Unity in the Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2016
Unity in the Body of Christ

How we lack unity in the “church” and where does that comes from? Many are asking that today brothers and sisters.

I being in unity with God, by the grace of God, and having fellowship of being bound in and of the same Spirit as Paul and Peter, Moses and Daniel to the Glory of God. I write you to give encouragement, how do we become a more loving people and which naturally brings unity? Some ask and seek this for God’s will, while others for mans.

With man, and their dogma/religion it is impossible. You cannot find unity, especially by saying you hold all truths and quit seeking/learning from others, just so you can hold on to tradition and idol worship. You cannot find unity by degrading one person based on the color of their skin, how much money they have, where they grew up. Nor elevating another for the same reasons. These things are of the world and flesh. We are all different, we in some ways have some simulators. Put aside your human eyes and seek your Spiritual ones. We are all the same, we are one in Christ, this is the way.

Understand this, the church, being the body of Christ, is not divided, the true church is built upon the cornerstone, and in the hands of the Father. It is not judgmental, it does not hate, its members know we are all sinners. We are all equal in the eyes of the Lord. We are all sinners, none abound the other.

Unity is not found in the flesh, it is found in the greatest commandment, if people can do that, can treat God the Father and Son as they should be. The love of their life and the center of their universe. Then everything else happens by nature, the second commandment will then also flow by nature because you will be changed. Which creates unity. Changing from just a bad tree to a good one.

From self centered to selfless, from mostly worldly to mostly Godly. From the wide gate, congrats you found the narrow one. Not by your power, strength or wisdom. By only the mercy of God and His will, lthe spark placed in places within the heart of a person to seek the truth.

You cannot fake the love, to truly love, one must understand, to understand one must seek. When one seeks and finds, one will believe. Upon believing one becomes crushed and their heart breaks for the reality of what a wonderful thing God has done for them and realization of who He is, and who we are in the light of Him. If this does not happen, then you do not believe. No one can believe and

Then by the will of God you can be reborn in the Spirit, trading the bad tree (flesh) for the Good (tree) the Spirit rebirth. That is the entering of the Holy One in the temple, your body. Then true love happens. That rebirth changes you as mentioned above.

To do this one must understand the sacrifice and the gift. Repent of their sins and this world. Giving themselves completely to God.
People complain about the sinners prayer, I tell you a person whom the Father has drawn, can be saved in two words or two hundred twenty. The words don’t matter, the understanding of who God is and what He has done for you is the key. Then accepting it! Because salvation comes from the heart as does repentance and love. It cannot be faked, hiding in a crowd with closed eyes and raised hands does not show acceptance.

It shows you are embarrassed, scared to proclaim what you say you believe out loud. The preacher wants to cater to your ego and feelings, your flesh so your not “embarrassed”. Your flesh which should be put down on the cross!! By you doing that, It says you are ashamed of what you claim you believe. That is not the way. Jesus said, For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” “But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in Heaven.” Give measure to yourselves then, whom do you claim and want to please, your flesh or God? Whom do you love?

When the Lord called me it was in a packed church. With people from outside not normally there due to a special event. It was packed, the alter call came and I being just a child sitting with my friends a heard and felt the Lord call. I walked from the top upper balcony in front of all those people. Humbling myself, hearing in one ear I am with you, in the distance, the voice fading that was yelling they will all laugh at you and know your a sinner. I went down and that was humbling. Then they took us tot he Chappell where I was lead in a prayer of repentance and received the Holly Spirit. Not by many hours of theology or study out to me, but by the Will of God. Based on the basics of Him teaching me of himself in that special event so that I would know Him, understand, and accept Him. The greatest moment and day of my life.

Now with your new Spirit you can forgive and pray for those who persecute you. Because He is in you, and you know Him and He teaches you by showing you. In what He has done for others and what He has done for you. Then you can love your neighbor righteously, not just as yourself, in love, even greater than yourself, as a servant does as the Master does and loves the Holy Good Master. Because He does this for you, when you do not deserve it.

Then you are one with the Father and the Son. Having the same Holy Spirit that binds us in them and each other by Love, by God. Making Him Lord of your life. Giving over to one mind, one purpose, and one will, the will of God. You are become one with all those born again, because again, sharing the same Spirit. Even those who have fallen asleep in Christ.

Unity does not come by a bunch of planets chaotically running around trying to make their own orbit aimlessly. Spinning off of each other at different times through the universe.

It is order, it is all planets revolving around one center the Son/Sun. Each one in perfect unison, dancing near and around each other at different times guided by the will of the Sun. Ensuring there is no collision, nor loss of any planet in orbit occurs, but familiarity and support in our evolution around the sun. Fulfilling our orbit and purpose set forth by God. Not by our will, might, nor wisdom least any man boast. Only by the Will of God.

By making Him the Love of your life and the Center of your universe. You then are placed into your proper orbit of evolution around the son who controls all things giving over your will to God’s will ensuring we are one in Spirit and body, because we move at His command and control. Not ours.

There is where you find salvation, unity, only by being born again in the Spirit and oneness In Christ.

