Transformation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Romans 12:2

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I have preached mind renewal for years. Written about it on-line from the beginning of the internet. One of the things that I haven't mentioned alot is; transformation.
How do we conform to this world, by not having the soul-mind transformed.
The text, taken in context, has mind renewal transforming the believer not only to a knowing, but creating a new person in soul-mind. Always remember you are made complete in spirit the moment you believed by the cross, Col. 2:10

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

1Cor 6:17,

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

I like to use the terminology "the mind catching up with the facts," because it is true.

It has the same effect as the caterpillar to a butterfly. What is unique about this transformation in nature is; it looks, acts, and thinks nothing like the old form.
Metamorphosis is the word for this transformation.
A caterpillar weaves it's cocoon, and in time a butterfly emerges.
A period of transformation takes place. What is so very unique about this is in the transformation you get a completely different form of being.
If you look at a butterfly and you did not know where they came from caterpiller, you would have no idea what it once was.
We spend years looking for formulas on how to be good Christians, how to treat my spouse, and raise children right.
The formula per se is in the cross, you were exchanged at the cross in spirit, and being changed in soul-mind.
You must divide soul/spirit to understand soul transformation.
As I was looking on the net. for something the other day I came across this Christian website.
All the books they were selling were 24.99.
I was so grieved by this atrocity that has swept Christianity.
I'm not saying some book may bless you, but my thought was "who is buying all this stuff."
This how to fix anything, if they worked it would be one thing, but most are junk.
They turn them out like cooking
pancakes.
I know most don't have the time to write as much as they claim, sad that Christians have to endure this and get no help at the same time, these guys are charlatans, to say the least.

We have the book of all books, just because it gets mistrued and walked all over, it is up to you to get transformed by the renewing of your mind.
I often think about what Peter or Paul or any of the other Apostles would have to say about Christianity today.
I can tell you this if you read them you will know what they would have to say about Christianity today, it is written what they had to say. Allow your mind to be transformed by the understanding of God's word.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hmm sometimes I do wonder about christian publishers with some of the books they try to market.
But then most of these books are peoples testimonies about what Jesus has done and the world cannot contain all the books that will be written about Jesus. :)

See John 21:25

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I'd say scripture makes it plain that any transformation that takes place is BY the Holy Spirit.
Yet even Paul, at the end of his ministry, knew himself as the wretched man and asked why he did the things he should not and did not do the things that he should.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Wesley promoted a doctrine of perfectionism.......that if people just tried they could be perfect/transformed completely. Yet at the end of Wesley's life he was disappointed that he never found such a person.

The Christian walk to the narrow gate is a bumpy road. Some manage the journey easier than others. But who are we to judge the servant of another? Our judgment is not by the flesh but by our spirit. For by the flesh no man can be justified.

Walk your own walk. It's not your job to map the journey of anyone else.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I have preached mind renewal for years. Written about it on-line from the beginning of the internet. One of the things that I haven't mentioned alot is; transformation.
The text, taken in context, has mind renewal transforming the believer not only to a knowing, but creating a new person in soul-mind. Always remember you are made complete in spirit the moment you believed by the cross, Col. 2:10

I like to use the terminology "the mind catching up with the facts," because it is true.

It has the same effect as the caterpillar to a butterfly. What is unique about this transformation in nature is; it looks, acts, and thinks nothing like the old form.
A period of transformation takes place. What is so very unique about this is in the transformation you get a completely different form of being.
If you look at a butterfly and you did not know where they came from caterpiller, you would have no idea what it once was.
We spend years looking for formulas on how to be good Christians, how to treat my spouse, and raise children right.
The formula per se is in the cross, you were exchanged at the cross in spirit, and being changed in soul-mind.
As I was looking on the net. for something the other day I came across this Christian website.
I'm not saying some book may bless you, but my thought was "who is buying all this stuff."
This how to fix anything, if they worked it would be one thing, but most are junk.
pancakes.
I know most don't have the time to write as much as they claim, sad that Christians have to endure this and get no help at the same time, these guys are charlatans, to say the least.

We have the book of all books, just because it gets mistrued and walked all over, it is up to you to get transformed by the renewing of your mind.
I often think about what Peter or Paul or any of the other Apostles would have to say about Christianity today.
I can tell you this if you read them you will know what they would have to say about Christianity today, it is written what they had to say. Allow your mind to be transformed by the understanding of God's word.
All of this transformation in a person comes after he has been quickened, as stated in Col 2: 13. Believing and faith does not come before the quickening. You have to have Christ in you before you can be renewed in your mind. The metamorphosis takes place in regeneration (Eph 2:5).

