VISIONS & DREAMS FROM GOD

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a dream or vision from God. I have had a few over a long period of time, not at all common. Here is one that happened years back, I came back from a out of state visit to my folks and lay down on my back on the bed and dozed off. I woke up and realized where I was, but found myself in kind of a cloud and in front of me was this large book and a hand with part of a arm. I soon recognized that the book contained the names of my close relatives and that each page contained a death date in the same way that we have a birthday. The hand would turn a page and a finger would point to a, year, month, and day, there would be a name of one of my relatives, the death date. Then the hand would turn the page again and the finger would point to another date with another name. When it was over I could not remember the names or dates but I was terribly depressed. Anyway within 20 months over half dozen close relatives had died.

And you knock people for attending Pentecostal churches? LOL
 
My own interpretation of my vision was that the Lord in His kindness was preparing me for the tragic events, even though I could not remember with part of my mind I am sure that in my spirit I knew the names and dates...so I was kind of prepared for what was going to happen before it happened.

It's been my own experience that dreams & visions predominately prepare myself or at least put me on watch for something to come.

My first vision was of me preaching the word. It was confirmed three times.

My last dream was about 2 years ago. I was at my kitchen door looking out, & saw about seven tornadoes passing by from left to right. The first cut right thru my back yard, & was so skinny & small it only twisted up the grass where it went thru. The rest got progressively larger until the last two were huge & menacing. The same was with the sky..... In my yard, it was sunny & clear. As the tornadoes increased in size (width), the clouds got blacker until the whole sky was dark & black where the last two tornadoes were.

Amazingly when I woke up I wasn't afraid or panicking. I believed the dream was showing coming judgments around me, & that I would not be harmed as a result.
This scripture came to mind:
Psalm 91:1He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 2I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!”
3For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence.
4He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
5You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
Or of the arrow that flies by day;
6Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
7A thousand may fall at your side
And ten thousand at your right hand,
But it shall not approach you.
8
You will only look on with your eyes
And see the recompense of the wicked
.

9For you have made the LORD, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
10No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
11For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
12They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
13You will tread upon the lion and cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you will trample down.
14“Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
15“He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
16“With a long life I will satisfy him
And let him see My salvation.”
 
But before the bible was written, people didn't have His word. How did they know the
truth. :)

But, Miri, before God instructed Moses to "create" a "written" record, the people didn't need a written record! As was in that time, man's " Spirit" did not strive with God's Spirit! So the "oral" record was true and faithful

But, when apostasy had progressed to the point of this oral record was in danger of becoming polluted and corrupted, because of this apostasy, is when God instructed Moses to "write her down", so to speak. And then, as Moses was the only one of Israel, that COULD write, He with God's assistance, and approval, I imagine, amassed "other's" to aid him in the "collecting" of the oral record from the various tribes, using "kenites" or sons of cain! God using Moses, as editor in chief, as well as Cononizer, of that which was brought to him. Due to the fact that Israel were no "scribes". so they didn't know how to write.

To which, "enemies" of the Kingdom of God, and Kingdom of Light, "try" to trip up younger believers, by their laying claim that THIER civilazation was there long before Israel! And, that "Judism" is just a "knock-off" of "their great civilazation"! This is not true! YET, the "empirical record" tells a different tale(tail)!...If ya get my drift here....
 

Is His Revelation complete?....Has the Father Sent Jesus back here yet, as in the "2nd coming"?.....Uhhh?...no....so, no, His Revelation is not complete! But neither is "man's" interpretation of THAT which He has revealed to us in (watch it now...here it comes...lol) in the CANONIZED "collection" of recovered "texts" (for lack of a better way to define them! Enoch and Jasher, being merely 2 glaring examples! ).

Which brings me to your 2nd question....Because, Jesus told us to "Not let ANY man decieve you", And BECAUSE there are so many "men" saying so many different interpretaions over the same teachings (example...The Holy Bible is The INERANT Word of God, meaning that there are NO other writings by ANYONE, ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME, where the WORD of God can be found, or had (the "rapture "theory", is another interpretive/teaching), that, yes John146, There is not outside His WORD, MORE that we need to know, but there IS more WORD outside this supposed Inerant "CANONIZED" assmemblage of writings that we call the Holy Bible! (you are very "tricky", in the way/s you "word" your question/s). Which is probably "a" reason you have difficulties in understanding that which has been "canonized". And, is more then likely the cause/s of your arrogant condescention regarding your last statement.

This/these are the reason/s I use for looking elsewheres asides this "Inerrant" Word of God....NOT for the "perfecting" of What God reveals to us via those 66 (blessed be that wise "council of men"...yeah...right!...lol) included books! But, rather, the perfecting of those "men" who teach from the "vanity of their hearts"! In other words....the perfecting of man's interpretive teaching/s!! NOT God's, NOR, His Son's, NOR His Promised Holy Spirit! :cool:



How do you know that the Lord is coming back? Oh yes, in the word of truth which revealed that to you.
 
