Trinity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

walter549

Feb 10, 2024
Worship is religious only. Bowing is not.
1 Chronicles 29:20

https://biblehub.com/1_chronicles/29-20.htm

Besides check out all the Catholic Bibles, for around 2,000 years they do not use the word [ worship ] to Jesus, The Catholic Bibles say
[ adore ] but they use the word worship in other places in their Bibles.

Check out the Septuagint LXX, the Bible that Greek Christians used in the first three centuries.

You can know with 100% certainty, how?
Jesus gave us specific instructions to worship only the father.
Did Jesus ever give instructions for us to worship him also? No!

Most every Bible is translated by a person that believes in the Trinity, so that translator is reflecting in his translation, what he believes to be true, the best choice of words. Would you not do the same? The problem is there are not very many Bibles that are written by Unitarian translators.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
And our spirit is the seat of our emotions.
Not Quite ---------just to clarify

Your soul is your-------- Mind --Will and Emotions -----

Strong's concordance
the soul , the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/salvation/difference-between-a-soul-and-a-spirit.html

Role and Functions of the Soul
The soul is basically our mind, our emotions, and our will.

The function of the spirit is spiritual.

The spirit is the only way to connect with God, and we can only use the spirit if we believe in God and receive Him through our Lord Jesus Christ’s salvation.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The central basis for men to love one another is rooted in the character and nature of God Himself: "God
is love." No such statement exists in the Koran. In 1 John 4:7-21 alone, the word "love" is used 27 times.
Compare to the Koran: various grammatical forms of the word love is used only 69 times.

1 John 4:8b~ God is Love
:)

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
All I know is man became a living soul in Genesis 2:7.
You are so right man became a living Soul -------so what makes you move around ----brain dead people do not move around -----they have a spirit but a dead mind ----

John 12:27--Jesus is speaking here --

Amplified Bible
“Now My soul is troubled and deeply distressed; what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour [of trial and agony]’? But it is for this [very] purpose that I have come to this hour [this time and place].

Greek word for soul used in this scripture above

Strong's Concordance
psuché: breath, the soul
Definition: breath, the soul
Usage: (a) the vital breath, breath of life, (b) the human soul, (c) the soul as the seat of affections and will, (d) the self, (e) a human person, an individual.

soul (psyche); a person's distinct identity (unique personhood), i.e. individual personality

the soul (Latinanimus), a. the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions (our soul, heart,
John 12:27; (fainting in your soul

Now you have a choice you can believe it or not ----up to you ---but that won't change what Soul is in scripture ---your mind ---your will and your emotions -----