Walking In Spirit or Flesh.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The law book is in regard to the whole bible is law .No opinions of men. Dividing and the numbering of laws like 614 takes away from the whole .
Except the Person the whole Book points to...

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(Joh 1:17)

Sep 3, 2016
Can the sin nature revive in a spirit filled Christian life? If so, how?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You by your own admission have denied His words. Jesus said less than 24 hours before His death, that if you LOVE HIM, YOU WILL OBEY HIS COMMANDS. How's that for context. You mean to say this instruction was only valid for a period shorter than it takes for milk to go off?
The command today is ' believe the Gospel. The gospel is 1 cor 15.1-4 . its not " Follow commandment s ,or " love Jesus " find out in
How can you Love God without believing in Jesus Christ?
Cornelius, Lydia . But are you saying so long as they love God, they can be saved without being born again ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The greatest command is " believe the Gospel "
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Rom 5.5 After we believe the Gospel .

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
You only learn of the righteousness of Christ through paul‘s epistles.

Are you a red letter Christian?
Then Cornelius could not have been saved if what you say is correct. So there is clearly a disconnect with your doctrine.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
The command today is ' believe the Gospel. The gospel is 1 cor 15.1-4 . its not " Follow commandment s ,or " love Jesus " find out in
Matthew 19
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

- Are you saying that Jesus lied to this man?
- Are you instead saying that Jesus changed his mind after the cross?
-Are you saying that Jesus' words are only applicable up until the cross?
-When NT epistles say "Believe in Jesus" are you free to disregard everything He said?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Then Cornelius could not have been saved if what you say is correct. So there is clearly a disconnect with your doctrine.
People were saved before Paul, scripture is clear. Paul explains it and how to live the crucified life once saved. The doctrine is found in his thirteen epistles.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Matthew 19
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

-When NT epistles say "Believe in Jesus" are you free to disregard everything He said?
What else would A Jew under the law say ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Matthew 19

You keep going backwards . Do they only teach the four Gospels and the book of Acts at your church ?

Sep 3, 2016
' sin nature ' ? which verses please ?
And what do you mean by ' spirit filled life ' please?
“what shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that Grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, who are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (Rom. 6:1-2).

Some seventeen times the word “sin” is mentioned in the Sixth Chapter of Romans. Fifteen of those times the original Text, in other words, as it was originally written by the Apostle Paul, contains what is referred to as the “definite article.” That is, in these fifteen times, the Text reads “the sin.” It refers to the sin nature.

Some claim that Believers no longer have a sin nature; however, considering that Paul is writing to Believers here, if that is the case, i.e., if Believers no longer have a sin nature, then the Holy Spirit went to a lot of trouble to explain something that doesn’t exist.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
What else would A Jew under the law say ?
This is what Paul says:
Romans 3v28 Therefore we conclude that a man is [i]justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. 29 Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, 30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. <NOTICE: That he says both Jew and Gentile receive justification by faith, and not by Law>

Now jump to Hebrews:
Hebrews 3v16-4v2 16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. 4 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, [a]not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
<NOTICE: that salvation was ALWAYS BY FAITH. Here we have the writer of Hebrews contrasting the Old and New Testaments. And they are BOTH by faith>
<SECOND NOTICE: Those who sinned, were those who did not obey, and these were those who did not walk by faith>

Therefore when Jesus says OBEY the commandments, you are to DO SO, BY FAITH.

Or put another way, you say you have Faith? Can you live in disobedience and still claim to have faith? Your faith is then not faith AT ALL. You would be just like the demons.

James 2
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

Romans 3v31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
“what shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that Grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, who are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (Rom. 6:1-2).

Some seventeen times the word “sin” is mentioned in the Sixth Chapter of Romans. Fifteen of those times the original Text, in other words, as it was originally written by the Apostle Paul, contains what is referred to as the “definite article.” That is, in these fifteen times, the Text reads “the sin.” It refers to the sin nature.

Some claim that Believers no longer have a sin nature; however, considering that Paul is writing to Believers here, if that is the case, i.e., if Believers no longer have a sin nature, then the Holy Spirit went to a lot of trouble to explain something that doesn’t exist.
I'm just waiting for some more precise language that is using biblical language?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
This is what Paul says:
Romans 3v28 Therefore we conclude that a man is [i]justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. 29 Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, 30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. <NOTICE: That he says both Jew and Gentile receive justification by faith, and not by Law>

Now jump to Hebrews:
Hebrews 3v16-4v2 16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. 4 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, [a]not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
<NOTICE: that salvation was ALWAYS BY FAITH. Here we have the writer of Hebrews contrasting the Old and New Testaments. And they are BOTH by faith>
<SECOND NOTICE: Those who sinned, were those who did not obey, and these were those who did not walk by faith>

Or put another way, you say you have Faith? Can you live in disobedience and still claim to have faith? Your faith is then not faith AT ALL. You would be just like the demons.

James 2
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

Romans 3v31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
2 Corinthians 3:7

“But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be DONE AWAY .
This is what Paul says:

Now jump to Hebrews:

James 2

Romans 3v31
Yes we are Justified APART FROM THE DEEDS OF THE LAW .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
This is what Paul says:

Now jump to Hebrews:

James 2

Romans 3v31
Yes its always been by faith .

Sep 3, 2016
I'm just waiting for some more precise language that is using biblical language?
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God. John 3:3

KJV BIBLE

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
This is what Paul says:

Now jump to Hebrews:

James 2

Romans 3v31
The Gospel is simple .
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Today we Access by faith into the grace in which we stand . 1) We are to obey the Gospel. How ? believe ( faith) This is done once . And not in vain .
2) We are then sealed by the Holy Spirit until the Day of redemption.
Thats how we are saved today . Simple . No believer can change this once ' in Christ ' . And no one should complain. Be thankful this is true and go tell others.

Feb 28, 2016
Can the sin nature revive in a spirit filled Christian life? If so, how?
===========================
certainly, The Spirit and the flesh are in 'constant contention',
as it is written;
GAL. 5:17.
'For the flesh lusts against The Spirit, and The Spirit against the flesh:
and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would'
IF,
we strive to 'over-come', sometimes we will 'lose the battle', and sometimes we will 'win the battle',
but, with Jesus Christ as our Helper,
PHIL. 4:13.
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
this means, as Romans 7 tells us, 'there is a constant 'battle', but IF we REMAIN in Christ Jesus,
then He will always be there to help us 'over-come' our 'flesh-nature' -
this is how we can see our new 'reflection' in the mirror of God...