S

selfdissolving

pancakes.

this sounds like a bunch of baloney if you ask me

Sep 3, 2016
I'd say scripture makes it plain that any transformation that takes place is BY the Holy Spirit.
Yet even Paul, at the end of his ministry, knew himself as the wretched man and asked why he did the things he should not and did not do the things that he should.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Wesley promoted a doctrine of perfectionism.......that if people just tried they could be perfect/transformed completely. Yet at the end of Wesley's life he was disappointed that he never found such a person.

The Christian walk to the narrow gate is a bumpy road. Some manage the journey easier than others. But who are we to judge the servant of another? Our judgment is not by the flesh but by our spirit. For by the flesh no man can be justified.

Walk your own walk. It's not your job to map the journey of anyone else.
If you walk your own walk, you are not led of the Spirit. Sin will have dominion over you.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Gal. 5:19-21

1 John 3:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Sep 3, 2016
If you walk your own walk, you are not led of the Spirit. Sin will have dominion over you.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Gal. 5:19-21

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

“7 Little children, let no man deceive you (the entirety of this Epistle is a warning against antinomianism, which teaches that sin doesn’t matter because Grace covers it): he who does Righteousness is Righteous (truly being Righteous will truly do Righteousness, i.e., “live Righteously”), even as He is Righteous. (We have been granted the Righteousness of Christ, so we should live Righteous, which we can if our Faith Eternally abides in the Cross [Rom. 6:1-14].)

8 He who commits sin (practices sin) is of the Devil (whoever is truly born of God does not live a life of habitual sinning); for the Devil sinneth from the beginning (from the beginning of his rebellion against God). For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the Devil. (This proclaims what was done at the Cross [Col. 2:14-15].)”

“9 Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin (does not practice sin); for his seed remains in him (refers to the Word of God): and he cannot sin (cannot continue to practice sin), because he is born of God. (This refers to the repugnancy of sin in the heart of the true Christian.)

10 In this the Children of God are manifest, and the children of the Devil (there is no comparison between the two): whosoever does not Righteousness is not of God, neither he who loves not his Brother. (“Righteousness” and “Love” are the two manifestations of the Child of God.)

JSM

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
this sounds like a bunch of baloney if you ask me
Hey wait a minute now I spent 2 days working on that :) most of it was trying to figure out that darn punctuation stuff, thanks for playing along

S

selfdissolving

Hey wait a minute now I spent 2 days working on that :) most of it was trying to figure out that darn punctuation stuff, thanks for playing along
It's unbiblical

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
“7 Little children, let no man deceive you (the entirety of this Epistle is a warning against antinomianism, which teaches that sin doesn’t matter because Grace covers it): he who does Righteousness is Righteous (truly being Righteous will truly do Righteousness, i.e., “live Righteously”), even as He is Righteous. (We have been granted the Righteousness of Christ, so we should live Righteous, which we can if our Faith Eternally abides in the Cross [Rom. 6:1-14].)

8 He who commits sin (practices sin) is of the Devil (whoever is truly born of God does not live a life of habitual sinning); for the Devil sinneth from the beginning (from the beginning of his rebellion against God). For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the Devil. (This proclaims what was done at the Cross [Col. 2:14-15].)”

“9 Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin (does not practice sin); for his seed remains in him (refers to the Word of God): and he cannot sin (cannot continue to practice sin), because he is born of God. (This refers to the repugnancy of sin in the heart of the true Christian.)

10 In this the Children of God are manifest, and the children of the Devil (there is no comparison between the two): whosoever does not Righteousness is not of God, neither he who loves not his Brother. (“Righteousness” and “Love” are the two manifestations of the Child of God.)

JSM
Everyone sins every moment of everyday. It is impossible not to sin. Not sinning is not the goal. loving is the goal!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Below is a post from Charlirenee. It has the key to living without sin within the text. Perhaps you can find it. I know if I see it, anyone should be able to. All blessings in Jesus, Yeshua.

