Was Adam Made Holy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Hi you one of the few people I have come across that speaks of the Lamb who was sacrificed. If you don’t mind tell me what you think about my understanding. Thanks.

the sheep fall and dying the die immediately spiritually with the flesh going through same process we do. Good Shepherd comes calls His sheep they hear and respond. The Lord gives them chance to confess they don’t. The Lamb is slain, the innocent for the guilty. They are covered with its blood. Adam and Eve learned where the sacrifice was to be made, same place Abraham and Isaac. What will later be known as the Mercy Seat Ark of the Covenat is set up angel on either end and Shekinah Glory the flaming Sword. They learned when it was to be offered. I believe Nisan 14 and this will all become what we know As The Passover when Israel is trapped in Egypt. Anyhow some of my thoughts on what I think is a passage far more important than we presently understand.

My sister forwarded that to me awhile ago. Enjoy. :giggle:

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Questions asked in my last thread "One Talent" were as the title
Was Adam made Holy and did he live there in Holiness
We know Adam fell, but did he live in holiness before his fall.

Request: In replying please do not attack personally or use extreme language
Please do not bring up hurts of the past with other members, leave bitterness
at the door. And for those with axes to grind, please focus on the discussion.

Remember if you bring up law then your answers and questions should reflect
that we are to love one another perfectly as God loves us.
We do not know the Bible does not say.... anyone's guess I suppose for fun....

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
yes i think it would be like Achan at Jericho.
I would like to hear your take on the end times. A little of mine.

church raptured.
Israel divides in to two kingdoms once again
the false prophet counterfeiting Elijah comes.
lying signs and wonders.
the big one bringing fire down from heaven. That fire a counterfeit of the Shekinah Glory, anti-christ here.
Fire from heaven for temple.

thats as short as I can keep it. Looking forward to your take on it.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
He believes the God portrayed in the OT is Satan.
That is not what I believe. What I do believe is that the God of the Old Testament was the pre-incarnate Jesus, while the Israelites for the most part followed and worshipped false satanic gods.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Yikes ... he has made no mention of this to me.
That is not true. The I AM is God over ALL things. Clearly, with their idol worship and human sacrifice the people worshipped another and Satan goes by various names.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
That is not true. The I AM is God over ALL things. Clearly, with their idol worship and human sacrifice the people worshipped another and Satan goes by various names.
Satan was in the garden, and God thrust the out. There you have it.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
As I say. They deserted the I AM, and as there is only one God, they basically turned to Satan.

2Ki 17:7-23 KJV
(7) For so it was, that the children of Israel had sinned against the LORD their God, which had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and had feared other gods,
(8) And walked in the statutes of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel, and of the kings of Israel, which they had made.

(9) And the children of Israel did secretly those things that were not right against the LORD their God, and they built them high places in all their cities, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city.
(10) And they set them up images and groves in every high hill, and under every green tree:
(11) And there they burnt incense in all the high places, as did the heathen whom the LORD carried away before them; and wrought wicked things to provoke the LORD to anger:

(12) For they served idols, whereof the LORD had said unto them, Ye shall not do this thing.
(13) Yet the LORD testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets, and by all the seers, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.
(14) Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the LORD their God.

(15) And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and they followed vanity, and became vain, and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the LORD had charged them, that they should not do like them.
(16) And they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal.
(17) And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
(18) Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

(19) Also Judah kept not the commandments of the LORD their God, but walked in the statutes of Israel which they made.
(20) And the LORD rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.

(21) For he rent Israel from the house of David; and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king: and Jeroboam drave Israel from following the LORD, and made them sin a great sin.
(22) For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they departed not from them;

(23) Until the LORD removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.

I

ieuan

God made a covenant with the OT saints
if they would follow His law and woship only Him
then He would be their God.

The Israelites boke this covenant throughout the ages but God remained faithful
even to the extent of sending the Redeemer, His own son as promised. The Jews
plotted and arranged for the Son to be killed, in doing so brought down a curse
on the Jews that has lasted 2000 years, they lost their temple, they lost their
land and they are alienated from God by despising His Son. God however will
bring them back, He will not cast off forever.

The tribes and people's surrounding the land of Irael were a poisoned people
they worshipped strange gods (note the small 'g') one god was worshipped by
burning children alive in fire, other temples had male and female prostitutes
like modern day India. As a result the people showed their sin in their faces,
eaten away with venereal disease. Their gods were rotten and this rottenness
showed in the faces of those peoples, even their chidlren inherited those
terrible diseases.

