your response is a clear indication that you have never been exposed to a solid godly marriage.
I've been exposed enough to your idolatry of marriage. The only solid godly marriage is between God's only son and his church. And human marriage is corruptible on the other hand.
Would to God you would study God's Word concerning the truth of the marital relationship as opposed to the "human institution of marriage".
You know more about the "human institution of marriage" compared to the very little you know about what God established for the husband and wife. smh
The truth of that is God's eternal bond between Lord Jesus and his church, anything else is a poor imitation. Do you understand the marriage with Jesus? As his bride? I don't think you do, 'cause Lord Jesus doesn't seem enough to you, his death of the cross doesn't seem enough to you, you have to seek validation from a husband, and you couldn't shut up about it.
My relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is well tended to, Lovette. And, believe it or not, my husband had a very fine, strong relationship with the Lord ... even while gasp married!!!
So is my relationship with him. He shed his precious blood to wash away my sins, I don't need a virgin's precious blood added on to that.
disagree concerning "no divorce under any circumstance".
agree concerning singleness.
agree concerning marriage is not for everyone.
That's the word of God, explicitly stated.
Now to the married I command,
yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from
her husband. But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to
her husband. And a husband is not to divorce
his wife. (1. Cor. 7:10-11)
A husband can be yoked to the Lord Jesus Christ ... a wife can be yoked to the Lord Jesus Christ ... and both can serve the Lord Jesus Christ as God has intended in His Word.
Being in a marriage with both spouses committed to the Lord is not putting oneself "back in chains".
You don't know if both spouses are committed to the Lord, that's just your wishful thinking. You can only commit yourself to the Lord, salvation is not and cannot be forced upon.
And God tells us in 1 Peter 2:13-17 that we are to "Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake" ... so long as the ordinance of man is not in conflict with God's Word.
What if when it is in conflict with God's word? Concerning the same sex marriage ruling?
I am speaking truth concerning marriage.
You're speaking of a false idol.
That you refuse to believe what I have told you does not equal me "speaking sanctimoniously concerning marriage" ... nor does it mean I "decline to acknowledge that marriage is for all mankind". I have already acknowledged that "marriage is NOT for everyone" ... despite your denial that I acknowledge marriage is not for everyone.
As long as you're harping on "godly marriage" among "equally yoked Christians", you're asserting that as the only true acceptable form of marriage; all other forms of marriage, in other countries and cultures, are essentially a fraud, a failure.
Speaking the truth of God's Word concerning marriage is not an "obsession with marriage" ... it is an "obsession with" the truth of God's Word ... "despite your denial".
The truth of God's Word is that celibacy is a gift, "he who does not give in marriage does BETTER," 1 Cor. 7:38.
Nope, I'm still talking about the marriage relationship established by God ... which you deny. You are so dead set against marriage that you cannot even submit to the truth of God's Word concerning the relationship He established. Is marriage for everyone? No. Can marriage be a blessing to both spouses? Yes.
There's no promise of a "spouse" from God in the first place. I ask you again, if you never had the opportunity to meet anybody, while everybody else around you seem to have their luck, would you still worship God? Do you worship God FOR his blessing - or do you worship him DESPITE the lack of his blessing?
I submit to God just as I am and the life I've been living in as a testimony of His truth. Hoever anybody else lives is not of my business.
... under that logic ...
since the world does not believe God created the heavens and the earth ... does that mean the big bang theory is true?
since the world does not believe the Lord Jesus Christ is Lord of all ... does that mean the Lord Jesus Christ is not Lord of all?
Is the world involved in marriage? Does the government, which doesn't believe in either Lord Jesus Christ, Creation or God's original design for marriage, still have the power to issue marriage certificate? Did you use the world's service to find a husband, host wedding and enjoy other benefits?
All your attempts to infer that the Lord Jesus Christ "portrayed marriage in a negative way", have miserably failed.
Only as negative as the Sadducees' ridiculous hypothesis. You're thinking just like them, you're holding onto things of this world, you have no faith in resurrection, where there's no marriage.
And you still don't understand the difference between idolatry of marriage and marriage itself.