How blessed are those whose way is blameless, Who walk in the law of the Lord . How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, Who seek Him with all their heart. I shall give thanks to You with uprightness of heart, When I learn Your righteous judgments. Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You. I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, As much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts And regard Your ways. I shall delight in Your statutes; I shall not forget Your word. Make me understand the way of Your precepts, So I will meditate on Your wonders. Remove the false way from me, And graciously grant me Your law. I have chosen the faithful way; I have placed Your ordinances before me. I shall run the way of Your commandments, For You will enlarge my heart. Give me understanding, that I may observe Your law And keep it with all my heart. Incline my heart to Your testimonies And not to dishonest gain. Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity, And revive me in Your ways. May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O Lord , Your salvation according to Your word; And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments, Which I love; And I will meditate on Your statutes. The Lord is my portion; I have promised to keep Your words. I sought Your favor with all my heart; Be gracious to me according to Your word. I considered my ways And turned my feet to Your testimonies. The earth is full of Your lovingkindness, O Lord ; Teach me Your statutes. O may Your lovingkindness comfort me, According to Your word to Your servant. May Your compassion come to me that I may live, For Your law is my delight. May the arrogant be ashamed, for they subvert me with a lie; But I shall meditate on Your precepts. May my heart be blameless in Your statutes, So that I will not be ashamed. Forever, O Lord , Your word is settled in heaven. Your faithfulness continues throughout all generations; You established the earth, and it stands. They stand this day according to Your ordinances, For all things are Your servants. O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! From Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes Forever, even to the end. Deal with Your servant according to Your lovingkindness And teach me Your statutes. I am Your servant; give me understanding, That I may know Your testimonies. Therefore I esteem right all Your precepts concerning everything, I hate every false way. Your testimonies are wonderful; Therefore my soul observes them. The unfolding of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple. Establish my footsteps in Your word, And do not let any iniquity have dominion over me. Make Your face shine upon Your servant, And teach me Your statutes. I am small and despised, Yet I do not forget Your precepts. Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And Your law is truth. Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; Revive me, O Lord , according to Your ordinances. Great are Your mercies, O Lord ; Revive me according to Your ordinances. The sum of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting. Those who love Your law have great peace, And nothing causes them to stumble. My soul keeps Your testimonies, And I love them exceedingly. I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies, For all my ways are before You. Let Your hand be ready to help me, For I have chosen Your precepts.
Psalms 119:1‭-‬2‭, ‬7‭, ‬11‭-‬11‭, ‬14‭-‬16‭, ‬27‭, ‬29‭-‬30‭, ‬32‭, ‬34‭-‬34‭, ‬36‭-‬37‭, ‬41‭, ‬48‭-‬48‭, ‬57‭-‬59‭, ‬64‭, ‬76‭-‬78‭, ‬80‭, ‬89‭-‬91‭, ‬97‭, ‬103‭-‬105‭, ‬112‭, ‬124‭-‬125‭, ‬128‭-‬130‭, ‬133‭, ‬135‭-‬135‭, ‬141‭-‬142‭, ‬149‭, ‬156‭-‬156‭, ‬160‭, ‬165‭-‬165‭, ‬167‭-‬168‭, ‬173 NASB

Sep 3, 2016
Everyone sins every moment of everyday. It is impossible not to sin. Not sinning is not the goal. loving is the goal!
Which can only be done by the Holy Spirit who produces the fruits of the Spirit for us by placing and maintaining our Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won (Romans 8:2).

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Jesus said if you even THINK it you are guilty of sinning.

.........I guess it could be said that some folks are brain dead and so never sin.

Sep 3, 2016
The Apostle Paul makes it very clear in Romans 8:10 that the physical body, mind / intellect, and the heart (which is evil - Jeremiah 17:9) has been rendered helpless because of the original sin; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task. Only the Holy Spirit can mortify the deeds of the flesh and make us what we ought to be (Romans 8:13). This means we cannot do it ourselves. Once again, He performs all that He does within the confines of the Finished Work of Christ (Romans 8:2).

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23).

Remember our bodies are dead and useless to God. The heart is prone to wander away from God's love and eat from "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." The reason why the body is dead is because of the effects of the fall has made us totally incapable of yielding spiritual obedience on a regular basis (Jeremiah 13:23). So there must be a source outside of myself that helps me to enter into sanctification which is the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:13).

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The Apostle Paul makes it very clear in Romans 8:10 that the physical body, mind / intellect, and the heart (which is evil - Jeremiah 17:9) has been rendered helpless because of the original sin; .
Hmmm... the Bible makes no reference to "original sin" in this verse. Perhaps you inserted that idea?

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! Embankment... PTL!
Gal 5:25 "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."
Gal 5:18 "But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."
Gal 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."

Heb 5:12-6:1 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principals of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For everyone that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Therefore leaving the principals of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith towards God,"
1 Jn 3:21,22 "Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then we have confidence toward God, and whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight."