God's people were to be a holy people, no fornication, not adultary, no homosexual
pratices, no bestiality, no abortion. This holiness showed in their faces, they were
pure except for the curse of leprosy.

God's law still stands, be faithful to his laws which are common sense to keep us clean.
But human nature is so depraved since the fall we are always tempted by the flesh.
So bad is it that even ministers of religion smoked tobacco and could not see they
were destroying the temple of God. Some saw it and refrained. Any stimulant can
become a habit, and some can hold man in a fierce grip like alcholism.

Man isn't happy with bread, plain food, a little cheese, a little meat. Man always
is tempted to overeat, and die of heart failure.

I am that I am, or I am who I am is not God's name but an explanation of who God is.
God's name is known in His attributes: perfect holiness, Mercy, Power, Love, Grace etc etc.

No one can compare to God, Jesus is God the Son, the Spirit of God works in us,
the Father is not greater than the Son, none of the three greater than the other
all in perfect harmony sharing the same attributes, there is a distinction in
God between the three, but not separate, they are always one. Hear oh Israel
the Lord our God is One.

Amen

God must never ever be considered as Satan, impossible, that would be blasphemy.
The worst kind of blsasphemy, that I would report.

I

ieuan

I have not seen anything really bad between Whispered and others,

but look what I suggest when you don't agree is not to make it personal.
If you say, 'You ignored this or that', or 'Don't try to teach me.'
Those are personal statements,

try to make them impersonal, like, 'I see in Genesis this,'
or 'I wonder if you could consider the Masoretic text on this, I find it useful.'

That way is to avoid rage and accusations and counter accusations. :)

Magenta said she doubted we were all Christian in here.
Well, then we and they should behave as Christians. :)

PS

Jan 11, 2013

terrible diseases.

God's people were to be a holy people, no fornication, not adultary, no homosexual
pratices, no bestiality, no abortion. This holiness showed in their faces, they were

God's law still stands, be faithful to his laws which are common sense to keep us clean.
But human nature is so depraved since the fall we are always tempted by the flesh.
So bad is it that even ministers of religion smoked tobacco and could not see they

Man isn't happy with bread, plain food, a little cheese, a little meat. Man always

I am that I am, or I am who I am is not God's name but an explanation of who God is.
God's name is known in His attributes: perfect holiness, Mercy, Power, Love, Grace etc etc.

the Father is not greater than the Son, none of the three greater than the other
the Lord our God is One.

Amen

God must never ever be considered as Satan, impossible, that would be blasphemy.
That was 2000 years ago and then God made a New Covenant with us.

PS

Jan 11, 2013

terrible diseases.

the Lord our God is One.

Amen

Nothing to do with following His law, it is impossible to keep, so instead He wiped our sins away on the cross.

PS

Jan 11, 2013

terrible diseases.

the Lord our God is One.

Amen

Trouble is, most people put the things of the earth first, and Satan is the god of this world.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
New Testament, not covenant. There is a difference.
We have the New Testament, that is true but it is the New Covenant that brings us closer to God.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
We have the New Testament, that is true but it is the New Covenant that brings us closer to God.
The New Testament brings us to God through the death of Christ. A testament is not of force until the testator is dead. God made a covenant with Israel, a promise of land and blessings. The law is the Old Testament which required the death of animals. A covenant can be in force without death.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
The New Testament brings us to God through the death of Christ. A testament is not of force until the testator is dead. God made a covenant with Israel, a promise of land and blessings. The law is the Old Testament which required the death of animals. A covenant can be in force without death.
The New Testament is the New Covenant. Have a look on the page before Matthew begins. And, the New Covenant is for all people.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
New Testament, not covenant. There is a difference.
The two words actually mean exactly the same thing.

However, in general usage, "new testament" refers to the collection of first-century writings, while "new covenant" refers to the covenant God makes with believers in Jesus' blood.

So we Christians have both.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The two words actually mean exactly the same thing.

However, in general usage, "new testament" refers to the collection of first-century writings, while "new covenant" refers to the covenant God makes with believers in Jesus' blood.

So we Christians have both.
Testaments are not in force until the testator dies. Covenants are in force through words. God makes many covenants throughout the OT Scriptures, Adam, Noah, Abraham, David, etc.

Hebrews 9
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.