Was sex Adam and Eve part of the curse

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Lovette said:
“A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, ‘Come, for all things are now ready.’ 18 But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.’ And another said, ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.’ Still another said, ‘I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.’​

reneweddaybyday said:
Yeah, that sounds like more of your "worldly institution" view of marriages.​
For all the times you have said you're talking about the "worldly institution" of marriage, I have responded that I am not speaking of your "worldly institution" of marriage.​

You keep comparing the "worldly institution" with what God has established and thereby you reveal yourself to be clothed as the emperor to which you refer.
As long as it requires a certificate from a worldly government and involves countless world services, it's a worldly institution. You can call it godly when your marriage is certifid by the church.

reneweddaybyday said:
Both husband and wife can be bound to Christ, and be married, and serve the Lord without distraction.​
​
Do you really expect me to believe that there are married couples sitting in your church and not one of them is committed to the Lord Jesus Christ???​

I believe what Jesus taught concerning marriage.

I also believe that if singles want to be married, that should not be barred. My only caution would be that believers should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. But if a believe is married to an unbeliever, the believer should remain married and if the unbeliever wants to depart, let them depart.
Your belief is contrary to Paul's. "it is good for a man to remain as he is: Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife."
reneweddaybyday said:
The word "trouble" in 1 Corinthians 7:28 is translated from the Greek word thlipsis which means pressure.​
​
Do you know, Lovette, that we serve a God Who promises that nothing shall separate us from the love of Christ and that includes "tribulation" (Greek = thlipsis) (Romans 8:35-39)? ... and that God comforts us in all our tribulations (Greek = thlipsis) so that we may be able to comfort others who are in any trouble (Greek = thlipsis) (2 Corinthians 1:4)?​

As long as you compare what God has established concerning marriage with your "worldly marriage", you will never understand marriage as God intended.
As long as it requires a certificate from a worldly government and involves countless world services, it's a worldly institution, "established by God" is your emperor's new clothes.
 
Nothing wrong with marriage. Again, not everyone has to marry. Lovette, why are you so angry? You’re kind of raging a little over this.
Because it's idolatry, that's wrong - worship of marriage, large from conservative political agenda, not the word of God.
 
reneweddaybyday said:
nope ... I know from personal experience because my husband and I were already in relationship when his cousin witnessed to us and brought us to the Lord Jesus Christ.​
​
Are you born again, Lovette? If so, then you know the change that occurs in a person's life.​

Nope.

Maybe you're not born again so you do not know about the change that occurs within natural man when he or she is born again.

That is fact ... not anecdotal but, again, maybe you do not know of the change God brings about at the time one is born again.
You don't know that being born again is being married to the Lord. "One who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him," 1 Cor. 6:17.
reneweddaybyday said:
What are you going on about? In our day and time, kids live with their parents after they reach adulthood and you call that "medieval"? Our daughter lived at home until she was married. Our oldest son lived at home until he was married. That is not a "medieval" practice, Lovette.​

nope ... I clarified your misinterpretation of what is written in 1 Corinthians 7:36-38:

The only tragedy is your obsession with marriage, despite your denial.​
​
Speaking the truth of God's Word concerning marriage is not an "obsession with marriage" ... it is an "obsession with" the truth of God's Word ... "despite your denial".​
​
The truth of God's Word is that celibacy is a gift, "he who does not give in marriage does BETTER," 1 Cor. 7:38.​
​
1 Corinthians 7:37-38 refer to a father who has a daughter ...​
​
Yeah, so a woman just a piece of property to be traded at her father's will? Which century are you living in, medieval?​
​
What are you going on about? In our day and time, kids live with their parents after they reach adulthood and you call that "medieval"? Our daughter lived at home until she was married. Our oldest son lived at home until he was married. That is not a "medieval" practice, Lovette.​

I said if a father gives his daughter in marriage, he does not sin and if he keeps his daughter with him, he does well.