Love, a brother in Christ

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Are you posting about unity in the local church or referring to every believer and calling that 'the church' ?

Unity in a local church is quite achievable and what most of the NT is targeted at.

Unity in every believer is a logistical nightmare and I would say they are part of the Family of God but not 'the church'.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
There will probably never be unity between all the outward denominations and sects. When the full number of believers scattered over the globe have reached maturity, that's when there will be unity. These people may not even know each other, but God will know when it happens. The tares will never reach true unity; they will devise a false, forced unity that will be a cheap imitation of true unity.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
"Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: 'The Lord knows those who are His,' ” 2 Timothy 2:19

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
There is always a remnant on the Earth… there is unity of the Spirit always in the remnant.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
We have unity in Christ he is the only way to find that unity one mind one body one spirit but it requires us to be looking at him not any doctrines or denominations or even the knowledge we think we have.

There is only one way only one truth and only one light he calls we have to be willing to answer. Indiviually we all have a piece of the truth but that won't be enough he is a real person that we can even have eat and drink with us not spiritually or metaphorically but truly physically

The same spirit that prophesied his death and resurrection is the same spirit in which tore the veil

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
not any doctrines or denominations or even the knowledge we think we have.
There must be sound doctrine. Those who have it may not be gathered together under one roof, but the thing that unifies them is truth and sound doctrine. False unity is the gathering together under one roof everyone and anyone regardless of their doctrine; the LDS, the JW, the Muslim, the Catholic, the mystic, the New Ager.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
There must be sound doctrine. Those who have it may not be gathered together under one roof, but the thing that unifies them is truth and sound doctrine. False unity is the gathering together under one roof everyone and anyone regardless of their doctrine; the LDS, the JW, the Muslim, the Catholic, the mystic, the New Ager.
Galatians 3:26-2827 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Galatians 3:26-2827 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus
That passage isn't talking about false brothers. You should probably stick to the no doctrine thing as you clearly have no concept of sound doctrine.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
That passage isn't talking about false brothers. You should probably stick to the no doctrine thing as you clearly have no concept of sound doctrine.
I was not unaware of you referencing me in your reply to my post of unity in Christ but I was not responding to false brothers you wanted sound doctrine and I gave it the topic of the thread is unity not accusing people of being false brothers so I ignored all of that and focused on the doctrine

Jun 20, 2022
i do not care about someone's personal doctrine, even though, we share it here with others.
i do not care about interpretation issues and differences amongst anyone of us.
i do not care about how one was Baptized [1 Name or 3 Titles].
i do not care about if one is contemporary or charismatic.
i do not care about if one is continual or cessational.
I do not care about how one breaks down the meaning to Father-Word-Holy Spirit.
what i do care about:
is if one believes that Jesus Christ is GOD, and that in order to get to the Father, they believe they must go through the Son.
^
"if,"
a person,
"meets" those Two Qualifications.
They, are My Brother/Sister, in Christ Jesus!

but, However, getting along and working together for the betterment, to fulfilling, God's Plan of Salvation. By, for the "MOST PART," being in the [same] "Spiritual Frame of Mind," where our differences are held in check-------------------->
yeah,
that's still a great "[[work]]" in progress, even 2,000 years later :mad:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
i do not care about someone's personal doctrine, even though, we share it here with others.
what i do care about:
is if one believes that Jesus Christ is GOD, and that in order to get to the Father, they believe they must go through the Son.
^
"if,"
a person,

but, However, getting along and working together for the betterment, to fulfilling, God's Plan of Salvation. By, for the "MOST PART," being in the [same] "Spiritual Frame of Mind," where our differences are held in check-------------------->
yeah,
Absoltely brilliant!! Bravo a thousand times over you are a true joy to me.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
what i do care about:
^
"if,"
a person,

yeah,
great attitude, need more of it here!!

God bless you!!

May 12, 2016
Are you posting about unity in the local church or referring to every believer and calling that 'the church' ?

Unity in a local church is quite achievable and what most of the NT is targeted at.

Unity in every believer is a logistical nightmare and I would say they are part of the Family of God but not 'the church'.
Interesting, I would say there is no logistics too large for God. I would also say, The body of believers, which are in the one body of Christ, born again of One Spirit, is the Church.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Interesting, I would say there is no logistics too large for God. I would also say, The body of believers, which are in the one body of Christ, born again of One Spirit, is the Church.
It's true nothing is too large for God, but what unity is being called for in scripture itself ? It's always to a specific local body.

Paul's letters..all to specific churches...not to every believer as a whole.

'if one member suffers, then all do' in Corinthians... regarding the body...

That has got to be a local body in question to make any sense. Otherwise we would be all suffering endlessly from Christians in trouble all over the world.

Same goes for the letter to the Ephesians about unity. It's all about unity in their local body of believers.. not unity in the whole world.

Perhaps unity across all believers God can do.. but He would target churches as the source to bring that.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It's true nothing is too large for God, but what unity is being called for in scripture itself ? It's always to a specific local body
This is true. Unity within the local assembly is what God wants. Beyond that there will be little or no unity.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Meditate upon this truth, God is One.