I appreciate your candor and heart here Chester, thanks for clarifying...
He already did that over 2,000 years ago.....God is not dealing with the SIN issue in a believers life anymore, if they confess with their mouth and believe in their heart God raised him from the dead...
Our spirit is perfected the minute we do the above, we will work on our soul and flesh until the end of the age, but that does not ever mean our salvation is in question....
The Bible says the Power of SIN is the Law 1 cor 15.56 God did what the law could not do, he sent his only son in the likeness of sinful flesh and also as an offering for SIN, he condemned SIN in the flesh....
We are not talking sinless perfection here, we are talking that I am now a slave to righteousness and not a slave to Sin....you are free chester....free to SIN or not to SIN....
let go of the sin-consciousness and understand the freedom Christ bought for you, not to live ungodly, but to pursue peace , live godly and sensibly in the present age.....it is in his freedom and anointing the yoke is destroyed, the burden is lifted and the life is changed.....
Grrr! I could almost be in such agreement with some of you until you use phrases like, let go of sin-consciousness or trust in His finished work. I have some sort of mental block where I cannot understand these phrases as you do and they even appear to be crazy to me. I have spent a long time trying to understand them as you do but I just can't. And the result is that I skip over the posts of those who use them because it's obvious that if I've put in so much time diligently applying myself while reading and still can't understand, then I'm just not going to. As soon as I see the phrases, I just stop reading. And if the phrases are repeated by one person every single time they post, I stop reading their posts altogether. And that is awful to me but I can't just keep reading the same exact phrase, always repeated the same exact way (and which I cannot comprehend) and not get so frustrated that I have to stop trying to understand for the sake of my sanity. Sorry. You don't have to reply - in fact, how could you? I just can't take the repeated phrases any more. You could repeat them 5,000 more times and I do not think I would be any closer to understanding them. I love you guys but I can not understand these phrases and you can't seem to use different words to explain and I start getting a spooky feeling about that.
