Trinity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Well John 20:17 clearly reads Jesus saying he has a God. If Jesus is God how can he have a God?
That's the beauty of the triune Godhead. Jesus can be both FULLY GOD and yet have God the Father as His God, since the Bible says that God the Father is "the Head" (or authority over) Christ. But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. [the Father] (1 Cor 11:3).

But then the Father says this to the Son (Heb 1:8-10): But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

But then the Father does not stop there. He also does this -- He gives all power and authority to the resurrected Christ: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (Mt 28:18)

But then the Son does not hold onto that, but eventually hands it all back to the Father: And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. (1 Cor 15:28)

As you can see, ordinary mortals cannot "figure out" the triune Godhead. But we can fully believe everything that is revealed in the Bible. Therefore those who reject the Holy Trinity are essentially unbelievers. Just like the Muslims and the unbelieving Jews.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Thus we are soul, that lives in a body, and we have a spirit.
I think you have this a bit off the rail -----

First your a Spirit being -----you possess a Soul --which is your Mind Will and Emotions ---and theses 2 are housed in a physical body -------we are a tribune identity------

From Google

Our soul is made up of the mind, will and emotions according to biblical scriptures. This can best represent the human psyche through our mind (a man thinks), our will (a man does/wants) and our emotions (a man feels). Our psyche and our soul are interconnected, but God is the driving force.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.' " - Exodus 3:13-14

”I AM” is the sacred name of Almighty God. Now notice in the verses below that Jesus used God’s name for Himself:

John 6:35,41,48,51: And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. The Jews then complained about Him, because He said, "I am the bread which came down from heaven." "I am the bread of life. "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 15:1: “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

John 13:19: "Now I tell you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe that I am He.

John 8:28: Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.

John 18:5-6: They answered Him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am He." And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them. Now when He said to them, "I am He," they drew back and fell to the ground.

John 8:58: Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

Revelation 1:8: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

—selah

Jun 10, 2023
No. It is not very confusing. And the fact that you disagreed with the Bible in my post shows that you do not believe the Word of God.
No. It is not very confusing. And the fact that you disagreed with the Bible in my post shows that you do not believe the Word of God.
Where did I “disagree with the Bible in [your] post? I simply stated that the concept of the Trinity is confusing. Doesn’t mean I don’t believe that the Bible is the unerring Word of God & that the Triune God is real. You keep insisting that it’s not confusing. Just because it’s not confusing for you personally doesn’t mean it’s not confusing for any one else (as evidenced by two other replies that are not mine). Why not welcome this opportunity to help explain the Trinity to those who seek understanding of it—with a spirit of love instead of condemnation??

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Where did I “disagree with the Bible in [your] post?
Putting a red X to disagree means that you disagreed with the Bible. There were Bible quotations throughout.

Jun 10, 2023
Putting a red X to disagree means that you disagreed with the Bible. There were Bible quotations throughout.
I see the red X but just deleted it. I did not intentionally select a red X, nor have I ever “red X’d” anyone, I don’t even know what doing so indicates. I’m sorry for the confusion 😬.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
John 2:19-Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Only God can raise Himself up from the dead. Jesus said He could raise Himself up from the dead. That makes Him God.
Hey brother, how long have you been a pastor and what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking?
Also, were you born in USA or Israel?

Thanks.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Hey brother, how long have you been a pastor and what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking?
Also, were you born in USA or Israel?

Thanks.
My Dad passed away in 2017 and was Pastor until he died. We actually have 8 Preachers on staff and we rotate because I evangelize more than anything else, even though I am "labelled Lead Pastor." We are in Arizona. I was born in Monsey, New York.

May 1, 2022
In another place Jesus said, “I and my Father are one” (John 10:30). Some try to say that He was one with the Father much as a husband and wife are one or as two people can be one in agreement. This interpretation attempts to weaken the force of the assertion Jesus made. However, other verses fully support that Jesus was not only the Son in His humanity but also the Father in His deity.

We can resolve most questions about the Godhead if we properly understand the dual nature of Jesus. When we read a statement in Scripture about Jesus we should determine whether it describes His deity, His humanity, or both. Moreover, whenever Jesus speaks in Scripture we must determine whether He is speaking from His position as a human, as God, or both.
We should not think of two persons in the Godhead or of two Gods, but we should think of the divine Spirit and authentic human flesh. In every way that we humans can speak of our humanity and our relationship to God, so could Jesus, except for sin. Yet He could also speak and act as God. For example, He could sleep one minute and calm the storm the next minute. He could speak as a human and then as God, while being both simultaneously.

We must always remember that Jesus is fully God and not merely an anointed man. At the same time, He was fully human, not having just an appearance of humanity. He had a dual nature unlike anything we have, and we cannot adequately compare our existence or experience to His. What would seem strange or impossible if applied to a mere human becomes understandable when viewed in the context of One who is both fully God and fully human at the same time.

walter549

Feb 10, 2024
Honestly, are we supposed to be spending our time figuring out what the Trinity means or should we be Believing exactly how Jesus instructs us?

Jesus gives us specific instructions to put faith in:

If Jesus words are not trustworthy, whose words are trustworthy? --John 17:3, John 20:17, John 3:16, Matthew 16:13-17
Jesus words are what is Essential to a Christian! Not the words he never spoke! Or something we have to figure out.

Apr 27, 2023
Well think about it. If in deed Jesus is just the son of God, like some say. In this case, if we worship only the son would we not be disrespecting the Father?
Homage is not actually religious worship, but actually bending one's back at a person. The Greek word προσκυνέω proskunew which means homage is wrongfully translated as worship.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Homage is not actually religious worship, but actually bending one's back at a person. The Greek word προσκυνέω proskunew which means homage is wrongfully translated as worship.
4352. proskuneó
Strong's Concordance
proskuneó: to do reverence to
Original Word: προσκυνέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: proskuneó
Phonetic Spelling: (pros-koo-neh'-o)
Definition: to do reverence to
Usage: I go down on my knees to, do obeisance to, worship.

Apr 27, 2023
4352. proskuneó
Strong's Concordance
proskuneó: to do reverence to
Original Word: προσκυνέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: proskuneó
Phonetic Spelling: (pros-koo-neh'-o)
Definition: to do reverence to
Usage: I go down on my knees to, do obeisance to, worship.
It is a physical activity. Calling it worship gives it a false religiousness the which the verb doesn't have.