Walking By The Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 2, 2020
The Holy Spirit is God's presence in our life. He is undivided and lives in every believer to will and to walk. How He manifests in our lives varies, for example at one point He manifested in my life by restricting my vision. I did not see things and people who were around me but I could generally see and I had to trust not what I could see but what He was telling me to know whether I was alone or with others and who I was near.

When we trust in the Spirits guiding we are able to discern spirits and recognize when beings that we cannot see are nearby.

In Israel God dwelt in tents and buildings, today He places the fullness of His presence in every believer.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I'm a righteous man which is why the law does not apply to me. But now in the new covenant, we are not just covered up, but we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ, who entered into the holy of holies, the glorious presence of God’s heart once and for all. Jesus Christ in being the ultimate sacrificial lamb had only to fulfill God’s specifications for the Passover.

The High Priest was the head of the priesthood, functioning as the head of the Temple, and the official representative between God and Israel. To carry out such a responsibility he was forbidden any impure contact that might defile him. Only he could enter once a year in the innermost part of the sanctuary of the Temple, known as the holy of holies where the sacred Ark of the Covenant was kept, to proclaim divine revelations, having the exclusive privilege of consulting God directly. Appeal to him could be made in any matter because he exercised supreme authority over the worship and the Temple, as the mediator between God and Israel.

Jesus Christ is the perfect High Priest, who took upon himself the sins of the entire world, and is the mediator of the new covenant between God and us. The Temple was a temporary place where one would go for divine blessing in building form, but now it is in Christ, who is a permanent place, where one needs to go for divine blessing because of the new covenant God has with Christ.

In the new covenant, we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ, who entered into heaven itself to appear in the holy of holies, the sacred chamber of the heart of God’s glorious presence for us. Jesus Christ is the promised seed and faithful High Priest, who fulfilled all the law, and is set between God and us—because he is connected to both sides, and thereby he is able to work with God and with us. My mind boggles over God’s heart of love, His compassion, and the tenderness to have Jesus Christ, who is the greatest food of all time, the bread of life, to establish a true and vital spiritual relationship between God and us.
I'm sorry if someone already said this. You are a vain and arrogant man, who does not know how to properly exegete Scripture. You are also a lousy teacher and will be judged more strictly for that. You are not even close to Moses, who was a humble man.

We are not "sanctified" but rather "being sanctified." Sanctification is a life long process of the Holy Spirit leading and guiding us. We won't be perfect till Jesus returns and glorifies us. The way you have treated people reminds me of Christ's command "Love God and your neighbour as yourself." Loving our neighbour doesn't mean pretending you know everything, (esp cause you do NOT!) and you are the great master come to give us meat. You don't even know this forum. Get to know people, build up some credentials, and stop being so hard nosed and arrogant. You are one person I would never listen to, considering how many great theologians there are to read, and just plain reading the Bible does a better job for me.

I have Scriptures for everything above, but I doubt you would listen to them if I quoted them all. You need to start reading the Bible through from start to finish, and learn Hebrew, Koine Greek and something about hermeneutics if you want to be a teacher. Otherwise, you are just a blind man, trying to lead people who have a lot more smarts about the Bible than you ever had.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
When I came here I thought I could handle the meat of the Word with folks. But they keep dragging me back down to the milk. And that's what is taking so much time.
The meat of the Word, just like it was for Christ, is to do the will of the one who sent us. I am surprised that you consider yourself a "graduate" from the Scriptures but still don't know that the meat of the Word is to obey God, Christ manifesting in is (Word becomes flesh).

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
1 Corinthians 3:1-3 Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly—as infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food. In fact, you are still not ready, for you are still worldly...

You treat people with arrogance and contempt, what walking in Christ are we exactly talking about?

Mar 23, 2016
You have no idea what in Christ means and that's why I wrote that in the first place.
Yes ... Peterlag has announced loudly and clearly that Peterlag is the only one who knows what in Christ means.

All on CC have heard that none of us (except Peterlag) knows what in Christ means.

And we know this because that's what Peterlag tells us. :rolleyes:

Mar 23, 2016
Let's take the first one first. Does Romans 12:1 mean to renew the mind by cleaning up our old man dead nature so as to struggle daily to be more like Jesus? Or does to renew the mind mean to put on the new man in Christ?
I bolded the statements in the verses which relate to that which we are to do:

Romans 12:1-2 beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

And please recall the discussion we had concerning Rom 12:1-2 just last week:

Post #54

And in Post #55, you stated "I do think we are on the same page" in your response.

In Rom 12:2, the words be ye transformed (from Greek metamorphoó). In the verse, metamorphoó is a verb. However, it is passive, which means the subject is the recipient of the action.

In verse 1, the words that ye present (from Greek paristémi). Paristémi is a verb and is active, which means the subject is the doer or performer of the action.

The be not conformed of verse 2 is also verb and, while middle or passive voice, it is imperative which expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action.

The words by the renewing of your mind (from Greek anakainósis nous) are both nouns ... not verbs.

Jun 15, 2020
I'm sorry if someone already said this. You are a vain and arrogant man, who does not know how to properly exegete Scripture. You are also a lousy teacher and will be judged more strictly for that. You are not even close to Moses, who was a humble man.

We are not "sanctified" but rather "being sanctified." Sanctification is a life long process of the Holy Spirit leading and guiding us. We won't be perfect till Jesus returns and glorifies us. The way you have treated people reminds me of Christ's command "Love God and your neighbour as yourself." Loving our neighbour doesn't mean pretending you know everything, (esp cause you do NOT!) and you are the great master come to give us meat. You don't even know this forum. Get to know people, build up some credentials, and stop being so hard nosed and arrogant. You are one person I would never listen to, considering how many great theologians there are to read, and just plain reading the Bible does a better job for me.

I have Scriptures for everything above, but I doubt you would listen to them if I quoted them all. You need to start reading the Bible through from start to finish, and learn Hebrew, Koine Greek and something about hermeneutics if you want to be a teacher. Otherwise, you are just a blind man, trying to lead people who have a lot more smarts about the Bible than you ever had.
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, (That's me)

Jun 15, 2020
Then you purposely ignore it or are not as well versed in understanding scripture as you think. I even made the main point in bold for you, it speaks of baptism not for getting dirt off our flesh but for an appeal good conscious to God through the ressurection of Jesus Christ. so either you just ignore it or perhaps you see it disproves you and cannot admit it
Here's the Scripture you mention. Show me where water is mentioned in verse 21 or 22.

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, (That's me)

No, it's not! Church is a communal word. It is never about a single individual. There are many images of the Church, including the community of God, the body of Christ, the mystical union in Christ, Etc.

You cannot be a solo person and call yourself a church. It is not possible in any language. In this poorly constructed doctrine, you have committed the egregious mistake of pulling out part of a verse, and not even quoting the whole verse!

"To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:" 1 Cor 1:2

This verse is directed to the church in Corinth, which AS A BODY are sanctified and called to be God's holy people. Further, this church walks spiritually with ALL the people everywhere, who call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!

There is no "me, myself and I" in this opening greeting of the book. It is not addressed to a person, but God's holy people. So no, you are not walking by yourself, if indeed you are a Christian at all. And everyone in this forum, churches everywhere who call upon the name of the Lord, are saved! Not as you have been teaching/pretending, that you are the only saved person.

Further, you have to look at this verse, addressed to the Corinthian church and find out what is going on. In fact, the church in Corinth has a LOT of problems. From someone sleeping with his step mother.

"It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife." 1 Cor. 5:1.

There were other issues, too. So that church was being sanctified, still not sinless at all. Another mistake because you don't understand hermeneutics at all.

1. You are not a solitary Christian
2. You are not sanctified, especially on your own. You need to be a member of the body of Christ, or the church to claim that promise.
3. As I said before, learn how to correctly interpret or divide the Word of God.
4. Finally, the Word of God is NOT all about you! That is the definition of narcissism, if you didn't know!

Mar 28, 2016
You do not know what in Christ means. And that's why I wrote that most have no idea which you questioned. We can now add you to the list.
LOL Or at least thats your living hope today. Did you search the scriptures?

I know what Christ means. He is the anointed one who does the works of anointing, teaching us comforting us and beings to our minds that which has has taught . Also called the Holy Spirit .He dwells in the born again believer.

Some say we can have that anointing ( teaching) work of God in respect to the things seen the temporal (corrupted mankind) And not the eternal not seen.

1st John 2 identifies them as antichrists (plural. ) as warning to us who do walk by faith. . the unseen anointing that works in these earthen bodies of death. He informs us as it the anointing teaches us we abide in Him .

