TROLLS ARE SICK PEOPLE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
Those that troll get pleasure from upsetting and hurting others. This is what evil does.
They are not practicing Christians, though many falsely claim to be.

Trolls are sick, and they exploit others for their remedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9INTt_3yNo

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think that trolls are basically insecure about themselves and have low self-esteem.

K

Karraster

Hi, yes unfortunately there are many such people. I don't doubt that the invention of internet has exacerbated evil. The anonymity factor has allowed otherwise cowardly and insecure people to live out their fantasies I suppose. Maybe they were bullied as a youngster, perhaps they were the bully. Either way, I pity them.

By the same token, internet has allowed many positive exchanges, many helpful and encouraging opportunities, to give and receive. Scripture says at some point the wicked will remain wicked, the righteous remain righteous...and then our King will return. Welcome to CC BTW.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Some people are called trolls, just because they disagree with their position in an argument.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
Some people are called trolls, just because they disagree with their position in an argument.
Maybe so. But trolls have a habit of shaming others. There is no need for that in any argument.

D

Depleted

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I have never reported posts until tonight. For me its a last resort. The person I reported has now been banned. And quite rightly.

To me there is a difference between a troll and someone we feel is in error in both sides of the equation.

A troll has no interest to talk, listen, input and learn.

Their purpose is to seek and destroy and tear down.

There is one thing we all need to bear in mind.

If we post what is the purpose?
If it's to build up, encourage and learn then post.
If not then do not post.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I don't get upset about this stuff. Trolls= 0 craps given.

Feb 5, 2017
I went to the thread to find out whether you meant he was shaming people in general, or whether it was something you took personally.

a) Don't hold a grudge
b) Don't slander people
c) Yes it is slander

Hard to believe you're the same guy who started this thread in Family Forum. http://christianchat.com/christian-family-forum/161750-unconditional-love.html#post3398820

All you did was shame people who disagreed with you. You even shamed people who agreed with you.

Feb 5, 2017
Yes their purpose is somewhat to seek and destroy on the outside. But have you ever tried befriending one to change their heart? What power do we have under God, if we cannot even change the heart of a troll, and must resort to pressing nuclear buttons.

Just a thought anyway

I have never reported posts until tonight. For me its a last resort. The person I reported has now been banned. And quite rightly.

To me there is a difference between a troll and someone we feel is in error in both sides of the equation.

A troll has no interest to talk, listen, input and learn.

Their purpose is to seek and destroy and tear down.

There is one thing we all need to bear in mind.

If we post what is the purpose?
If it's to build up, encourage and learn then post.
If not then do not post.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I went to the thread to find out whether you meant he was shaming people in general, or whether it was something you took personally.

a) Don't hold a grudge
b) Don't slander people
c) Yes it is slander
Everything in these forums are written, so it would be libel. Slander is spoken.

Feb 5, 2017
The thing is with trolls, having tried to have a different perspective on them;

Here is a person. Obviously troubled in some way, wants to shock people, because they feel numb.

Now you can condemn that person. You can push them away. And they will go try to harm someone else.

But you also have the power, as a child of God, to change a persons heart, to try and understand them, to make them see themselves.

I only say this because I tried this different perspective. And in empathy, it was sad to see just how troubled, and how much abuse and terror, this person had been through. And in not being able to deal with it, they became a little terror themselves, because they wanted to be judged. So the seeking out and by appearance, destructive nature, was more engaging with trying to be judged as brutally as possible, and feeling nothing from it, feeling powerful, yet deeply inside, powerless.

So yes, you can protect yourself, or a site, or a place from them - but at the same time, maybe you can help someone be a better person too, who is greatly in need of love rather than the appearance of judgement or hate. And out of that, maybe someone else won't become a victim of them.

S

Susanna

Everything in these forums are written, so it would be libel. Slander is spoken.
Sure wonder why libel rhymes with a word that starts with a capital "B".

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Yes their purpose is somewhat to seek and destroy on the outside. But have you ever tried befriending one to change their heart? What power do we have under God, if we cannot even change the heart of a troll, and must resort to pressing nuclear buttons.

Just a thought anyway
I have tried to befriend them on the whole.
When I have done this on threads at times I have been torn apart.

A

AuntieAnt

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. [Hebrews 12:2]

Jesus thought nothing of the shame, gave no credence to the humiliation because those shaming Him didn’t know what they were doing. They were spiritually blind. Jesus knew they were not coming from a place of Authority in God.

As brothers & sisters in Christ, we shouldn’t be shaming each other either. We’re not spiritually blind, though our flesh often acts like it. We are learning (hopefully) to treat one another the way we want to be treated.

I feel like a fool sometimes when I read back on some of my previous posts where I was sarcastic or lacking patience with someone for shaming another member. It doesn’t matter if they meant it or not, I should be like Jesus when a person shames others because what they’re doing is out of spiritual immaturity. They don’t know what they’re doing. Jesus said so. When we choose to walk in our own understanding, we are blind!

Nevertheless, we’re instructed to help one another grow in His grace and to correct in love and patience, the same way we ourselves would like to be corrected. If someone believes they're above correction, makes excuses for their *self-will-gone-wild” attitude, and continues to attack and humiliate others, turn them over to the admins.

As for bonafide trolls, they usually get weeded out fairly quickly around here. Praise God for that!

Self-will-gone-wild” was a term a dear brother in Christ related to me and I wanted to use it in a sentence.:rolleyes: