Walmart to stop selling some kinds of ammunition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

yeah ok.....I sure like the Stinger 22 rounds I get there.......almost the same velocity as a 22 mag but in a long rifle casing just a tad longer than a long rifle casing........
I don't shoot 22 enough for it to matter. I prefer my black powder stuff, and Walmart don't carry enough of it to bother walking in the door.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The Super Walmart model originated in more rural communities in the southern US where hunting, fishing and camping equipment (at low prices) was more difficult to find.
We just dont have gun Culture here, guns are used for hunting animals so that you can eat them not shooting PEOPLE. When we did have guns and people went berserk with them half the population died in the musket wars. So yea, no guns, depend on what you are using them for.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Personally I think americans are paranoid and just dont like each other much. Thus need for guns. Its like a secuirty blanket for them...

M

Miri

The Super Walmart model originated in more rural communities in the southern US where hunting, fishing and camping equipment (at low prices) was more difficult to find.
We’ve got the rural area in the U.K, farmers, game keepers etc, who often
have gun licenses. So yes that would make sense.

I get as well that American is a massive country with different terrain and
various dangerous wildlife and so I can see where guns were needed.

Dec 12, 2013
I don't shoot 22 enough for it to matter. I prefer my black powder stuff, and Walmart don't carry enough of it to bother walking in the door.
Yeah...I like black powder as well.......I have smoked quit a few deer using a Thompson Center Kentucky Style rifle.....open iron sights....longest shot on a deer was 156 steps off hand...I use about 90 grains of Pyrodex and a 45 caliber sabot in a 50 cal. weapon......

Dec 12, 2013

YES...where I live we have black bear, wild hogs and large cats (panthers/mountain lions)......we had one killed on the highway fairly close to me and it weighed about 65 kilos.........a cat that big is as lethal as they come.....

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Is Walmart still selling 9mm ammo?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Is Walmart still selling 9mm ammo?
From what I gather the only ammunition Walmart will be carrying is shotgun shells and "hunting rounds" (.30-30, .30-06).
No more 9mm .38 .45

M

Miri

I supoose chlorine washed chicken is more dangerous lol

L

Locoponydirtman

Plus there is something kind of counter intuitive about America that takes some understanding.
In places like Chicago, Washington DC, and Los Angeles where licensing is required and the process makes it quite difficult to legally obtain a gun, crime rates are off the charts in comparison to places that guns are much easier to obtain. Everyone is obsessed with the mass shootings that have occured with increased frequency, but fail to see that those numbers are topped regularly and in some cases weekly in areas that are most restrictive. Take Chicago for example, probably one of the most restrictive cities in the country, has shootings every week end, with death tolls rivalling the mass shootings.
As we examine recent American history it seems that the more restrictive we become concerning possession of fire arms the more violent crime including gun violence, we have.

L

Locoponydirtman

Yeah...I like black powder as well.......I have smoked quit a few deer using a Thompson Center Kentucky Style rifle.....open iron sights....longest shot on a deer was 156 steps off hand...I use about 90 grains of Pyrodex and a 45 caliber sabot in a 50 cal. weapon......
One foggy morning I took a deer I had about 80 steps with a 45 caliber Kentucky style rifle. Funny thing about foggy mornings when you fire black powder, the smoke hangs in the air for minutes. Lol.
I have actually taken up shooting black powder pistols lately. I have an Italian remake of 1861 Colt Navy revolver, and a lyman 50 cal. They are fun to shoot

M

Miri

One foggy morning I took a deer I had about 80 steps with a 45 caliber Kentucky style rifle. Funny thing about foggy mornings when you fire black powder, the smoke hangs in the air for minutes. Lol.
I have actually taken up shooting black powder pistols lately. I have an Italian remake of 1861 Colt Navy revolver, and a lyman 50 cal. They are fun to shoot

Oh no you can’t go shooting cute little deer.
By all means I will let you shoot a bear if it attack’s you, but leave the deer alone.

By the way - what do you call a deer with no eyes?

.No idea

L

Locoponydirtman

Oh no you can’t go shooting cute little deer.
By all means I will let you shoot a bear if it attack’s you, but leave the deer alone.

By the way - what do you call a deer with no eyes?

.No idea
This is true, look it up if you like. more people are killed each year by deer than by snakes.
But that's not why I shot that deer.

Dec 12, 2013
yeah I hosed up....I had an opportunity to buy a single shot 50 cal Thompson Center black powder pistol for $50 and at the time I passed on it (was 1992) and cash was short......should have snagged it.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Why do you need to protect yourself in the store...do people run rpund with loaded guns in there? Or is that just normal for US? Also is it kinda normal for people to uprise against the govt. I thought it was meant to be non-violent? Its kinda sad that Martin Luther King Jr, who advocated non violence, and never carried any weapons, was shot and killed.

And always hearing about gun shootings from US. Like every week. Its like car crashes here when people drive too fast, and drink alcohol but they think its normal. Well tell that to the families that are in mourning over members that have died.
Also

A thing called sin and evil. It exists every where. If you had someone break into your home, threatened your children and began to try and beat you. Naturally most people fight back. Same mindset no matter where you are. Obviously your a woman and by genetic code and God designed your physically weaker than most men. Using your fists or fingernails isnt going to do much. But if you had a handgun then your odds of survivability are greater.

Our laws actually legally say the people can overthrow a tyrannical government. Peacefully is best but if it was to get too extreme the 2nd Amendment also allows for state militias that are groups of regular citizens to protect their state from a evil government. This is why guns are protected because throughout history you see what happens when any country is unarmed eventually the government with human nature becomes corrupt and begins to oppress the people into selfish submission.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Oh no, its just the begining of a gun control conspiracy, to prevent citizens uprising against the government. Can not take away weapons, but stop the purchase of ammo. If we had same laws in UK I would not be surprise if a malitia was formed and stage a coup to get Brexit through, as the weasals in House of Commons are doing everything they can to stop us leaving the EU. They even voted to take control from the Prime Minister. Disgusting.
If you could explain this to an American with no knowledge of Brexit and what is the reason why they want to leave the EU. What is your simplest answer?