Trump Responds To Pope Saying He's 'Not Christian'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Regulator

Aug 14, 2018
This judgmental claim is like the pot calling the kettle black, especially considering the current Pope is about as much a heretic as any pope in history. Many American Catholics would like to see him removed from his position. Personally, I would like American Catholics to remove themselves from the blasphemous Roman Catholic Church forever, especially if the really want to get into Heaven in the afterlife.

The Roman Catholic Church is a cult
http://www.eaec.org/cults/romancatholic.htm

The Cult of Catholicism by Carey Hardy
https://www.gracechurch.org/sermons/2851?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

15 Important Bible Verses About Praying To Saints - Bible Reasons
https://biblereasons.com/praying-to-saints/

U

Ugly

You do realize the irony in calling Trump judgmental for his statement then making an even bigger claim immediately after. Why is it judgmental when Trump says it but not judgmental when you say worse. Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Judgemental: of or concerning the use of judgment. characterized by a tendency to judge harshly

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
This judgmental claim is like the pot calling the kettle black, especially considering the current Pope is about as much a heretic as any pope in history. Many American Catholics would like to see him removed from his position. Personally, I would like American Catholics to remove themselves from the blasphemous Roman Catholic Church forever, especially if the really want to get into Heaven in the afterlife.

If trump said the pope was not Christian then he was spot on but you know there is a difference between stating the truth and being judgemental

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
If trump said the pope was not Christian then he was spot on but you know there is a difference between stating the truth and being judgemental
Hi Blain - just jumping in here but i think it's the other way around with the Pope stating Trump is not a Christian...

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
IMHO it's just easier to assume that every public figure is not Christian. That way I'm not surprised when they don't act like it.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015

If you spent as much time acting like a Christian and not wasting it on slandering the Pope with lies, I might take you seriously. THE POPE SAID NO SUCH THING. It's a big fat LIE.
Maybe you think it's "Christian" for the government to build a wall separating babies and children from their parents. I don't, and neither does the Pope. This is what the Pope actually said:

When the Pope was questioned about immigration and about Donald Trump’s threat to build walls along the nation’s southern border and his having called Francis ‘political,’ the Pope wouldn’t comment specifically on the candidate or the election.

However, the Pope did say, “a person who thinks only of building walls anywhere – rather than building bridges – is not a Christian. This is not the Gospel.”
Pope Discusses Much More Than Trump on Return Flight From Mexico
FEBRUARY 19, 2016 05:43
Walls and bridges are metaphors...anywhere.

Is bashing the Pope, and ridiculing a church, any church, with lies - building walls or bridges?
Think hard.
BTW, your misquote is 2 1/2 years old.

pope thats not what i said.jpg

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
There have been a number of stories in the news lately of small Satanic groups publicly performing so-called “Black Masses.”

These rituals are based on the Catholic mass but are inverted toward Satan and often involve the desecration of a Eucharistic host.

This sort of thing is evil and should not be taken lightly. It’s also occurred to me, though, how these Black Masses offer a powerful argument for the truth of Catholicism.

The Eucharist is either Jesus or mere bread and wine.

If the Eucharist is Jesus, everyone should be at Mass, worshipping Our Lord. If the Eucharist is Jesus, there should be no such thing as Protestantism, Mormonism, Islam, atheism, etc. But if the Eucharist isn’t Jesus, then for two thousand years, the would-be followers of Jesus Christ were actually idolaters. If that’s the case, nobody should be Catholic.

So those are the stakes. Everyone who encountered Jesus of Nazareth was faced with a crucial question: is this God, in some mysterious guise, or not? The early Christians called this the “aut Deus aut malus homo” (“either God or a bad man”). Everyone encountering the Eucharist is faced with the same question: either God or idolatry.

And of course, if the Eucharist is pagan idolatry, it’s demonic. As 1 Corinthians 10:20 says, “what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God.”

The whole world hangs on this point: is the Eucharist Jesus or an idol? Is the Sacrifice of the Mass being offered to God, or to demons?

Satan Hates the Eucharist
The satanic Black Mass is a ritual inversion (and mockery) of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass performed by Satanists. Now, there are two types of Satanists: “LaVey Satanists,” and “theological Satanists.” LaVey Satanists atheists who don’t believe in Satan, and use “Satanism” as a tool to harass and provoke Christians (unlike“theological Satanists,” who believe in Satan and worship him). But whether the practitioners are playing at the occult, or serious, there’s no question that they’re tapping into some seriously dark spiritual forces. Satan is at work here.

And it worth pointing out that when Satanists (of both kind) want to mock a religious ritual, you can bet that it’s going to be the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass that they target. How often do you hear about Muslim or Hindu or Jewish (or even Protestant) services being subjected to such intense Satanic mockery?

Nor is this Satanic targeting of the Mass anything new. As far back as the fourth century, St. Epiphanius of Salamis described a sect of Gnosticism performing a perverted mockery of Mass. I won’t go into the details, but it was graphic enough that the members of this sect became known as “Borborians” (“filthy ones”).

