trying to lose Pride.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
it's always been hard for me to become humble. any suggestions?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I believe that is process is going to take some time. You must realize that anything you have accomplished is only by the grace of God. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
I am quite proud of how humble I am.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40

Just look at the Cross. It is the perfect example of Christ's humility.

Jesus said the humble has great faith.

Matthew 15:26‭-‬28 KJV

But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
It's ok. We all have a hard time being humble. We are all a work in progress. As we grow, we try to be more and more Christlike. Whatever your situation is, just do your best and don't be too hard on yourself.

M

morefaithrequired

Me too. Ive given up. Please buy my new book "How to be a Narcissist and still make it to Heaven". All I can say is..the Lord works in mysterious ways!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m praying that God will minister to your heart and be your source of encouragement and wisdom as you look to Him each day. Grace and peace to you, friend.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Hi Bleed
Thank you for your reply and your honesty....
The fact you have asked this is humble imo-I was married to someone for 15 years who needed to say this and never did-it would have been music to my ears!!
So the thing is, like Tink said, it's easy for it to creep in for all of us at times but what comes to mind is this; when I have prayed, 'Search me and know my heart oh God and lead me in the way everlasting".... I usually get that prayer answered... 🙈
I guess humility is seeing ourselves as we really are....I asked God to help me forgive someone recently who has caused/ is causing a lot of pain to close family members, and after the Lord had kindly helped me, I then started to remember some of the most dreadful things I had done in my past-I wasn't so inclined towards unforgiveness after that... maybe the closer we draw to God the more humbled we are because He is so perfect and we are so imperfect... and all the more thankful for Jesus.
It reminds me of Micah 6:8 which says that we are to walk justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God.
It says, 'The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked who can know it?' and at times I take a step back and think about my heart honestly before Him, and even the seemingly good things I do can sometimes have a selfish or wrong motive.....
Something else this is making me think about is how feeding the flesh can feed pride; so when I drove an un-cool, family vehicles for all the kids it was humbling lol, but when some of them had grown up we got a nicer car and I noticed the temptation arose to become prideful and I tried to guard my heart from being concerned with what others think (whether for good or bad) because really, it only matters what He thinks of us....
hope Ive been some help anyway...I'm sure if you ask Him then He will deal with it if you're in right relationship with Him....it's been good for me to think about🙂

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray please make Bleed, humble. Please bless this prayer request, in Jesus loving name, Amen!