I had a few telling me who I was to marry and what kind of life we'd have. This happened years ago.
 
Some days ago, as i sat in my sitting room, i dosed of and saw a huge young man who addressed me and some other Pastor friends. He complained about the changes that are in our Bibles and Hymn Books. His anger was so much that his contanance changed, His eyes was like burning SUN. With fear i sang Him a song of Praise. He suddenly ascended and ROWERD ' I AM THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDHA, BE READY FOR I AM COMING.'  ARE YOU READY?
 
You will never see a vision or a dream where Jesus complains. He will impart truth, warn us, promise judgment, blessing, etc..... but not complain, for that is rather vain.
 

Is His Revelation complete?....Has the Father Sent Jesus back here yet, as in the "2nd coming"?.....Uhhh?...no....so, no, His Revelation is not complete! But neither is "man's" interpretation of THAT which He has revealed to us in (watch it now...here it comes...lol) in the CANONIZED "collection" of recovered "texts" (for lack of a better way to define them! Enoch and Jasher, being merely 2 glaring examples! ).

Which brings me to your 2nd question....Because, Jesus told us to "Not let ANY man decieve you", And BECAUSE there are so many "men" saying so many different interpretaions over the same teachings (example...The Holy Bible is The INERANT Word of God, meaning that there are NO other writings by ANYONE, ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME, where the WORD of God can be found, or had (the "rapture "theory", is another interpretive/teaching), that, yes John146, There is not outside His WORD, MORE that we need to know, but there IS more WORD outside this supposed Inerant "CANONIZED" assmemblage of writings that we call the Holy Bible! (you are very "tricky", in the way/s you "word" your question/s). Which is probably "a" reason you have difficulties in understanding that which has been "canonized". And, is more then likely the cause/s of your arrogant condescention regarding your last statement.

This/these are the reason/s I use for looking elsewheres asides this "Inerrant" Word of God....NOT for the "perfecting" of What God reveals to us via those 66 (blessed be that wise "council of men"...yeah...right!...lol) included books! But, rather, the perfecting of those "men" who teach from the "vanity of their hearts"! In other words....the perfecting of man's interpretive teaching/s!! NOT God's, NOR, His Son's, NOR His Promised Holy Spirit! :cool:





I hope you dont mind me saying, I find your posts really hard to read, the mix of small
print, capitals and bold letters spread about. I think many who wear glasses etc would
think the same.

At the top of each post is a size button and a font button. Or I think you might be able to
select the size and font in your general setting for each post if that helps.
 
For about 10yrs or so I've had a dream of a flood and with each dream the water got higher until the last dream where I was floating on a billboard ,I could see nothing but water then this lady in a floatplane picked me up,seemed like the Biblical flood.

I have 3 different types of dreams

1-The obvious dream that's not real,usually something about my past that is probably a belated understanding.

2-Dreams that come true(could just be deja vu)that have a emotional feel.

3-Dreams that occur between sleep states that have no emotional feeling so they are difficult to interpret.

The flood dream was #2

I also have had dreams of space ships that have a #2 "feel".

For me emotion plays a big part in my dreams and it helps differentiate my dreams,like a dream of me eating something that I like just feels like a dream and I know that it is a dream because of how I feel.

Some dreams (#2) feel real because of the anxiety felt,it's a feeling of something inevitably coming true.

I also had a dream of what I think was purgatory where people were doing time killing manual labor while being watched by some strange creatures ,this was a #2 also.
 
The thing about dreams and visions is that they can be kind of tricky. For one if a person doesn't have discernment to know if a dream is from God your own mind or the enemy it's easy to assume it's from God, it took me three years to be able to discern if a dream was from God or not and even then I still needed to be able to relate it to scripture.

The thing is though not all that God shows can be directly found in scripture. For instance I had a dream this year that I was looking at earth from outer space and suddenly I see this giant meteor zoom by me and smash into earth. The force of the impact created shock waves all across the globe cutting of all power and electricity but then the shock waves rewound and did it again. Now as far as scripture this came to mind Revelation 8:8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood.

This verse reminded me of this dream but I had one the next night that was similar yet could not find any scriptures for it. I was once again looking at earth from outer space and suddenly I see thousands of alien space ships zooming to earth suddenly I was on earth I don't know the exact location I was at but I saw one of the ships crash land and I just had this sense of knowing and urgency that the rapture was about to happen. I believe both of these dreams to be future events.

