Weekend!!! How to enjoy?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
My weekends are the same as weekdays since March. Hospital, home, hospital, home, appointments with a GP, tests.... Mostly sitting in the room, watching some sermons, reading the Bible and doing some music if it's possible.... Very boring 🙂
 
I think churches have a type of person they're designed for but that type is heavily influenced by culture. Those of us who don't fit that type find church difficult or all work and little getting back. Doesn't mean we should quit but it does mean that for many of us who've been in church for a while it's not been all the front of house propoganda makes it out to be. Also it's possible that for some of us we've been in church so long that the benefits of church have blended into our expectations of normal and are harder for us to see.
very interesting & i'll say, ingenious to think of. sure, every church has its characteristics, attitude & personality. concerning the benefits of church, i was thinking that that's what breeds boredom. commonplace sermons quickly get boring. & for someone always looking for the best, higher expectations are distant.
 
Big norester around here. No outdoor activities, except shopping, gym.

Can't believe 1000 thread count 100 percent cotton existed. Whoopee!

Things are so expensive these days!

Minimalist, way to go.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
I must have missed this thread

Saturdays depend on the weather, if its fine, do laundry, hang it out, then I go out, often to community garden if I don't have any other garden club trips planned, might see a friend and have morning tea/catch up in cafe...maybe grocery shopping for fresh food, then prepare dins if family coming over. If going out in evening, maybe. a party, or karaoke, or a show.

Sunday, is market day, and sometimes if lucky, yum cha. Afternoons are lazy read a book/nap time. Often visitors will visit around this time. Or go visit other family. Church I will go if invited, but its not a regular thing anymore for me. I fall asleep in sermons and also, they tend to be the same after you've gone a couple of years.

Weekday fellowship hanging out with christians is better for me than sitting in a pew on the weekend.

I'm glad I no longer have to work on the weekends, but I did used to work a day or a shift on either Saturday or Sunday. Saturdays are busy, Sundays at work is kind of chill. But also boring if nothing much to do. I now love sleeping in on the weekend and not obligated to go anywhere. I can go at my own pace instead of being scheduled/ timetabled/rostered with everyone else.

People used to ask me at church on Sunday how's work and I would say I don't know...I don't have to work today!
 
Also....it is traditional in my country to have a Sunday Roast. Or bbqs on the weekend outside in summer.
On the weekend, the food is better! The seafood is fresh, as are the veges at the market, and the fruit you've just picked.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
So far took dog to park, did laundry, put the brush pile through the chipper and continued mulching along the house, then put in a little flower bed and chopped back some bushes. Later there will be a bonfire and I may go to the beach. And tomorrow is afternoon tea with some ladies from church.
 
what's it made of? is it rare? remember a lesson i teach people: RPQC! Rarity, Provenance, Quality, Condition.
Glass.
Rare or not i don't know, there are many glass birds in internet, similar, they all claim murano, but mine has no marking at all.
I almost gave it away. But found out it is from family long ago. I figure i should ask immediate family first.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
Glass.
Rare or not i don't know, there are many glass birds in internet, similar, they all claim murano, but mine has no marking at all.
I almost gave it away. But found out it is from family long ago. I figure i should ask immediate family first.
murano is big money, potentially. check heritage auctions, eBay, deal or no deal, etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Churchgoer
Enjoy the beautiful autumn 🍂 weekend!!!
Pack up the days with good activities, dancing, social with friends, cooking, eating, pastor ordination, tennis of course....
Happy weekend happy church days!
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Shoot stuff. Blow stuff up. Maybe catch a fish. Whats not to enjoy?
we did all 3! we used to shoot each other with bb & pellet guns! we would blow up cans & barrels with cherry bombs & half sticks. we also used to spear chucking for sucker fish during spring season.
 
I'll just post what I used to do. I don't really do anything on weekends anymore, not even hobbies, except sing on my karaoke app once in awhile.

I used to drive to the beach and ride my bike then go boogieboarding, sometimes until the sun went down. Much of that time was spent just wading in the water enjoying the feeling of being in the ocean. Watching the sunset at the beach is beautiful.

Some weekends I'd drive to Newport Beach where my favorite outdoor shopping mall is and I would visit the bookstore there and grab a bite at the food court. They have a beautiful koi pond and a couple of fine art galleries too. I'd go there after a short scenic drive along Pacific Coast Highway.
1791624912454.png

I also used to drive to LAX airport and watch the planes takeoff and land while taking pictures. There is an In N Out restaurant right by the end of the north runways where you can have a nice burger and watch the planes fly overhead very low.

I used to do photography at the beach too. There is a secluded beach where I used to take pictures. Here's one of my favorites. You can see a tiny person in the foreground. It was taken from the trail leading down to the beach.

crystlcove.jpg