well guys... hear me out

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
It's not easy being a moderator. I was one at another site when I first came online and will never do it again.

Personally, I think that we have one who is here more than you think. Or two. :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well the mod whoever it was got rid of a scammer messaging me, so good job whoever it was:)

W

wwjd_kilden

You're from Texas, right?

Hehe
I've been asked by two Norwegians and one Scot if I'm American
This is the first time I've been asked if I'm from Texas though :D

I wish I was, I hate the cold!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I'd be a mod if I got paid for it XD Heck I wish I could do art stuff for Robo freelance.

S

Susanna

Hehe

You said you were from a funky time zone, so I figured you had to be from Texas. LOL.

K

kaylagrl

i think. we need a new moderator
someone ACTIVE
someone who knows the Word of God
is patient
understanding

but willing to drop a ban hammer when needed

in starting this in hopes to become that mod

robo
if youre reading this i got $$$

how much would one have to invest?

i only need the power to ban

and delete posts

if not me

maybe CC can do a vote or something

While I understand your heart mods need to be people that have been here for some time. I do see things that I think should be stopped and banned without question and that is those who advocate abuse. That, to me,doesn't need a warning,they should be gone. Oncefallen has been very helpful to me each time I have contacted him. Im not very familiar with other mods so I can't speak to that. But banning others may not be as clear cut as you would think it is.

K

kaylagrl

what if i change my request to a demand?

I'd like to see you stick around. You really haven't been here long enough to be a mod.Also you are young in the faith and you really need to focus on growing in the Lord. Not trying to offend but I think this is something older members need to do. JMO

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
The mods seem pretty active to me. Real trolls come in here and get kicked within 24 hours.

I think it comes off as a "hands-off" approach because mods are wise enough not to get into long-term spats themselves. They lurk and watch.

A lot of folks here are well meaning. They just disagree on topics that are really important to them. The anonymity makes them feel a bit more free to use poisonous language. This will never change. If you try to tighten it, the conversations will inevitably become lifeless.

In short, the OP could be a great guy, but I agree with Oncefallen.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hehe

That's the reason that I live in Florida after having endured countless winters in Michigan and Maine.

Dec 28, 2016
Use the ignore feature as your personal moderator.

C

CaptainGoat

I've been a mod on another site. Still do a bit but a section of a forum. Had to stop the chat bit of a site since I'm on a tablet as tablets have their limitations!
The best moderators will stand back a bit as sometimes acting too fast can destroy faith. Also, remember. People are often hurting inside.
I once heard a Christian I know who was banned from a USA Christian site because she said a word which in UK is an innocent word that is a rather nice food, but in USA it has a different meaning. She went to explain this and she was banned.
On one site I was muted (But not banned) for quoting the Bible word for word when the monitors at the time didnt interpret the bible word for word but claimed the bible was symbolic.
While I dont agree that monitors should have been on a site for a long time (Though there does need a fair amount of time to ensure the individuals character is assessed correctly) I do feel a monitor does need some spiritual maturity in that they need to align with the Word of God, along with the natural ability to discern when to step in and when to wait. Most of a time it is a wait and then a warning and then act if needed. With a few it is a straight away removal. We do need to bear in mind people can change and maybe their mischievous visit to the site to cause trouble may have sown a seed in their hearts.... That is where real victory comes!

N

NoNameMcgee

I'd like to see you stick around. You really haven't been here long enough to be a mod.Also you are young in the faith and you really need to focus on growing in the Lord. Not trying to offend but I think this is something older members need to do. JMO
eh

i would have only banned 1 user so far since i started this site

this whole thread was made because of that one user

also in this thread ive agreed already that i may not be the best option for a mod

and banning isnt always going to be the best option

(though i may ban you for this post)

Dec 28, 2016
eh

i would have only banned 1 user so far since i started this site

this whole thread was made because of that one user

also in this thread ive agreed already that i may not be the best option for a mod

and banning isnt always going to be the best option

(though i may ban you for this post)
You don't want to be a Maude, believe me. ;)

[video=youtube;g9NY8R-LmIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9NY8R-LmIw[/video]