But some people put to much stock in dreams and visions, while I admit it is amazing to receive such things from God if we become to focused on the things of God instead of God himself then we can lose focus on our walk. But then there are others who have a lot of doubt and skepticism and are quick to discount any dream or vision spoken
 
Just wondering if anyone else has had a dream or vision from God. I have had a few over a long period of time, not at all common. Here is one that happened years back, I came back from a out of state visit to my folks and lay down on my back on the bed and dozed off. I woke up and realized where I was, but found myself in kind of a cloud and in front of me was this large book and a hand with part of a arm. I soon recognized that the book contained the names of my close relatives and that each page contained a death date in the same way that we have a birthday. The hand would turn a page and a finger would point to a, year, month, and day, there would be a name of one of my relatives, the death date. Then the hand would turn the page again and the finger would point to another date with another name. When it was over I could not remember the names or dates but I was terribly depressed. Anyway within 20 months over half dozen close relatives had died.

Hmmm, I had some corned beef and cabbage a couple of days ago and had some dreams.
 
There are those as well, ha!
We learn to differentiate between those, our own thoughts , and His, and the more
we do, the better it gets.
The Book of Acts is normal Christianity, He wants us to get back to it.
Going to need to, to be ready for the harvest.
 
I think as Christians we can have a dream, that is not necessarily directly from God, that warns us of something. I had a dream last July that involved the end of a friendship. In the dream instead of running up to me as was the custom of this person for several years, the person just stood their and I just stood there, then I woke up. At the time I thought it strange since we were very close. Within two weeks the person was gone and I have not seen them since. I see dreams like that as an indirect way for God to warn us but not as a dream that is actually from God.
 
Not against Christians that go to Pentecostal churches...just against pentecostalism(I do not think it is of God).
 
My only question is ..

What makes you think your dreams are from God? And for what purpose? If you don't know what your dreams means until you think the event has actually happened and you looked back..what ws the point of God giving you the dream or vision in the first place..

Dream reading and diary planning is more new age than Christian.

Well,since getting saved and then baptised in the Holy Ghost,I have recieved many visions and dreams from God.

The biblical verification would be ;

Act 2
[FONT=&quot]14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:[/FONT]
 
All believers have gifts,or "intended gifts" that have never been discovered or "drawn out" from their being.

Some are prophets,others teachers,others pastors.

The anointing,that is available,is to equip us to operate in our designated gift or gifts.

Those with prophetic gifts will naturally see more visions and dreams.
 
There's been a few times over the course of my life that I've had something I can only call a vision - some have been during my sleep and a couple were while I was completely conscious. I can recall them in perfect clarity and perfect detail and I can't do that with a dream.

I don't think they were from God. I think they were overproductions of neurotransmitters similar to the kind of "visions" people who use hallucinogens report, and I think they are a result of my health defects.
 
If your dreams and visions just show others sins, then it isn't from God.

Just demons using you to speak death, and curses into others lives.

God will reveal the problem concerning sin, but also the solution.He will use people to speak life and turn people back towards Him. God's focus isn't on death, it's on life.

That's not Biblical. God says what He wants to say. He certainly can reveal other people's sins through the gift of prophecy. Why not dreams? The Bible says that God would speak to prophets through dreams and that old men would dream dreams in the last days.

Where does the Bible ever warn about demonic dreams? I'm not saying they can't happen. But if the Bible doesn't mention them, why is that your go-to interpretation? There is a warning about dreams out of men's own hearts, but more more in the Bible about dreams from the Lord. God spoke to pagan kings like Pharoah and Nebucadnezzer through dreams. One of Israel's enemies dreamed about Gideon before he attacked, and even more amazingly another one of them interpreted it.

God also communicates to regular people who aren't kings, even Gentiles.

Job 33
[FONT=&quot][SUP]13 [/SUP]Why do you complain to him[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] that he responds to no one’s words?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][SUP]14 [/SUP]For God does speak—now one way, now another—[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] though no one perceives it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][SUP]15 [/SUP]In a dream, in a vision of the night,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] when deep sleep falls on people[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] as they slumber in their beds,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][SUP]16 [/SUP]he may speak in their ears[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] and terrify them with warnings,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][SUP]17 [/SUP]to turn them from wrongdoing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] and keep them from pride,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][SUP]18 [/SUP]to preserve them from the pit,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] their lives from perishing by the sword.
[/FONT]
(NIV)
 
Hmmm, I had some corned beef and cabbage a couple of days ago and had some dreams.

Does anyone else notice a connection between their digestive system and their dreams? I don't? Maybe I dreamed I was hungry once and woke up hungry. But I've never noticed any connection between eating pizza and having dreams.

Does this connection exist for people who suffer from indigestion or gas? If it's gas, then cabbage would seem a more likely cause than pizza, IMO.

I do wonder why people attribute dreams to pizza. Is it common for people to have dreams when they eat greasy foods? Who has experienced that? Who invented this pizza---> dream idea?