Web Based churches

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Are we not human? Have we "arrived"?

If Paul had not, I would wager none of us have. Which means we must be open to the fact that we may be in error in some way.

I know I certainly haven't arrived. Sanctification is an interesting process :p

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
He’s a troll. Claims Biblical knowledge yet put an S in Revelation. smh.
Slim chance he could have been referring to Paul's[?] experience??... in...

2 Corinthians 12:7 [verse 1 also] -

"and the surpassingness of the revelations [plural]. Therefore, that I should not become conceited, a thorn in my flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan, that he might buffet me, so that I should not become conceited."

lol

:unsure:

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Oops, forgive me... lol... I forgot not to talk (er, to not talk, I mean!)

Yeah, if "internet church" was all I could have, I wouldn't like it as well... :D (I would do it if that literally was ALL that was available... like, if all churches were shut down, or whatever)

[*slowly backing out of this thread :D ]

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Hebrews 10:25 KJV
[25] Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is ; but exhorting one another : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Is this not in reference to a local, visible gathering of the saints?

Assemble as per Cambridge is

to come together in a single place or bring parts together in a singlegroup:

Part of the assembling is to partake the Lords Supper, including water baptism over converts or candidates. With web-based church isl this possible?

What do you think?

Thanks again.

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Is this not in reference to a local, visible gathering of the saints?

Assemble as per Cambridge is

to come together in a single place or bring parts together in a singlegroup:

Part of the assembling is to partake the Lords Supper, including water baptism over converts or candidates. With web-based church isl this possible?

What do you think?

Thanks again.
Ofcourse not. 😂😂😂😂. Definitely would require one leaving technology alone. Lol

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Appreciate all who kept this thread about web based churches today 😊😊😊✝️ God bless you

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Galatians 5:16 KJV
[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
We all in this group believe that God uses the web to reach the lost and hurting and unreachable. But those he has called he has called for a purpose. Not to just sit but to move with action. Amen @ whole group
You are saying as if the lost and hurting and unreachable don't use the internet. But that's actually most likely where they will go nowadays. You seem judgmental of other believer' spiritual lives for no cause other than they are Ok with using web based church. I even explained on thread I couldn't drive I moved to another continent and can't go to church right now. Sorry for hitting a zzZzZz but it's hard to resist when people use the Scriptures to push private views on something.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You are saying as if the lost and hurting and unreachable don't use the internet. But that's actually most likely where they will go nowadays. You seem judgmental of other believer' spiritual lives for no cause other than they are Ok with using web based church. I even explained on thread I couldn't drive I moved to another continent and can't go to church right now. Sorry for hitting a zzZzZz but it's hard to resist when people use the Scriptures to push private views on something.
He's not likely to respond; his privileges have been suspended, according to a moderator's post in another thread.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
i say its positive if done right. as you said elderly and shutins and disabled people its good for them. its also good for people in countries like saudi arabia or some areas in europe where there are no biblical churches.

just dont use it as excuse not to attend if you can go to a real human biblical church i say
Correct...there are some "church rebels" who won't attend services because they don't get along well with others, or they hold a weird theology that they expect everyone else to accept..or they are still waiting for the "true church" that conforms to their understanding of the Bible in every respect...not a valid excuse.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Correct...there are some "church rebels" who won't attend services because they don't get along well with others, or they hold a weird theology that they expect everyone else to accept..or they are still waiting for the "true church" that conforms to their understanding of the Bible in every respect...not a valid excuse.
I've met many people who didn't attend a church regularly, but in every other respect (that I could assess) were solid Christians. The common thread among them was that they had received abusive treatment from church leaders. A few were oversensitive and needed to deal with their own issues, but many had undergone nasty experiences.