Twinkling of an eye

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
Actually theres a few that believe as i do. A post trib "rapture", not to heaven but to the kingdom. Anyways......

Matthew 24:5 (KJV)
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Prophecy fulfilled
I am of the same opinion about a post trib rapture being one where we are still here on the earth. There are three areas in the bible describing being caught up. The one the rapture is based on we know is in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The other two are in 2 Corinthians 12:2 & 4 and Revelation 12:5. In 2 Corinthians 12:2 & 4, Paul relates how someone he met had earlier been caught up to heaven/paradise. This individual was still physically on the earth to relate his story to Paul, and so he was then spiritually caught up to heaven/paradise while remaining physically on earth. In Revelation 12:5 a travailing woman conceives a man child who is caught up to Gods throne in heaven. In Revelation 12:17 the devil goes off to make war with the offspring of the travailing woman, thereby indicating the man child being caught up to heaven being a spiritual experience, while he physically remains on the earth.

Jul 23, 2018
I am of the same opinion about a post trib rapture being one where we are still here on the earth. There are three areas in the bible describing being caught up. The one the rapture is based on we know is in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The other two are in 2 Corinthians 12:2 & 4 and Revelation 12:5. In 2 Corinthians 12:2 & 4, Paul relates how someone he met had earlier been caught up to heaven/paradise. This individual was still physically on the earth to relate his story to Paul, and so he was then spiritually caught up to heaven/paradise while remaining physically on earth. In Revelation 12:5 a travailing woman conceives a man child who is caught up to Gods throne in heaven. In Revelation 12:17 the devil goes off to make war with the offspring of the travailing woman, thereby indicating the man child being caught up to heaven being a spiritual experience, while he physically remains on the earth.
Elijah,Enoch,Jesus,the two witnesses,the ripe fruit in rev 14,the one taken in mat 24,the 5 wise virgins in mat 25,and those in 1 thes 4.

All physically taken.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Elijah,Enoch,Jesus,the two witnesses,the ripe fruit in rev 14,

All physically taken.
All this happening before the post-trib rapture. HMM!

1 Cor 15:23 <- seems that there is more than just that? Why isnt it mentioned there?

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
In his vision of the end of the age, the apostle John sees the city coming down from heaven adorned “as a bride,” meaning that the city will be gloriously radiant and the inhabitants of the city, the redeemed of the Lord, will be holy and pure, wearing white garments of holiness and righteousness. Some have misinterpreted verse 9 to mean the holy city is the bride of Christ, but that cannot be because Christ died for His people, not for a city. The city is called the bride because it encompasses all who are the bride, just as all the students of a school are sometimes called “the school.”

Believers in Jesus Christ are the bride of Christ, and we wait with great anticipation for the day when we will be united with our Bridegroom. Until then, we remain faithful to Him and say with all the redeemed of the Lord, “Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20).
REVELATION 21 {9} And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I WILL SHEW THEE THE BRIDE, THE LAMB'S WIFE. {10} And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, {11} Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; {12} And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of THE TWELVE TRIBES OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL:

Theres the bride according to this new covenant scripture. Its the 12 tribes of Israel, just as the old testament says.

Mar 28, 2016
REVELATION 21 {9} And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I WILL SHEW THEE THE BRIDE, THE LAMB'S WIFE. {10} And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, {11} Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; {12} And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of THE TWELVE TRIBES OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL:

Theres the bride according to this new covenant scripture. Its the 12 tribes of Israel, just as the old testament says.

The new promised name God named the bride is Christian (Isaiah 62) .Christian a appropriate word for the occasion with no other meaning added that simply means "residents of the city of Christ" named after her husband Christ the heavenly Jerusalem or Zion.

Previously he named her Israel. The born again Israel. Not all is Israel is born again. Tribes as gates used to represent the Old testament saints. Pillars sent ones (apostles) the new testament saints

She is pictured in Revelation 12. The Sun and moon the temporal time keepers under her feet . Its the end of time

Jul 23, 2018

Jesus marries gates with names?

Sep 14, 2019
I wanted to start a thread to ask a few simple questions about the rapture theory. What ive found in scripture is no wheres near what i hear from the Rapturist. Ive found that when we are changed in the twinkling of an eye, we are not going to heaven but are going to the kingdom, the thousand year period of rest, right here on this earth. The changing {rapture} takes place on the Day of the Lord, after the tribulation period. When the "rapture" takes place is there even 1 scripture that says we are taken to heaven. Ive looked. Cant find a one.
I agree, there isn't one. I think the parable of the 10 virgins in Matt 25 is a good example of the rapture and illustrates the importance that we be ready for his coming or we will miss it. It also indicates that people will experience the rapture at different times. I would also separate his return and us being gathered together in the clouds from his appearing when he separates the sheep from the goats. I don't believe they are necessarily the same event.

