Was Adam gay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smithbr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
There are a thousand posts and a thousand thread titles on here that are foolish and ridiculous!! I'm not gonna single anyone out and say their name, but I have read alot of rude and sarcastic posts on this thread. IMO, there are no stupid questions except for the ones that are NOT asked. I've seen some people on here ask more foolish questions than smithbr8 did. Every question posed on this site in the forums deserves an intelligent and informed answer, not snide remarks and sarcastic one-liners. Just sayin'.... I bet Jesus is doing a facepalm at most of you right now.

Not just on here with CC but I have always been the type to be afraid to ask questions due to rude, snarky remarks by people who look down on others. We don't know the person behind the username. If CC is a place for people to come together and understand the Bible and Jesus better, then we should do so lovingly. None of us has all the answers. All of us start as newbies, if you will. Let's go through this together. You're right about no question is a stupid question. I don't think Jesus would give a snarky, arrogant, or sarcastic reply to a question. Why should we?
 
He didn't seem to get very far in the New Testament,,,,,,,,, anyway Those that know Him hear His voice and follow Him,,,,,,,,,,,we all should act like Christians, but we are still human, like to have some fun sometimes, Take it with a grain of salt,,,,,,,,,,,, Unless it involves Jesus, Son of God, king of kings, Lord of Lords.
 
Im sorry smithbr8. I pray for your broken heart and spirit right now. I pray the lord leads you to a safe loving place for all your questions to be answered. Lord take this child who has been battered and bruised by a lost and dark world and show her your perfect love and peace that will heal her and give her hope.

Lord as you have been so kind, patient and loving to me I pray you show her that same kindness. Lead her beside your still waters and restore her to you Lord. Jesus you said when you are lifted up you will draw all people to you. We bless you that you are working lord in her. Thank you that you never give up on us Lord.

In Jesus name I pray

Amen
 
This is a bible forum. The way I understand it works is you read the bible and discuss it. You should first read your bible. There wouldn't be as many questions of this nature if you did.

You're right. This IS a bible forum. Where every type of question gets asked. The OP did state that she is re-reading the bible from the beginning, and she has some questions about how things happened. I think her question is a valid one, albeit an odd one. She was looking for some intelligent answers from us, and she received some good responses, along with sarcastic questions like "is the op an idiot"?. I mean, that's just rude and disrespectful. Then again this is the bible discussion forum, so alot of threads here are disrespectful and rude in their responses. We all have questions about the bible that we don't understand, so we ask them and get informed answers. Why cant the OP do the same without being ridiculed?
 
Only reason I ask this is because I'm re-reading the Bible and I'm at the very VERY beginning. It says that God made Adam first, then Eve from his rib. At least as far as I understand it. So, if Eve was made from the rib, wouldn't that mean that she had male parts, even if it's just a rib? Since Adam had sex with Eve to have Cain and Abel (at least I'm assuming they had sex. Were Cain and Abel also immaculate conception?) wouldn't that mean that Adam had sex with a person with male parts....well, part? I'm trying to put everything in the Bible into correct context and make sure I have no misunderstanding of it, but this part just struck me as odd.

I'm sorry you got mocked when you asked a question. It sounds like you have been listening to too much media, esp, those who try and normalize homosexuality. I want to tell you that I do understand that some people are gay, because we live in an imperfect and fallen world. I think there are many reasons for homosexuality, from the womb flooding with the wrong hormones at the wrong time, to abuse in childhood. That does not make it right, but it does acknowledge it exists.

The Bible says the following in English concerning the creation of Adam and Eve.

"Then God said, “Let us make man[SUP][h][/SUP] in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”[SUP]27 [/SUP]So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them." Gen. 1:16-27


The [h] above means the following: The Hebrew word for man (adam) (אדמ in Hebrew) is the generic term for humanity and becomes the proper name of Adam.

Verse 27 then uses the words male (זכר) and female (נקבה).

So please be very careful when you read the Bible to read all the verses, not just what you think it says. God created male and female. Adam was definitely not gay.

And if you think about it, they were created in a PERFECT form. So that means they could not have been created as homosexuals, which was a behaviour not even mentioned in the Bible for many generations, and is actually virtually unknown today in many countries, such as Cameroon. I know a man who was a medical missionary there for 25 years. He said he only met one gay man in the country, because culturally it was unknown. It makes me wonder how many people become "gay" simply because it is the media darling and fantasy these days!!
 
Question:
Was Adam gay?

Answer: Does a chicken have lips?

Only reason I ask this is because I'm re-reading the Bible and I'm at the very VERY beginning. It says that God made Adam first, then Eve from his rib. At least as far as I understand it. So, if Eve was made from the rib, wouldn't that mean that she had male parts, even if it's just a rib? Since Adam had sex with Eve to have Cain and Abel (at least I'm assuming they had sex. Were Cain and Abel also immaculate conception?) wouldn't that mean that Adam had sex with a person with male parts....well, part? I'm trying to put everything in the Bible into correct context and make sure I have no misunderstanding of it, but this part just struck me as odd.

^ As a better educated man than myself wrote:

"In Genesis 1:26-27 (and Genesis 5.1-2), the verbs "asa" and "bara" translate as "make" and "create" respectively to describe the beginning of man and woman. In this context, asa typically means to fashion an object from already existing materials. Apparently, Adam and Eve were shaped from an available substance or substances.