Satan Doesn’t Drive Out Satan
So the Eucharist is either Jesus or evil (since if it’s not Jesus, it’s idolatry) and since the devil hates the Eucharist, we can cross “evil” off the list.

For some additional Biblical support, consider Matthew 12.22-28:

“Then a blind and dumb demoniac was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard it they said, “It is only by Be-el′zebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”

“Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand; and if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Be-el′zebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”

This passage is important: it shows, for example, that Catholic exorcists are operating by the Spirit of God when they drive out demons. But it also means that if Satan hates the Mass, we can be sure that the Mass isn’t evil.

Of course, if the Mass isn’t demonic, if it isn’t idolatry, that really only leaves one option: that the Eucharist is Jesus Christ, and that the Sacrifice of the Mass is presenting Jesus to the Father. This (and as far as I can tell, this alone), accounts for the Satanic mockery.

The Target of Satan
Even if the only thing you knew about Catholicism was that its central form of worship, the Mass, was the target of Satanic ire, you would already have good reason to believe that Catholicism was the true religion.

But taken with all of the other evidence for the truth that the Eucharist is Jesus, that the Mass is a Sacrifice instituted by God, and that the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ, Satan is just one more (unwitting) witness for the truth of Jesus Christ and His Church.

Joseph Heschmeyer is a seminarian in the Catholic Archdiocese of Kansas City. A former lawyer, he blogs at Shameless Popery.

this is my body.jpg

P

pjharrison

He's not a good Christian. He has produce really bad fruit.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015

First, I'll explain why the first link is a pack of lies.
Then, I will show why the Pope NEVER said what the media claims he said.

John MacArthur is the pope of "gracechurch", sourced at the top link.. It would make a good profile study: Anatomy of Bible Christian Hate Cults.

When MacArthur quotes the Catechism, the Council of Trent, or Vatican II documents, he is not misrepresenting the Catholic Church. When he goes on to say, "therefore the Catholic Church teaches X...." The X is where the misrepresentation comes in, whether we're talking Mary, the Pope, the priesthood, Justification and Salvation, or sacraments and grace, etc.

"If he believes his salvation is provided only through grace by faith in Jesus Christ, he could be saved. But, if he accepts the full sweep of Catholic dogma, there's no way. He has cluttered up the simplicity of salvation with a works/righteousness system."​
"Works/righteousness" means salvation is earned. You won't find that in Trent or the Catechism which specifically rejects the idea salvation is earned. ("works righteousness" is called Pelagianism, a heresy condemned by the Church 1000 years before the first Protestant was born) He also thinks no Catholic can be saved.

"We could talk about the idea that God is a tough guy, and if anybody wants grace out of God, it's only Jesus who could get it from Him; but you can't expect to go to Jesus because He's pretty tough himself, so you need to go to Mary, because nobody can resist his mother.... "​
That's baloney too, you won't find that in the official sources of doctrine. If he would just stick with the official sources (Catechism, etc) but he does not. The above is a misrepresentation, a material misrepresentation of official Catholic teaching.

"We could talk a lot about those things; concepts of purgatory, concepts of the sinlessness of Mary, the virgin birth of Mary, a lot of things about Catholic theology..."​
The virgin birth of Mary? Please give me the Catholic document that speaks of the "virgin birth of Mary." If he means the Immaculate Conception, fine, that is Catholic doctrine. If he means the Virgin Birth of Christ, fine, that is Catholic doctrine. But he doesn't say that. He says the "virgin birth of Mary." That is not Catholic doctrine, that is just ignorance.

MORE LIES OF JOHN MACARTHUR

MEDIA CIRCUS
"Pope said Trump is not a Christian" is a lie.
Here is what the Pope actually said:

This morning the Holy Father responded to a question about Donald Trump during a press conference on board his flight home from Mexico. The Pope reportedly said: A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not in the Gospel.”

"wherever they may be" is not pointing his finger at
Trump, but any person. As reportedly said.

I don't think it's Christian to have babies and children ripped from their parents arms because of an immigration scruple. No decent American wants this...but who cares about injustice to families when the Bible Christian hate cults have an opportunity to demonize the Pope over something he never said???
The Pope builds bridges, while pastor Fundee erects walls of division, with lies and falsehoods.

These things happen so frequently, somebody made a meme for it.

pope thats not what i said.jpg

what we want you to think.jpg

DudleyDorite

Aug 7, 2018
Of all the Protestant bad mouthers there are out there, John MacArthur is the one I can't stand the most. It's hypocrites like him who alienates unbelievers from considering Christ, and he has caused more division in the church than anyone I know. He's a complete turn off.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
I would think you would have to be a christian in order to say who is not a christian..is Trump a christian?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Of course the pope is not Christian..
He is the leader of the catholic cult..
One of the biggest false religion cults in the world..

C

claysmithr

Neither of them are Christian, while Trump maybe correct it's only coincidental b/c he isn't a Christian either so I'm not sure how he's able to tell.

C

claysmithr