Were all three Persons of the Trinity involved in the resurrection of Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

We as believers are indwelled by the Holy Spirit. We will be joined with God come the reserrection. Jesus was foretold to be called the Everlasting Father, God Almighty, the Comforter, the Counselor, Ruler of Peace, so yes, all three are always together for as Jesus has taught, God is One.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
ALL 3
God is Spirit: John 4:24 - Jesus is God: Rom 9:5 - The Spirit is God: Acts 5:3-4

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Jesus said He would raise Himself up

John 2:19-22.

“Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign show you unto us, seeing that you do these things?
19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and will you rear it up in three days?
21. But he spoke of the temple of his BODY.
22. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.”

John 10:17,18.

“Therefore does my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18. No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.”

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
From our friends at GotQuestions.org.

Who resurrected Jesus?

Answer: In Acts 2:24, Peter says that “God raised [Jesus] from the dead” (see also Romans 8:11 and 2 Corinthians 4:14). Romans 1:4 (and possibly 1 Peter 3:18) seems to say that the Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 8:11 clearly says that God will resurrect believers “through His Spirit”). And in John 2:19 Jesus predicts that He will raise Himself from the dead (see also John 10:18). So who exactly resurrected Jesus from the dead? Was it the Father, the Son, or the Spirit?

The basic answer is that “God has raised . . . Jesus to life” (Acts 2:32). The Father is God, and the Father raised His Son to life on the third day after the crucifixion (Romans 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:4). The Spirit is also God, and the Spirit had a part in raising Jesus from the dead. The Son is also God, and the Son, too, was responsible for His own resurrection.

How can a dead man resurrect himself? Jesus was more than a man who died; He was the eternal Son of God incarnate. Wicked men could kill His body, but they could not change His eternal nature or diminish His divine power. In John 10:17–18 Jesus says something that no mere mortal could ever say: “I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.” No one else in the history of the world has ever had the authority both to lay down his life and raise it up again.

Furthermore, Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25). He did not say, “My Father is the resurrection.” He claimed to be the resurrection Himself; life resides with Jesus, and He has absolute authority over life and death (Revelation 1:18). Jesus is God. He could say He would raise up His body on the third day because He is part of the One Being of God.

Who resurrected Jesus from the dead? God did, and by that we mean all three Persons of the Trinity were involved. All three Persons of the Trinity participated in creation (1 Corinthians 8:6; Genesis 1:1–2). All three are involved in salvation (John 3:6, 16). And all three are responsible for the resurrection of Christ Jesus.

Sep 24, 2012
Bumping this thread to ask a similar question as to what was in my OP, were all three Persons of the Trinity responsible for the resurrection of Jesus? Like would it be correct to say that the Father raised Jesus from the dead, Jesus raised Himself from the dead, and that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Bumping this thread to ask a similar question as to what was in my OP, were all three Persons of the Trinity responsible for the resurrection of Jesus? Like would it be correct to say that the Father raised Jesus from the dead, Jesus raised Himself from the dead, and that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead?
Yes, all three are correct. I think you already had an answer to this.

Sep 24, 2012
Yes, all three are correct. I think you already had an answer to this.
Would anyone like to confirm this? A bunch of people confirming this could help me out.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I believe Dydimouse is speaking from knowledge by the Holy Spirit..

Because Isaiah tells all that Jesus would be called all three persons of God (Elohanu), there seems to be nothing more to ask or to doubt. You will find this teaching in plain language in Isaiah 9:6

Sep 24, 2012
I believe Dydimouse is speaking from knowledge by the Holy Spirit..

Because Isaiah tells all that Jesus would be called all three persons of God (Elohanu), there seems to be nothing more to ask or to doubt. You will find this teaching in plain language in Isaiah 9:6
If a bunch of people confirmed what Didymous wrote it could help me get an idea if what I wrote was accurate which could help me out.

P

pottersclay

Yes D is correct. All three . For that is the witness.
Jesus said a house divided cannot stand......all three took part.😁😁

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
There is a deeper question, which asks something else, about God and the nature of existance.

Jesus was God's word expressed in human form.
In one sense while Jesus walked the earth, God did not stop talking or being or sharing.

When Jesus died, His body stopped being alive. He gave up His spirit.
Where did His spirit go?

When Jesus's body was resurrected, he was brought back to life with a new eternal body,
transformed from a mortal body into an immortal one.

Jesus and the Father were one, yet Jesus was also in communion with the Holy Spirit, but
Jesus talked as if only when He had left would the Holy Spirit come and dwell in the disciples.

There are mysteries here which we have nothing to go on. And probably that is best where to
leave them.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
If a bunch of people confirmed what Didymous wrote it could help me get an idea if what I wrote was accurate which could help me out.
Acts 2:24, Romans 6:4, Galatians 1:1; John 2:18-19, John 10:18; Romans 8:11, 1 Peter 3:18. Better to let the bible confirm it.

Sep 24, 2012
Acts 2:24, Romans 6:4, Galatians 1:1; John 2:18-19, John 10:18; Romans 8:11, 1 Peter 3:18. Better to let the bible confirm it.
Is 1 Peter 3:18 saying that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead? I'm not sure if any of the other verses are communicating that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Is 1 Peter 3:18 saying that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead? I'm not sure if any of the other verses are communicating that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.
So, what Spirit do you think is referenced? Do you think some other spirit is in view?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
All three are One so the answer is yes..

1) The Holy Spirit raised Jesus:
Romans 8: KJV
11 "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

When people become Christians they are indwelled by the Holy Spirit.. that same Spirit raised Jesus from the dead..

2) The Father raised Jesus..
Galatians 1: KJV
1 "Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead:"

3) Jesus raised Jesus from the dead..
John 2: KJV
18 "¶ Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? {19} Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. {20} Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? {21} But he spake of the temple of his body. {22} When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

Sep 24, 2012
So, what Spirit do you think is referenced? Do you think some other spirit is in view?
I guess the Holy Spirit is the most logical spirit to be referenced, unless I'm missing something. I still have the same question though, is 1 Peter 3:18 saying that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I guess the Holy Spirit is the most logical spirit to be referenced, unless I'm missing something. I still have the same question though, is 1 Peter 3:18 saying that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead?
I believe so, but I have friends that think it means something else.

Dec 12, 2013
Yes...

a. BY COMMAND OF THE HEAVENLY FATHER, JESUS TOOK UP HIS LIFE AGAIN

b. If the SPIRIT OF HIM that raised up JESUS DWELL IN YOU

c. Jesus laid down and TOOK up his life again....

All three had a part