Waiting and best ways to deal with it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
Wrong again.....the bible states it is of NO PRIVATE INTERPRETATION and exactly why God inspired the Hebrew and Koine Greek so as to keep it from being used in a manner that allows for personal interpretation.....

Now......honestly evaluate what you said in the previous post and explain how your view can make sense when it contradicts the quoted verse I gave.....the bible does not contradict itself....
I never said it did.... The fact that there are many versions of the bible says that some may interpret some things slightly different.

All the bibles written though have the same agenda, to lead them to the truth. No?

Dec 12, 2013
I never said it did.... The fact that there are many versions of the bible says that some may interpret some things slightly different.

All the bibles written though have the same agenda, to lead them to the truth. No?
I don't think I would agree with that fully because some have been butchered and at the end of the day are translations and or transliterations....I always go with the Hebrew and Greek for the final say because that is what God inspired.....at the end of day, and no offense as I am not being mouthy, the idea that you put forth does not seen to fit based upon other verses that tell us to not be anxious, worried, etc......just my 2 cents worth bro.....

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
I don't think I would agree with that fully because some have been butchered and at the end of the day are translations and or transliterations....I always go with the Hebrew and Greek for the final say because that is what God inspired.....at the end of day, and no offense as I am not being mouthy, the idea that you put forth does not seen to fit based upon other verses that tell us to not be anxious, worried, etc......just my 2 cents worth bro.....
Understod.....Truce!
I love debates. It makes us ponder things

God Bless Brother!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There are translations of the Word where the word or infinitive, to honor, in its conjugated tense form is used interchangeably with the infinitive, to fear.

It tends to lend understanding when using that first infinitive. It is written to honor our parents in some version while other actually have to fear our parents. The spirit within witnesses to honor.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
John 14: KJV
26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. {27} Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Mar 28, 2016
My only struggle is, I have always been an impatient person and and I subconsciously tap my foot without conscious thought.....It is not that this uncomfortable feeling is something that makes me believe that the long path from addiction was the wrong one, it is just I wonder what is the best way to deal with impatience... I absolutely believe that good times are ahead, I just struggle with uncomfortable impatience at certain times....Not all! Maybe 25% of a weeks time.

Any scripture guidance I would appreciate.
Reflecting on how God's love works in us can help us to become more familiar on how we can work that out, as we do mediate on it.
Tapping toes or twitching fingers can be a reminder of one of the better things that accompanies salvation that God promises he will not forget the good works he works with us in us, if we offer it according to his name(Hebrews 6:9-10) He knows our need to feel loved and the difficulty of walking by faith .

Patience is the first fruit or work of the Spirit of Christ, our new spirit of self control or helper . It is usually the hardest work for us. The reason for the fall instants gratification walk by sight .

Because Love is long suffering it can be kind. As it builds on its foundation of long suffering we know God loves working in us is to both will and do his good pleasure (Philippians 2:12-13) And again knowing it is his work that works in us we should learn how to wait upon the lord and not be envious of those in whom he has blessed in other ways... Like Peter and John in John 21. Peter in his anxieties seemed to be more needy of attention.

In the next verse he informs us to do so without murmurings in false pride as His love hem us in. That caused me to wonder why would we complain knowing we do have a righteousness computed to us? But again (Hebrews 6:9-10) He knows our need to feel loved and the difficulty of walking by faith and will not forget the work we have offered toward His Spirit that works in us.

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: (Philippians 2:14)

Then in list of the attributes that define God's love, because of the first work of suffering long we know His kindness does not envy but keeps building on the promise of a God whose name is Jealous. He alone owning all things. But His love that he works in us is not. It does not seek its own comfort but works with us rejoices our hearts that he has not left as orphans.

Sometime we have to be our own best friend .Only Christ can be a friend who loves perfectly. If he has begun the good work of salvation in us he promises he will finish it . Try and make lemonade with the toe tapping add a little honey as that which represents the sweetness of the fellowship but remember to add just enough and a little milk of the word that teaches us He gracious and kind tender hearted in respect to those who do not deserve it.

To much honey coming from a imputed righteousness can cause murmurings and disputing's and cause us to vomit the little we do have.