I will agree that it is impossible for babes in Christ not to sin... or to walk in the Spirit... Just as the Spirit doesn't feed babes in Christ upon the strong meat of God's word; because a babe in Christ is one who is in need of repentance from dead works. Who could have been mature but has need to be taught again Who needs the conscience to be purged from dead works also to serve the living God. Who will by reason of use of the milk of the word of righteousness have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil, until a foundation of repentance from dead works is obtained and the strong meat of the word; meant for the spiritually mature, who are able to walk in the Spirit without fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, at least until one stumbles which we all do inn many ways; and is now ministered by the Spirit.

Love is good, and it is by walking in the Spirit that we are led by the Spirit to love those whom the Lord will. When we draw near to the Lord, he shares his heart with us; so that we are able to share the Lord's own love.

To sum up:
A babe in Christ is one who needs repentance, and is therefore fed upon the milk of the word until mature: able to walk in the Spirit without sin, and fed upon the strong meat of the word.
PTL! : )

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
Hey! Embankment... PTL!
Gal 5:25 "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."
Gal 5:18 "But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."
Gal 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."

Heb 5:12-6:1 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principals of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For everyone that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Therefore leaving the principals of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith towards God,"
1 Jn 3:21,22 "Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then we have confidence toward God, and whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight."

I will agree that it is impossible for babes in Christ not to sin... or to walk in the Spirit... Just as the Spirit doesn't feed babes in Christ upon the strong meat of God's word; because a babe in Christ is one who is in need of repentance from dead works. Who could have been mature but has need to be taught again Who needs the conscience to be purged from dead works also to serve the living God. Who will by reason of use of the milk of the word of righteousness have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil, until a foundation of repentance from dead works is obtained and the strong meat of the word; meant for the spiritually mature, who are able to walk in the Spirit without fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, at least until one stumbles which we all do inn many ways; and is now ministered by the Spirit.

Love is good, and it is by walking in the Spirit that we are led by the Spirit to love those whom the Lord will. When we draw near to the Lord, he shares his heart with us; so that we are able to share the Lord's own love.

To sum up:
A babe in Christ is one who needs repentance, and is therefore fed upon the milk of the word until mature: able to walk in the Spirit without sin, and fed upon the strong meat of the word.
PTL! : )
Jesus said if you even THINK it you are guilty of sinning.

.........I guess it could be said that some folks are brain dead and so never sin.
So I take it there are now two people who have lived in the flesh that are sinless, Jesus the lamb of God and your self?

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
So I take it there are now two people who have lived in the flesh that are sinless, Jesus the lamb of God and your self?
GraceandTruth this was not intended for you. For some reason you are attached. Sorry!!!!!

Sep 3, 2016
The Apostle Paul makes it very clear in Romans 8:10 that the physical body, mind / intellect, and the heart (which is evil - Jeremiah 17:9) has been rendered helpless because of the original sin; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task. Only the Holy Spirit can mortify the deeds of the flesh and make us what we ought to be (Romans 8:13). This means we cannot do it ourselves. Once again, He performs all that He does within the confines of the Finished Work of Christ (Romans 8:2).

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23).

Remember our bodies are dead and useless to God. The heart is prone to wander away from God's love and eat from "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." The reason why the body is dead is because of the effects of the fall has made us totally incapable of yielding spiritual obedience on a regular basis (Jeremiah 13:23). So there must be a source outside of myself that helps me to enter into sanctification which is the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:13).
The Christian is doomed to failure if he thinks he can face the sin business and simply say yes or no. That's not the way it works. Those who try that (and almost all have) will conclude by failing every time. You may win for awhile, but after awhile, you're going to fail.

Now, stop and think about this for a moment: If it were possible for us to defeat sin and the attacks of Satan by willpower, then Jesus would not have had to come down here and die on a Cross. He could have merely taught us how to function within our willpower, and that would have solved the problem.

However, He didn't do that, did He? The truth is, the problem of sin is so deadly that it took the Cross to defeat this monster, and even then, we have to have the help of the Holy Spirit to get this thing done. That's why Paul said, "But if the Spirit (Holy Spirit) of Him (God the Father) who raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He who raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit who dwells in you" (Rom. 8:11).

This tells us that sin is so powerful that it takes the same power to overcome this thing as it did to raise Jesus from the dead, which, of course, is the power of the Holy Spirit. Understanding that, we should come to the conclusion that our personal willpower is totally inadequate.

However, most Christians little understand the victory of the Cross and try to do this thing on their own, which always results in failure.

The majority of Christians know nothing about the Cross of Christ for sanctification. Justification delivers us from the penalty of sin, while sanctification delivers us from the power of sin. The Cross of Christ is as necessary for sanctification as it is for salvation (1 Cor. 1:18).

If you get Jesus wrong, it does not matter what you get right!

JSM