Tragic loss

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I will never leave you nor forsake you, says the Lord.

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
Hey everyone.
Last week I lost my son when he was killed in a motorcycle accident
He would have been 27 in November
I know I tend to butt heads with people on here on pretty much everything but I could really use all of your support right now.
Deeply sorry for your loss, praying for your comfort in Christ 🙏🏼

Mar 23, 2016
Hey everyone.
I know I tend to butt heads with people on here on pretty much everything but I could really use all of your support right now.
Dude653 ... I am so sorry you lost your son. Praying for you and your family ... praying that God comforts your hurting hearts. I will keep you in prayer whenever God brings you to my memory. sometimes the things of this life are so unbearable ... :cry::cry::cry:

Mar 23, 2016
He had just gotten out of the Marines and was going to college on the GI Bill
I've been reading comments from some of his friends and fellow Marines and they all speak very highly of him
He was an amazing young man who touched a lot of people's lives
:cry::cry::cry: so young ... making plans for his future ...

keep his friends' comments in your heart. they speak highly of you bringing up such a fine son.

again ... sorry he is no longer with you ...

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Hey everyone.
We've butted heads in the past. All water under the bridge now. I hold you in my prayers. I am so sorry to read of your loss. Years ago I lost a friend the same way. Sudden losses of family or friends cuts deep. All those things we think we should have said or thought we always had time to start to flood our mind. Regret covers that knot in the gut formed by the tragic sudden news. And then we start to beat ourselves up because we think we didn't show them enough of what they meant to us.

Know this dad, your son carried you inside him. You were part of him as one who made him to be brought into this world. He was never without you. And you now are never without him because you have the memories, the sound of his voice is still with you. Pictures of better days comfort you. Videos. Even the voicemail on his phone. Record that on your own phone so you have it always.
Your son loves you still. Death is not the end. You'll see him again one day. (huge hug) *and tissues*
God comfort you in this time. And bring you peace.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
So sorry for your loss. Lifting you and your family up in prayer to the Lord.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hey everyone.
That is simply horrible and you have my full support. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and agony that you are going through right now. I will say a prayer also.

S

suzzyQ

Hey everyone.
um, I REALLY want to give my consolement here....

BUT as I read on I saw this

He had just gotten out of the Marines and was going to college on the GI Bill
I've been reading comments from some of his friends and fellow Marines and they all speak very highly of him
He was an amazing young man who touched a lot of people's lives
I read this the other day right after it first posted and it had the word WIVES NOT LIVES .........
"He was an amazing young man who touched a lot of people's wives"

ugh, that's so sickening.

Um, my dad was a marine, and my brother is a cop. I've heard this thrown around as a bad joke more times than I can count........
so if I'm wrong then I'm sorry and will ask forgiveness BUT if I'm right and this is someones sick idea of a joke and looking for attention, then everyone here who has replied has just been played and someone is sitting there laughing at how gullible you are.......

Like seriously! WHO would celebrate during their mourning the fact that their deceased loved one was known for something like "touching a lot of peoples WIVES"????
that's just sick!!!

and this is coming from someone who admits to butting heads with people ,or from what I've seen, it's more like someone who tries to stir up trouble.......
sorry, but I seriously question this.

Lord. please forgive me if I'm wrong.

Mar 25, 2020
My heartfelt condolences brother. I know how it feels to lose someone suddenly. All I can say is remain strong with Jesus. Don't give in to anger, hatred or any negative emotions at this time but surrender all to God. He knows what he is doing in your life, trust him. My prayers are with you and your family. God bless you and may His Holy Spirit rest upon you and family to lead you forward in your lives. Amen.

Mar 25, 2020
God alone can heal a wounded soul in such a time. Rely on Him for healing and guidance for Jesus is always there if you call out to Him. He's the only one who will not turn His back on you when you call to Him. Call on Him, hold on to Him. Don't give up. Never give up.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Tragic seems insufficient to describe the loss. I hope he knew the Lord as his Savior. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Mar 23, 2016
Lord. please forgive me if I'm wrong.
fyi, suzzyQ ... I have gone in and edited a post when I noticed I had made (or the autocorrect on my computer/device) a typographical error.

The window for editing a post is small ... I believe it's 5 minutes. So the fact that Dude653, within minutes, made a correction to the typographical error in the post indicates that you are, in fact wrong in your assumption. Would to God you would have made the same correction to your post and actually deleted it within 5 minutes of submitting.

Dude653 ... ignore the post submitted by suzzyQ. Your son was a fine young man ... he was making great plans for his future ... he had plenty of friends in the Marines who thought well of him.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation ...

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
fyi, suzzyQ ... I have gone in and edited a post when I noticed I had made (or the autocorrect on my computer/device) a typographical error.

The window for editing a post is small ... I believe it's 5 minutes. So the fact that Dude653, within minutes, made a correction to the typographical error in the post indicates that you are, in fact wrong in your assumption. Would to God you would have made the same correction to your post and actually deleted it within 5 minutes of submitting.

Dude653 ... ignore the post submitted by suzzyQ. Your son was a fine young man ... he was making great plans for his future ... he had plenty of friends in the Marines who thought well of him.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation ...
Yes this via happened to me many times after i have submitted something.That auto spelling can be a nightmare sometimes..pr judt typo errors...My thoughts did think it would be more of likely be a grammatical error to begin with.

S

suzzyQ

.pr judt typo errors...
oh yes, convenient that you just happen to make typo errors ONLY on this part of your post :rolleyes:.......

Wow.....
you people are easily duped.........
with the end of ages drawing near you all would be wise to wake up and discern when something is done out of deception.......

like I said, that phrase is an old dirty joke, and consider who it is that it's being said by.......
HIGHLY unlikely to be a typo, grammatical error or auto correction.

Oh well, someone is enjoying a laugh at your expense.

Can't ever say you were never warned to be more discerning........

Bye.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
oh yes, convenient that you just happen to make typo errors ONLY on this part of your post :rolleyes:.......

Wow.....
you people are easily duped.........
with the end of ages drawing near you all would be wise to wake up and discern when something is done out of deception.......

like I said, that phrase is an old dirty joke, and consider who it is that it's being said by.......
HIGHLY unlikely to be a typo, grammatical error or auto correction.

Oh well, someone is enjoying a laugh at your expense.

Can't ever say you were never warned to be more discerning........

Bye.
Actually it was a legitimate error in spelling and yes it is most definatley ironic..and I ran outta 5 mins to change it.Plus on previous post on here its happened many times.
Ok let's say we are all deceived...so what?
Does it reflect our intelligence...no.
Does it mean we are easily duped..no
Who would be accountable before God him or us??.....him

So it's not exactly the end of the world is it and who you to tell us to wake up??So are you now trying to say that we are some how at risk of being deceived in these last days and that you have some how been ignored by us for "warning us"..
Laughable..😂😂😂😂
You have an arrogant tone to how you express yourself which isn't exactly appealing.
The most funniest thing is that my precious comments did have that genuine error which you are now publically saying on here as not being genuine..
If this a type of methapour of exactly whats happened with the thread posted here..?
God knows what has motivated you to express yourself in such a manner

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I REALLY want to give my consolement here....
Here I fixed it for ya.

You should have left right there. The rest of what you posted was totally uncalled for in this thread.

S

suzzyQ

Actually it was a legitimate error in spelling and yes it is most definatley ironic..and I ran outta 5 mins to change it.Plus on previous post on here its happened many times.
Ok let's say we are all deceived...so what?
Does it reflect our intelligence...no.
Does it mean we are easily duped..no
Who would be accountable before God him or us??.....him

So it's not exactly the end of the world is it and who you to tell us to wake up??So are you now trying to say that we are some how at risk of being deceived in these last days and that you have some how been ignored by us for "warning us"..
Laughable..😂😂😂😂
You have an arrogant tone to how you express yourself which isn't exactly appealing.
The most funniest thing is that my precious comments did have that genuine error which you are now publically saying on here as not being genuine..
If this a type of methapour of exactly whats happened with the thread posted here..?
God knows what has motivated you to express yourself in such a manner
Here I fixed it for ya.

You should have left right there. The rest of what you posted was totally uncalled for in this thread.
Gee, what part of "bye" don't you get?
I tried to leave this thread but you just keep pulling me back in here.........