Welcome to the CC Singles Forum Pizza Party!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am offended! What about the people here with dairy allergies? No provision is made for us in this cheese-fest.

*Lynx flips over the room, stomps out the door and slams the table...

*No wait, Lynx flips over the door, slams the room and stomps out the table...

*No I got it now, Lynx slams the door, flips over the table and stomps out of the room. Right. There we go.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Mel -- Those are definitely some unique topping choices! :) I'd have to skip the mayo but I'd definitely be down for trying some of the apricot sauce.

Oh, and Lynx -- *Seoulsearch peels the cheese right off the pizza.* There you go, Mr. Dairy Intolerant. See how easy that was? :LOL: I didn't even have to exhaust myself by flipping over doors and tables. :cool: You're welcome. :)

I just realized I never answered the questions:

What kind of pizza would we have?
* Thin crust seems to be the popular choice, but I like good old-fashioned deep dish or hand-tossed. If I'm gonna carb it up, I'm going for the gusto! Favorite pizza chains are Pizza Hut and Papa John's, but I also love frozen pizzas like Tombstone and Tostino's (I'm generally not super picky.)

What kind of toppings?
* Double mushrooms and pepperoni, hands down! :p I like a few other vegetables (EXCEPT olives), as long as they don't take over then entire pizza. And I don't really like sausage, so I'll leave that for all the more aggressive carnivores.

Would you bring a date?
* I thought I had 3 single friends I could bring to introduce to other people, but I just found out one is seeing someone, so now I'm down to only have 2 friends I can volunteer for the cause.
Unfortunately, my Grandpa is busy this Saturday--I already checked. He has a date (I'm actually not kidding about this.) Obviously, my Grandpa is cooler than I am!

Where should we have this big shenanigan?
* I loved the Little Mermaid's idea of a big beach party... That would definitely be my next choice. However, I'm going to have to go with somehow trying to throw this bash at Oncefallen's house (whether or not he knows about it :)). I'm just wondering how I can sneak past having to get that approved first... :)

Great answers everyone, and I hope people will continue to post! :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh, and Lynx -- *Seoulsearch peels the cheese right off the pizza.* There you go, Mr. Dairy Intolerant. See how easy that was? :LOL: I didn't even have to exhaust myself by flipping over doors and tables. :cool: You're welcome. :)
What? Ewwww! What's a pizza without cheese? It's wet bread. No thanks.

And as near as I can figure I'm not lactose intolerant - I'm just plain allergic. I don't get all the normal symptoms, I just get a lot of sinus crud.

But when I feel like getting pizza and I want pizza more than I care about sneezing and sniffling... I go to a certain local store and get a large supreme with extra, extra, extra cheese. And I ask them to cook it well done, so the cheese on top is a dark brown.

Now if somebody else is buying the pizza, that's different. Free pizza I will take without even looking at the toppings. :cool:

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
1. What Kind of Pizza Would We Have?

D. Homemade.
Not really into fast food type pizza.

2. What Kinds of Topping Should We Get?

A. Sausage/Pepperoni/Bacon (carnivorous.)
That sounds about right.

3. Would You Bring a Date?

E. Other--Who would you like to ask if you could? Or, do you feel comfortable just attending by yourself?
Probably no one, as they wouldn't know anyone here. But if TV's Ron Swanson were available, I would probably bring him. I can't think of anyone who would enjoy meat topped pizza more than he would.

4. At What Location Should We Host This All-Out Wing Ding?

A. In my church's basement.
Not into meeting strangers in a basement, no matter the location.

B. At a hotel conference room.
As good as any place.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
This is the problem you run into with groups of people ordering pizza together, can't ever get the toppings correct. I of course would prefer meat lovers, but then we run into issues about how many, and what kind. Then you got those jerks who scream about having to have veggie pizza, cause somehow it is healthier. That is ridiculous. Putting green peppers, onions, and olives on a pizza doesn't make it healthier. There is nothing you can put on a pizza to make it healthier. It's a big slab of carbohydrates waiting to make ones butt expand.
And then these veggie jerks insist we order an equal amount of veggie to meat pizzas. They think I'm immature for liking meat on a pizza, and refusing the veggies. Next thing you know, the little buttholes are like, hey I'm going to get a slice of that piggy pie to try it out. In the end, Mr. And Ms. Veggie Tales have eaten up all the meat pizza, leaving just the veggies. No thanks.
This is why I campaign for a constitutional amendment that Pepperoni is the universal topping. When 3 or more are gathered, the pizza topping shall be pepperoni. If you don't like pepperoni, it's easy to pluck off and make it a cheese pizza.

