WE PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
"We preach Christ crucified."

"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world."
One of my pet peeves is this representation of the Crucifixion is wrong. The nails were not driven through the palm of his hand but through the wrist which in Greek is part of the hand. Put in the hand like that they would eventually rip through the soft flesh and the person would fall forward being held by his feet. Also the nails in the feet were driven through the side of the feet. Archaeological digs of men who were crucified prove these facts. Many times the nails in the feet were left in place since it went through the bone.

Sep 3, 2016
Jesus said Judas was not clean, and called him a son of perdition, doomed to destruction. Pretty clear that Judas was not saved :)
Matthew 26:24-25 King James Version (KJV)

24 The Son of Man goeth as it is written of Him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

25 Then Judas, which betrayed Him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, You have said.

Jan 17, 2013
One of my pet peeves is this representation of the Crucifixion is wrong. The nails were not driven through the palm of his hand but through the wrist which in Greek is part of the hand. Put in the hand like that they would eventually rip through the soft flesh and the person would fall forward being held by his feet. Also the nails in the feet were driven through the side of the feet. Archaeological digs of men who were crucified prove these facts. Many times the nails in the feet were left in place since it went through the bone.
Yeah, it was probably a common misconception that's been reflected in art throughout the ages. We've known this for a long time. It doesn't somehow invalidate anything though, and we've all known for decades about this misconception, and I don't let it bother me one way or the other nor get in the way of what the art is projecting. So the artists weren't also archeologists. I got over it decades ago.

Dec 9, 2011
John 14:4-7
King James Version(KJV)

4.)And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5.)Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6.)JESUS saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7.)If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
+++
JESUS said that HE was the way,a man would have to be perfect like JESUS to make It In and since no man can be perfect In their own strength no one could make It In unless they believe In the WORD of GOD which was manifested In the flesh that the apostles actually touched.

The truth Is GOD was In CHRIST redeeming the world.

JESUS said no one can come to the father but by ME.

Dec 9, 2011

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What does Brother Paul mean when he says, "...we preach Christ Crucified,..." (1 Cor. 1:23)?
That means the Father gave his son Jesus to die on the cross for the remission of sins that are contritely confessed, leading to the Holy Spirit living inside those that are forgiven, to comfort and guide in their spiritual journey.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
:)I think MessageOfTheCross was saying that he (judas) was saved at one time.
Hmmm, well, I have not read the whole thread, nor am I about to. However, this issue as to whether or not Judas was saved has come up before, when really, as far as I am concerned, there is no question about it, according to the very words of Jesus. :cool:

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
:)I think MessageOfTheCross was saying that he (judas) was saved at one time.
You ignore what Jesus said about those saved.

John 10 NIV
24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Dec 9, 2011
Hmmm, well, I have not read the whole thread, nor am I about to. However, this issue as to whether or not Judas was saved has come up before, when really, as far as I am concerned, there is no question about it, according to the very words of Jesus.:cool:
:)I agree but as I read along each post In this thread I saw MessageOfTheCross’s post and I was telling you what I thought he was saying and not that I was agreeing with what he said.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
:)I agree but as I read along each post In this thread I saw MessageOfTheCross’s post and I was telling you what I thought he was saying and not that I was agreeing with what he said.
Yes, I understood that :) Still, thank you for clarifying :D

K

Karraster

Psalm 69:28
28May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.
Revelation 3:5 5The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Seems to me that every name is written in the Book of Life, that is, until it is blotted out.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Psalm 69:28
28May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.
Revelation 3:5 5The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Seems to me that every name is written in the Book of Life, that is, until it is blotted out.
May I suggest you consider the following:

Revelation 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Revelation 17:8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

Revelation 20:15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.