Here's a really interesting video that shows many of the end time events such as the rapture and the resurrection.

http://mobilelaz.com/judgmentday/thedayofthelord.mp4

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Jesus marries gates with names?
Is that what ya think?

JEREMIAH 3 [11] And the LORD said unto me, THE BACKSLIDING ISRAEL hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.[12] Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.[13] Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.[14] TURN, O BACKSLIDING CHILDREN, SAITH THE LORD; FOR I AM MARRIED UNTO YOU: AND I WILL TAKE YOU ONE OF A CITY, AND TWO OF A FAMILY, AND I WILL BRING YOU TO ZION:

Well Absolutely. Thats not so according to scripture. Hes married to the 12 tribes of Israel

Mar 28, 2016
Is that what ya think?

JEREMIAH 3 [11] And the LORD said unto me, THE BACKSLIDING ISRAEL hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.[12] Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.[13] Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.[14] TURN, O BACKSLIDING CHILDREN, SAITH THE LORD; FOR I AM MARRIED UNTO YOU: AND I WILL TAKE YOU ONE OF A CITY, AND TWO OF A FAMILY, AND I WILL BRING YOU TO ZION:

Well Absolutely. Thats not so according to scripture. Hes married to the 12 tribes of Israel
12 tribes of Israel as gates or 12 apostles as walls that suprt the gates>

Revelation 21:1-2 King James Version (KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:1-2 King James Version (KJV)And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Jul 23, 2018
The OP;
"I wanted to start a thread to ask a few simple questions about the rapture theory. What ive found in scripture is no wheres near what i hear from the Rapturist. "

So,your starting place is "anti rapture".

makes sense you need to re frame verses as in "I WILL SHEW THEE THE BRIDE, THE LAMB'S WIFE. {10} And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God "

......to say (bizarrely) Jesus marries a walled city with the tribes names on its gates,speaks to your position being poorly thought out.

Especially when we see his bride is his saints (as declared by the word of God in rev 19)

Jul 23, 2018
Jesus is coming from HEAVEN and BRINGING the dead SAINTS in Christ WITH HIM....WE MEET in the AIR...not heaven!
Reconcile your statement with this;
REv 14
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

NO WHITE HORSES OR ACCOMPANYING SAINTS OR ANY ANGELS SENT TO GATHER. IT IS A RAPTURE DURING THE GT.

Your verses are the second coming from mat 24,NOT the Rapture.
Rev 14 is Game,set,and match for all the wasted effort on a post trib rapture.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013

Jesus is married to the 12 tribes of Israel. The bride.
So if the bride is Israel as scripture points out, wheres that leave the gentiles?

MATTHEW [24] But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Ya see what Jesus said

JOHN 10 [14] I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. [15] As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. [16] And OTHER SHEEP I HAVE, WHICH ARE NOT OF THIS FOLD: THEM ALSO I MUST BRING, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and ONE SHEPHERD.

I MUST BRING! Jesus said there were “others” not of the fold of the house of Israel. These “others” are the gentiles that hear His voice. Them also He will bring.... Bring where? Bring to heaven as the raptuist claim? Nope. At the time when Jesus does bring us we will have but ONE SHEPHERD.

EZEKIEL 37 [21] And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will GATHER THEM on every side, and BRING THEM INTO THEIR OWN LAND: [22]And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: [23] Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. [24] And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have ONE SHEPHERD: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. [25] And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. [26] Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. [27] My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

Jesus gathers His people {in the twinkling of an eye} and BRINGS them to Israel, to the kingdom. We will have but ONE SHEPHERD

ZECHARIAH 8 [7] Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; [8] And I will BRING THEM, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD {Zeke37v27}, in truth and in righteousness

The kingdom rest will be in the midst of Jerusalem

ISAIAH 56 [6] Also THE SONS OF THE STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one THAT KEEPETH THE SABBATH from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; [7] EVEN THEM WILL I BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. [8] The Lord God which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, YET WILL I GATHER OTHERS TO HIM, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Jesus brings them to His Holy Mountain. The kingdom rest. Yes, the “others” {John 10v16} {Isaiah 56v8} are the gentiles. So when the LAST TRUMPET {1Cor.15} sounds we meet the Lord in the air and Jesus “brings” us to His holy mountain in Jerusalem for the kingdom rest. Not off to heaven as the Rapturist claim.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
So when the LAST TRUMPET {1Cor.15} sounds we meet the Lord in the air and Jesus “brings” us to His holy mountain in Jerusalem for the kingdom rest. Not off to heaven as the Rapturist claim.
JOHN 3 [12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? [13] And NO MAN HATH ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN, BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

And scripture above remains to be true

Jul 23, 2018
Reconcile your statement with this;
REv 14
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

NO WHITE HORSES OR ACCOMPANYING SAINTS OR ANY ANGELS SENT TO GATHER. IT IS A RAPTURE DURING THE GT.

