, and I would hate to miss a whole instrument that is panned hard right or left.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont suppose anyone knows how to stop my 'smartphone' from saying my calls and messages has stopped...every five seconds. If its stopped, why does it need to tell me all the time. I thought my phone was meant to be smart and fix itself.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I dont suppose anyone knows how to stop my 'smartphone' from saying my calls and messages has stopped...every five seconds. If its stopped, why does it need to tell me all the time. I thought my phone was meant to be smart and fix itself.
Depends on which app is making these notifications. You might be able to go into settings and change a notification setting.

Try googling the exact message wording, along with the android version on your phone, and something about stopping it. Like:
Android 11 turn off "Your calling and messages have been disconnected" message