I'm fine with the pizza coming from anywhere but Domino's. They changed their recipe several years ago, and I don't like changing the way my food taste.

I'll probably take Silly with me, or go alone, and see who I can leave with.

I was just thinking, why not have this party at a museum conference room. See some cool artifacts while we're at it.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Chorizo, mild green chilis and jack. Served cryspy crust they're called flying saucers in San Diego.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Chorizo, mild green chilis and jack. Served cryspy crust they're called flying saucers in San Diego.
I'm going to give you a pass, because apparently you're in California.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have to admit, Tommy has a good point about pepperoni. If you don't like pepperoni it's one topping that is very easy to take off.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
1. Pizza hut
2. One of every kind (so everyone is happy)
3. I'm riding solo
4. At a cabin deep in the woods where no body can hear the scre... I mean anywhere is cool with me ;)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'm going to give you a pass, because apparently you're in California.
I like Hawaiian pizzas too. Were ethnicly diverse. Was from California is the term now. It got too expensive. Ya ever had civiche, mexican sushi on a tostada?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Oh, wood fired pizza w/shredded chicken and don't forget veggie stromboli. Its like a huge hot pocket w/marinara sauce.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
At What Location Should We Host This All-Out Wing Ding?
At Oncefallen’s house. I’ve always wanted to know how Wolves entertain.
Are you sure about that? Wolves tend to have uninvited guests for dinner. :eek:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I vote La Jolla Shores, we can watch the the Surfing Dolphins, but bring an umbrella to help keep the sand and salt out of our food.
I'll bring the gatoraide!

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Well, I've had this thread idea floating around for a while and this is the 3rd time I've tried to write it--let's see if the 3rd time really is the charm.

In the old system, the polls would allow you to create 40 different answers that I would sometimes use to create a multi-question poll in which people could just vote for their answers--the current system only allows for something like 10 poll answers, so I am going to try writing this out as a regular thread instead.

It's going to be a little more work because people will have to type out or copy/paste the questions and answers, but hey, let's give it a try! :)

People have often talked about how much fun a real-life CC meetup would be... So in the meantime, how about a virtual pizza party instead? Everyone is welcome to answer, including our married friends who visit us here. I'm going to include a few pre-written answers (just like with a poll) to get the ball rolling and give people some ideas. Feel free to choose any or all of the answers on this list or go ahead and give your own!

If We Threw a Pizza Party in Singles:

1. What Kind of Pizza Would We Have?
A. Pizza Hut.
B. Domino's.
C. Little Caesar's.
D. Homemade.
E. Other (I know there are a hundred different choices--tell us what you like and why in your post!)

2. What Kinds of Topping Should We Get?
A. Sausage/Pepperoni/Bacon (carnivorous.)
B. Onions/Peppers/Mushrooms (herbivorous.)
C. Things That Should NEVER Be Seen on a Pizza! (Pineapple, Anchovies, etc.) Just kidding!! Tell us about a more unusual topping that you happen to like!
D. Other (tell us about YOUR favorite combinations, even if all you like is just plain cheese!)

3. Would You Bring a Date?
A. Yes, my spouse (for our married friends.) :)
B. Yes--my boyfriend/girlfriend.
C. Yes--I just have to bribe someone into going by telling them there's free pizza.
D. Yes--Does my Grandma/cousin count? Does anyone know what she/he is doing next Saturday?
E. Other--Who would you like to ask if you could? Or, do you feel comfortable just attending by yourself? (Don't feel bad about it--many of us would show up alone -- Seoulsearch raises her hand -- and would be ok with that.) :)

4. At What Location Should We Host This All-Out Wing Ding?
A. In my church's basement.
B. At a hotel conference room.
C. At Oncefallen's house. (Err... I mean... Oops! How did this answer get here? Hopefully it will be overlooked during the approval process...) :D
D. Other--where else would you like to see our pizza party held?

All right folks, I'm going to try to keep it simple for now. All answers--both serious and funny are welcome. Depending on how it goes, we might even be able to start other spin-off threads in the future!

Let's have some fun with this and see where it goes! :)
Heres my answrers

Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care

Oh yeah..dont care

Date? Possibly

Be held..not sure ..chicgoland is famous for thier deep dish pizza but if we are MAKING them..:)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Heres my answrers

Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care

Oh yeah..dont care

Date? Possibly

Be held..not sure ..chicgoland is famous for thier deep dish pizza but if we are MAKING them..:)
I once took a short, [1hr] class on nutrition and thy said for a single food item a combo pizza was about the healthiest. Think dairy, veggies, protien and carbs. That's my kind of health food. except no anchovies on it. I'd rather have a Ceaser salad/baby spinach.