Mar 28, 2016
I agree....Only issue currently is, I grew up Catholic and now consider myself Christian....I wouldn't know which denomination to go to?
Calling a Catholic priest Father is hard for me to do.....I refer God as Father.....Would it be ok to call a priest by his first name?
In that way of Catholicism they remove the comfort of the promised teacher that we can receive if a person would first and foremost trust all things written in the law and the prophets ( sola scriptura) The law of the fathers as a oral tradition of men make soal scriptura without effect. And therefore no comfort from our father in heaven .

The scriptures are clear we are to call no man on earth as a fleshly mediator on earth our master teacher, comforter and guide who does bring to our mind the things he has taught us . And in the same way call no man Holy Father on earth for one is our master teacher as our father in heaven .The unseen Holy Place is reserved for our father in heaven alone. Even The Son of man, Jesus when called good master in that way refused to stand in the holy unseen place of faith .But said only God not seen is good. In that sense we are all priests as a kingdom priest not of here the kingdom of God does not come by observation a catholic design . First name bases I would think would work .

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thanks.....Are you familiar with the term, "Dry Drunk"?
Not calling you one but when someone said this actually exists, I was baffled.
I assumed it to be someone who avoids chemicals and substances but judges others as if their avoidance makes them higher and more powerful.
Never heard of the term 'dry drunk'. Can't see anyone judging you. Perhaps you have a guilty conscience. This could very well be the case.

Feb 28, 2016
with God, we think honour and Godly-fear are synonymous...

Mar 28, 2016
Sorry for the mistake. Not aimed at you....My only point was how the word sober can be misinterpreted in today's world....Some believe avoidance of substances makes the sober but if they hold their accomplishment in high regard, they are flirting by speaking as if they know it all and look down on others who are not where they are.
My only point. Not judging anyone, just saying that it is possible because I have seen some tell others that they NEED to follow their path.
I would agree. We need humility. False pride is a improper zeal for knowing our God. It is called a "law of the fathers" in the Bible or a "law of men" in respect to commandments of prideful men.

It would seem to be one of those what the scriptures refer to as honey lovers. Honey represents the sweet fellowship a believer personally has with his Faithful creator, Christ, called walking by faith as that which alone comes from hearing God which we all love as the first fruits of hearing God through His word our sweet fellowship with the father in heaven .Hearing his voice and believing is the first love we love to turn to as he gives us ears . Having that love we desire the milk of the word reminding us God is gracious and longs suffering But as we are warned in Proverbs as a parable It is not good to eat much honey and in the same way so for men to search their own glory is not glory.

Song of Songs informs us of the bride of Christ... her first love is for the hearing of his words

Song of Solomon 4:11 Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.

Proverbs 16:24Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Proverbs 24:13My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste:

Proverbs 25:16Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.

Proverbs 25:27It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is "not glory".

Matthew 11:29 take up my yoke upon you, and learn from me, because I am meek and humble in heart, and ye shall find rest to your souls,

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Let me give a brief description of my walk with God:

I was a full blown opiate addict...Started using alcohol at my senior prom and drugs(marajuana) at age 19.
I am currently 40 years old as of Dec. 30th 2018. I graduated to oxycodone around 30 and it progressed to age 38 and the prescribed dosage of 300mgs. a day from a doctor BUT, that wasn't enough for me. I bought an additional 90-120mg to sustain me for a day....Crazy, I know. I thank God I am still breathing....I tried so many times to stop ON MY OWN, but failed time and time again being unable to get past the absolutely viscous (hell on earth) withdrawals that come with it....My cold turkey stopping resulted in 7 days of NO sleep whatsoever. My doctor called me a liar but my mother saw it first hand. On day 8 I slept but returned to the pills.

Enough about my history. Anyone who cares to hear more on this in depth topic feel free to ask. I know the path I submitted to to be saved from it.

Anyways:
It has been about 1 1/2 years since I left the rehab facility and without fail, I have constantly seen God show me that he is right by my side, EVERY day.....It almost seems stupid for me to ask for a little help from some others who may know scripture better than me but if there is any verse that can help me in my area, I would be appreciative.

I know that I am not supposed to get weary in well doing and I have not quit the fight, believe me. I get on my knees everyday and start my day the same. I almost died and know that everyday is like I am in overtime in my life and I pray it goes on a lot longer than football and hockeys overtime.