You're so hellbent on your "worldly institution" of marriage that you cannot receive the truth of God's Word.
Then I ask you again, which century are you living in, where a man can give his daughter away like a piece of property?

reneweddaybyday said:
sigh … we're speaking of marriage, Lovette. If there is a marriage, there are two spouses. I guess you haven't ferreted that out yet have you, Sherlock?​

:rolleyes: ... would you ever refer to a single man as a "husband"? ... or a single woman as a "wife"?

And your "IDOLATRY" is wholly on your part as you're the one who keeps equating the "worldly institution" of marriage with what God established.
We're all born single, that's the default status for all. No one is entitled to a partner dropped from the sky waiting for you to pick up when you come of age.

Here's the discussion, Lovette:

I ask you again, if you never had the opportunity to meet anybody, while everybody else around you seem to have their luck, would you still worship God?​
​
yes.​
​
Liar.​
​
I am not married now and I worship God. My husband worshipped God while he was alive. I worshipped God while he was alive. We also gasp worshipped God together.​
​
That's your busines which I asked nothing about.​

Just clarifying who is the one who is the “liar”.
When did I ask anything about your late husband? I'm sorry for your loss, but keep it to yourself.
Oh, really? You might want to reconsider your error.
Really, Lord Jesus never married.
reneweddaybyday said:
You don't believe now, even though you have been shown from God's Word ... you hold the world in higher esteem than God's Word.​
​
Trying to explain to you the marriage relationship established by God is like trying to explain to an unbeliever that peace with God is not the same as cessation of conflict in the world. The believer is afforded peace through the Lord Jesus Christ in the midst of conflict.​

Well, we do have an adversary who walks about seeking whom he may devour and the believer is empowered to endure.
Yeah, an adversary who drags innocent people down to endure with him what he himself deserves.
reneweddaybyday said:
We weren't talking about the sadducees. We were talking about the Olivet Discourse. You keep bringing the sadducees into the Olivet Discourse, but the sadduccees were not there. Jesus was answering questions asked of him by His disciples (Matthew 24:3 “And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately,saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”​
​
The disciples came to Jesus privately ... there were no sadducees, pharisees, chief priests, scribes, elders involved in the discussion.​
​
And, I again clarify ... I do not worship marriage, I worship God Who established the marriage relationship.​

Do you now agree that the sadducees were not present during the Olivet Discourse?
Do you now agree that the Lord warned about being distracted by world things - such as mariage - and ignoring the signs of his coming in the Olivet Discourse?
reneweddaybyday said:
Nope. The mention of "eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage" refers to the every day goings on in life. Jesus would have used terms such as gluttony and drunkenness if He had meant "excessive eating and drinking".​

You and I are not in agreement on this point ... best you let it go.
Then let it go.
The joining of Adam and Eve was a one-time event ... just as what happened to Paul on the road to Damascus. Do you insist that if a born again believer did not have the same experience Paul had on the road to Damascus they are not born again?
Then why was Gen. 2:24 quoted again in Matt. 19:31 and Eph. 5:31? Do you insist that marriage is established by God? Then follow God's design in Gen. 2. If it was a one-time event, then marriage was only godly for one time.
The marriage covenant entered into between husband and wife does not mean they are "taking the Lord's name in vain". That error is all yours.

.
The error is yours by justifying worldly marriage done in a modern, worldly way as "godly".
 
It is folly for you to equate the "world prescribed" marriage with the marriage relationship God established.

.
As long as marriage requires a certificate from a worldly government and involves countless world services, it's a worldly institution.
 
Correcting your misinterpretation of Scripture is not "lying".
The misinterpretation is all yours, you deliberately omitted Gen. 2:18 and 2:22 which lead to the "therefore" in 2:24.
Already explained to you ...
No, I explained to YOU. You lied by omission.
Says the one who holds to the "worldly institution" of marriage. Good luck with that.

.
Says the one who'd been swamped for decades in that worldly institution.
 
It is folly for you to equate the "world prescribed" marriage with the marriage relationship God established.

.
Says she who cares about the things of the world.

I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord. But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife. There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband. And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction. 1 Cor. 7:32-35.