Genesis 2:7 adds details. This text says that God "formed the man from the dust of the ground." The Hebrew verb yasar means "to form," "to fashion," and to "produce," which is approximately synonymous with "asa." When used to describe God's creative work, yasar emphasizes the forming and shaping of the object. This word choice emphasizes that God created Adam using pre-existing materials but also made in God's image displaying unique characteristics distinct from those of all other creatures.

So while humanity shares physical qualities with animals, people stand alone in terms of their spiritual nature. "Bara," used both in Genesis 1:26-27 and Genesis 5:1-2 with reference to humanity's creation assert God's origination of something new. Modern humans stand apart from animals and hominids. Only humans concern themselves with morality, purpose, destiny, hope, questions about life and death and judgment after death, and questions about God's existence and character."

But back to your question:

"Whereas Adam was formed 'from the dust of the ground' (Gen 2:7), the text describes Eve as being formed from 'one of the man’s ribs.' Why this difference? Is there any significance to these two separate materials being used by God in the formation of the first human pair? If so, what is it? If not, why the distinction?

As Dr. Samuel Noah Kramer states, 'the Hebrew word for ‘rib’ [tsēlā˓] and that for ‘who makes alive’ [hoveh] have nothing in common.'

The point is that Genesis 2:19 had just noted the animals had also been formed "out of the ground" emphasizing that Adam lacked the kind of companion he needed.

In order to teach the close connection that woman has with man, the text does not say that God also created her from "the ground" or "the dust of the ground"; instead, she came from one of Adam’s ribs. Thus the phrase "bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh" pointed not only to the woman’s origin, but also to the closeness of her marriage relationship and the partnership she was to share with her mate.

It is not without significance that the Hebrew word for "rib" appears nowhere else with this meaning in the Hebrew Bible; its usual meaning is "side." Thus, as some of the Reformers put it, woman was not taken from man’s feet, as if she were beneath him, or from his head, as if she were over him, but from his side, as an equal with him.

Some have tried to relate "rib" to the space or cavity of the body of Adam on the strange assumption that man was originally bisexual. The attempt is then made to substitute the word for female sex organs in place of "rib." But this attempt is foiled from the start, for what will we make of "one of the man’s ribs"?

As Dr. Walter Kaiser stated, "The assertion is that man and woman together share a commonality and partnership observed nowhere else in the created order. To emphasize this closeness, God actually took a real part from the side of the man as he brought to life for the first time this new creation called woman."

Though we live in an increasingly "wicked" (e.g. immoral) generation that likes to project homosexuality at everything and everyone both past and present; that fact is that while Adam may have been "gay" (e.g. happy) at times: he was NEVER a homosexual or any variant thereof.
 
This person is obviously hurting.
Her OP was smoke compared to a deeper problem revealed in her profile...''''I want to be[saved], but unfortunately, never will be able to''....This is the issue that should be addressed.
 
Oh God. I just read her about in her profile. Oh lord only you know the depth of how deep the enemy has squashed this precious child's identity in you. Precious one you are not scum or worthless. You are worth more than you imagine. Lord reveal and draw her to you. Silence every voice that tells her different to who she is in you. Cover her with your wings and take every label from her that isnt of God. She matters to you and we need her as a healthy vibrant member of the body of Christ. Bring her to that place in you Lord where nothing matters but what you say she is and who she is in you.

We love you lord.

Amen
 
Last edited:
Lord not for our glory but for yours please have her come back so we can share your love with her.
 
Oh my.... please send her back Lord. Help us to reach out to her somehow. Please have your Holy Spirit work in her life. Show her how much she means to you and us.
 
You need to learn your genders!! The OP, smithbr8, is a WOMAN, hence the pink nickname. :) LOL.
My Bad :( Sorry about that! Interesting that I was prompted to go by the post# only. but choose not to.
I did check her profile for a clue. I missed the pink nickname though. Obviously Sherlock Holmes I am not.

Since I have not been doing my homework in regards to the thread starters and posters on CC.
I have not checked the age of this thread starter. Could it be that she was around in the days of Adam?
She made advances toward Adam. But Adam turned her down. She has been upset about that rejection to this day.
In seeking revenge. She now is insinuating that Adam may be Gay. That makes about 1/32 oz of sense to me. ;)
 
I'm waiting for the next generation threads, "Was John the Baptist a Courtesan?" "Was the Real Problem Noah Couldn't Swim?" "Israel in the Wilderness a Lesson on Paying AAA Dues?"

I am not sure about John the baptist. He did like water. I bet he is a very good swimmer. I am sure that he would have truly enjoyed doing some body surfing during the great flood if he was around during that time.

As far as Noah not choosing to swim. God had not created warm water yet. So hypothermia would have set in as Noah enjoyed floating on his back waiting for the floods to reside. That is why Noah had to build a boat to get out of the water.

Israel in the wilderness!..What a great way for God to show his Glory.
All of them years with the birds, the Bee's, the flowers and the tree's. What a wonderful time they must have had.
This was such a wonderful time for them that they wrote a song about it. Sad it took till the 60's to get the musical instruments to go along with the vocals of there song. :)