Your verses are the second coming from mat 24,NOT the Rapture.
Rev 14 is Game,set,and match for all the wasted effort on a post trib rapture.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jul 23, 2018
REV 14.
A GATHERING (rapture to heaven) DURING the GT

Jul 23, 2018
Rapture being 2 wtness taken to heaven,Jesus taken to heaven
Ejijah taken to heaven
Enoch taken to heaven
The church taken to heaven (in several places)
And of course the hidden verse of rev 14.....a group taken to heaven by Jesus on a cloud.

Pssst ....you postribs need at least a couple verses.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Rapture being 2 wtness taken to heaven,Jesus taken to heaven
Ejijah taken to heaven
Enoch taken to heaven
The church taken to heaven (in several places)
And of course the hidden verse of rev 14.....a group taken to heaven by Jesus on a cloud.

Pssst ....you postribs need at least a couple verses.
Heres one of your rapture scriptures {1Thes.4}

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye SORROW NOT, EVEN AS OTHERS which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with THE VOICE of the archangel, and with THE TRUMP OF GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them IN THE CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1THES.4 – voice – clouds – trump of God – sorrow not as others -

ZEPH. 1 – voice – clouds – the trumpet – man shall cry bitterly -

ZEPH. 1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the Lord: the mighty MAN SHALL CRY THERE BITTERLY. [15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness, [16] A DAY OF THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. [17] And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Pssst...No doubt about it. Both scriptures are speaking of the same event. Both scriptures speak of what happens on the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord takes place AFTER the tribulation period

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Really alls ya gotta do is keep reading the so called rapture scripture

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 THES. 5 [1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. [2] For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD so cometh as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then SUDDEN DESTRUCTION cometh upon them, as travail upon a WOMAN WITH CHILD; and they shall not escape.

Doesn’t [1Thes.5] explain to us that [1Thes.4] takes place on The Day of the Lord? There is no scriptural gap between the above scriptures. 1Thes.5 directly follows 1Thes.4 verse 18. There were no chapters and verses when 1Thes was written. It clearly says that the goins on of 1Thes.4 takes place on the Day of the Lord. The day of the Lord takes place after the tribulatuion.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
More scriptural proof

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 THES. 5 [1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. [2] For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD so cometh as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then SUDDEN DESTRUCTION cometh upon them, as travail upon a WOMAN WITH CHILD; and they shall not escape.

Thes. scriptures---women with child—V.16 resurrection---sudden destruction—Day of the Lord
Isaiah26-----------women with child----V.19 resurrection---punish earthlings-----Day of the Lord

ISAIAH 26 [17] Like as a WOMAN WITH CHILD, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O Lord. [18] We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen. [19] THY DEAD MEN SHALL LIVE, TOGETHER WITH MY DEAD BODY SHALL THEY ARISE. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. [20] Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, UNTIL THE INDIGNATION BE OVERPAST. [21] For, behold, THE LORD COMETH OUT OF HIS PLACE TO PUNISH THE INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH FOR THEIR INIQUITY: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Jul 23, 2018
More scriptural proof

Thes. scriptures---women with child—V.16 resurrection---sudden destruction—Day of the Lord
Isaiah26-----------women with child----V.19 resurrection---punish earthlings-----Day of the Lord

ISAIAH 26 [17] Like as a WOMAN WITH CHILD, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O Lord. [18] We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen. [19] THY DEAD MEN SHALL LIVE, TOGETHER WITH MY DEAD BODY SHALL THEY ARISE. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. [20] Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, UNTIL THE INDIGNATION BE OVERPAST. [21] For, behold, THE LORD COMETH OUT OF HIS PLACE TO PUNISH THE INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH FOR THEIR INIQUITY: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
You frame your entire doctrine on a phrase "day of the lord"
Then pretend the pretrib rapture verses are somehow missing.

Pssssst, the ac kills all refusing the mark.
So that right there blows your deal away.
Then,re read your verses. THE DEAD RISE FIRST.
Now read rev 14.
A group raptured,possibly millions,BEFORE your supposed post trib rapture.
Your deal is impossible.
Jesus warned you. He told you he is comming FOR his family pre trib.

Both lot and noah were pretrib / prejudgement dynamics.
In order for your theory to be plausable,you need those stories CHANGED. YOU NEED LOT not only delivered post hailstones/fire, but you need him to return with abraham BACK TO sodom.
Same with Noah. You need the story changed to Noah leaving after the flood,then immediately returning back to earth.

Jesus himself debunked your "doctine riding on a phrase"
Bad exegesis. Very bad.