My only struggle is, I have always been an impatient person and and I subconsciously tap my foot without conscious thought.....It is not that this uncomfortable feeling is something that makes me believe that the long path from addiction was the wrong one, it is just I wonder what is the best way to deal with impatience... I absolutely believe that good times are ahead, I just struggle with uncomfortable impatience at certain times....Not all! Maybe 25% of a weeks time.

Thanks
Check out this scripture Isaiah 40:31

With the tapping foot thing I dont know whether its a withdrawal thing? Or maybe you are hearing some music and really just want to dance.

Apr 15, 2017

I was a full blown opiate addict...Started using alcohol at my senior prom and drugs(marajuana) at age 19.
I am currently 40 years old as of Dec. 30th 2018. I graduated to oxycodone around 30 and it progressed to age 38 and the prescribed dosage of 300mgs. a day from a doctor BUT, that wasn't enough for me. I bought an additional 90-120mg to sustain me for a day....Crazy, I know. I thank God I am still breathing....I tried so many times to stop ON MY OWN, but failed time and time again being unable to get past the absolutely viscous (hell on earth) withdrawals that come with it....My cold turkey stopping resulted in 7 days of NO sleep whatsoever. My doctor called me a liar but my mother saw it first hand. On day 8 I slept but returned to the pills.

Enough about my history. Anyone who cares to hear more on this in depth topic feel free to ask. I know the path I submitted to to be saved from it.

Anyways:
It has been about 1 1/2 years since I left the rehab facility and without fail, I have constantly seen God show me that he is right by my side, EVERY day.....It almost seems stupid for me to ask for a little help from some others who may know scripture better than me but if there is any verse that can help me in my area, I would be appreciative.

I know that I am not supposed to get weary in well doing and I have not quit the fight, believe me. I get on my knees everyday and start my day the same. I almost died and know that everyday is like I am in overtime in my life and I pray it goes on a lot longer than football and hockeys overtime.

Thanks
Rom 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.

We should be patient in tribulation, and that can be trying to overcome an addiction we might of had as well.

But we will be tempted in whatever we liked to do while we were in the world, so buckle up, and grin and bear it, for you will be tempted by it for you liked doing it in the world.

If we did not like to do it in the world, then we should not be tempted by it when living for God, and there is some things we are not tempted with when living for God, because we did not like it while in the world.

That is why we might have a hard time with giving up our wants, and loving money, and material things for our wants, especially in America, for we liked those things in the world, which is the vast vast majority, the same as liked sexual tendencies which is the vast vast majority, hopefully from the opposite sex, but who knows in today's world, so we will be tempted by those 2 big sins which is the vast vast majority.

Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Does not mean Paul was sinning, but you will be tempted.

There is no escaping it even when living for the Lord, but the Lord can reduce the temptation that is upon you drastically so you can bear it, so you might be tempted but it is only like a one year old tugging at your sleeve, for sure it can be annoying, but you can endure it, and God will give you an escape from the temptation.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

The truth is there is no struggling with sin, but only not submitting to the Spirit, and if a person does engage in sin it is because they want the sin not because they cannot abstain from the sin, for if a person hates sin, and does not want sin, by the Spirit they can abstain from sin.

But we cannot escape temptation, and temptation is not a sin, for Jesus was tempted in all points as we are, yet without sin.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

2Co 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
2Co 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
2Co 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Whether it is inner with a temptation, or outer with persecution from the world, the saints might go through trouble, and whatever we liked doing in the world that is what we will be tempted with living for God, and you cannot escape it, although you can reduce the pull of the temptation on you by submitting to the Spirit hating sin.

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

Also the temptation can cause us to rely on God more for we want Him to deliver us from it, which today many people are not relying on God because technology has caused money, and material things to flow like a raging river, so people are not depending on God as much, as they heap those things to themselves, instead of going by their needs, and helping the poor as God wants them to do.

We do not like temptation, but it can cause us to rely on God to deliver us from it, but we cannot escape temptation for we are still in the flesh, and Paul said there is no good thing that dwells in the flesh, even when living for God for the flesh never changes, but with the mind we serve Christ.