Some say they do not sin and make God the liar. . and not mankind the liar from birth...

They as it seems stay way from 1st. John. It as it is written exposes their dark lies.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 John2: 26-27

How do you define it? Or do you have another teaching authority, another gospel ?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Most of the time if water baptism is mentioned they say baptize or to be baptized this verse speaks of batpism not to get the dirt off ( hense water) but for a appeal to God for a clear conscious through the ressurection of Christ, baptism of the spirit is always spoken of with the word spirit it isn't that hard to tell the difference and you wanting the actual word water is poor attempt to disregard the verse if I have brain damage and even I can understand this I know you do as well

L

lenna

I put that little open mouthed shocked guy, but I could just as easily have put a little nodding guy but we don't have that

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Yes Peter has shown every fruits of the Pharisee and none of Christ, he is arrogant boastful all knowing is always speaking and teaching but never listening or learning he disregards scripture unless he give it and is self centered.

Also he says he has graduated from the bible that alone amazes mee still that anyone calling themselves in Christ would say or think that, maybe it's just me but I read the bible with joy I hope I never graduate from it ( luckily I never will)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I put that little open mouthed shocked guy, but I could just as easily have put a little nodding guy but we don't have that
Yeah that is why I make use of the giphy thing I especially use the slow clap for posts that I have great respect for

L

lenna

Yeah that is why I make use of the giphy thing I especially use the slow clap for posts that I have great respect for
I think they help to convey the attitude of the poster or what the poster means just a little better.

Sometimes I 'see' people getting red in the face and throwing pots at the wall. Then they come back with a snarky remark but with some sort of 'god loves you'

sure. you couldn't do that face to face. :whistle:

L

lenna

When I came here I thought I could handle the meat of the Word with folks. But they keep dragging me back down to the milk. And that's what is taking so much time.
maybe try a different cut

baloney is not everyone's favorite dish

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think they help to convey the attitude of the poster or what the poster means just a little better.

Sometimes I 'see' people getting red in the face and throwing pots at the wall. Then they come back with a snarky remark but with some sort of 'god loves you'

sure. you couldn't do that face to face. :whistle:
Yeah I actually think there is a scriptures that speaks of that perfectly I just cannot remember it, there is no point in giving a snarky remark and then saying GGod loves you in all honesty that is just insult to injury

Jun 15, 2020
maybe try a different cut

baloney is not everyone's favorite dish
I believe most Christians worship the Lord in vain teaching for doctrine the commandments of men. You see it's not about us and how well we walk and try to be good or how much water we play with. It's about him. The walk is not about us. The end result is being strong in him and in the power of his might. Nobody I have communicated with on here can understand what I'm saying because they can only see themselves. They walk in their own dead nature and play word games with me. The kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

Jun 15, 2020
Most of the time if water baptism is mentioned they say baptize or to be baptized this verse speaks of batpism not to get the dirt off ( hense water) but for a appeal to God for a clear conscious through the ressurection of Christ, baptism of the spirit is always spoken of with the word spirit it isn't that hard to tell the difference and you wanting the actual word water is poor attempt to disregard the verse if I have brain damage and even I can understand this I know you do as well
I believe most Christians worship the Lord in vain teaching for doctrine the commandments of men. You see it's not about us and how well we walk and try to be good or how much water we play with. It's about him. The walk is not about us. The end result is being strong in him and in the power of his might. Nobody I have communicated with on here can understand what I'm saying because they can only see themselves. They walk in their own dead nature and play word games with me. The kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

Jun 15, 2020
LOL Or at least thats your living hope today. Did you search the scriptures?

I know what Christ means. He is the anointed one who does the works of anointing, teaching us comforting us and beings to our minds that which has has taught . Also called the Holy Spirit .He dwells in the born again believer.

Some say we can have that anointing ( teaching) work of God in respect to the things seen the temporal (corrupted mankind) And not the eternal not seen.

1st John 2 identifies them as antichrists (plural. ) as warning to us who do walk by faith. . the unseen anointing that works in these earthen bodies of death. He informs us as it the anointing teaches us we abide in Him .

Some say they do not sin and make God the liar. . and not mankind the liar from birth...

They as it seems stay way from 1st. John. It as it is written exposes their dark lies.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 John2: 26-27

How do you define it? Or do you have another teaching authority, another gospel ?