I might get tempted to lust after a woman, but I do not get tempted with homosexuality, for I did not like it in the world, and I might get tempted with alcohol, but I will not get tempted with hard drugs, for I did not like it in the world, and I might get tempted to enjoy my wants in a little area, but I would not get tempted to want to be rich for myself, for I did not like that level of greediness while in the world.

Whatever we liked to do while in the world we will be tempted with it when living for God, but that could only go on for so long, and then we might not notice it hardly at all, but only a thought in our head, but no pull on us, for even the world when they abstain from drugs it will become less and less noticeable to them the temptation of it, so how much more with God by the Spirit.

So be patient and rely on God and let Him reduce the pull of the temptation on you, for what will your impatience accomplish, nothing but adding unto the problem making it worse of something that is going to happen, temptation that you do not want, and you cannot beat off your mind.

1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Loss of interest, question, wonder.

It is like people that have a problem on their mind, or OCD, and they wonder why, and want to figure it out, which only adds to the problem, for they cannot figure it out, and there is only one solution, let it go and move on, for there is nothing to figure out, but your worrying over things boggling your mind, causing stress which they say people that have OCD have stress, which as long as you do not offend people, and do not offend God you are alright.

My pastor said he almost let temptations beat him, for we want to be so perfect, and think we can be so perfect, that we do not want to be tempted, and wonder why we are tempted so much living for the Lord, but do not let it bother you for you will be tempted, as well as all people that live for the Lord.

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
You are a warrior no doubt. I know of many with a similar story.

sorry I cant help you with impatience, for I am also EXTREMELY impatient. But I just wrote to say: Great testimony, glory to God, and keep fighting the good fight brother.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
Never heard of the term 'dry drunk'. Can't see anyone judging you. Perhaps you have a guilty conscience. This could very well be the case.
No, it was referred to someone who avoids substances but asserts dominance over those who do... Drunk on superior power over them.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
No, it was referred to someone who avoids substances but asserts dominance over those who do... Drunk on superior power over them.
There are those that consider themselves squeaky clean and as a result become arrogant and believe themselves to be morally superior over those that may occasionally sin.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm not sure what you mean but I gave what I thought was a Bible verse that you were asking for and I know I feel good to know that when I have a problem or the fact that knowing I have broken all 10 commandments this verse gives me comfort in knowing God cares for me about the things that have bothered me. I had an abortion so yes I have murdered too and not proud of it at all and remorseful over it as it's a sin you can't take back or fix so the answer would be no I'm not judging you nor do I feel higher or more powerful so no I'm not a dry drunk I'm a terrible sinner that God has forgiven and was trying to offer you comfort in a verse that says God cares for you.
Actually, you are a very loving and faithful wife and I love you so.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
I've gone through periods of waiting and I'm not a fan either. Lol

Something that helps me is saying "I am content." and not focusing on the issue. You can still be proactive and try to have something.

I also say, "There is a season for everything." Things constantly change so if you're going through a Winter season, Spring is still around the corner.

Although it's annoying, when people get everything right away they are typically ungrateful and bored as well. There's no middle ground so when you finally get what you want you will appreciate it and be a better person. Sometimes I think God puts more time into people he makes wait. I know that's when I grew the most spiritually.

Some verses I love are these ones:

Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say, "Here I am." isaiah 58:9

My times are in your hands. Psalm 31:15

I will take you by the hand and guard you. Isaiah 42:6

For we are God's masterpiece. Ephesians 2:10

Tell me in the morning about your love (God), because I trust you. Psalm 143:8

You will again be happy and dance. Jeremiah 31:4

He reached down from heaven and rescued me. Psalm 18:16

His secret purpose framed from the very beginning is to bring us to our full glory. 1 corinthians 2:7

Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. Colossians 3:15

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017

Anyways:

Thanks

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017

Anyways:

Thanks
I am a delivered addict… I shot dope don't know how much exactly, but was shooting about 8-1000$ a day. I have, by G-d's grace ad mercy not touched dope since 2004.

Want patience? Pray for it.... you will get stuck in the longest lines and NEVER get what you want when you want it!!!

And the later was really my problem with patience. Sitting back and living by faith and not playing G-d.... Welcome to RECOVERY!!!!!

NEVER PRAY FOR PATIENCE.... PRAY TO ACCEPT G-D'S GRACE AND MERCY THAT IS ABOUNDING TO YOU AT ALL TIMES!!!