Were Nephilim (Gen 6) judged differently by God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Did God's forgiveness ever, at any point, apply to angels?

• Not sure. The Bible does not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2021
I fail to find anything in Genesis which says anything close to "angels are sons of God". Help me out bro.
Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ wants us to fellowship in Him and His Holy Spirit of Truth.

Since internet leaves the most important element out = face to face in person communication, i want you to have peace knowing that my heart and message is to see my Brethren set free from religion and/or denomination man-centered seeing of the scriptures.
That they may relly completely on the Holy Spirit and fearing God by never "adding to or taking away" from His words so that we do not force our belief upon scripture, nor manipulate it to say other then it's proclamation to us.

You can find Rest in the scripture you brought forth = John 1:9-13

The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become sons of God— born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.

i fully agree with this and then directed our confidence on this subject to come solely from the Word who said this:

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead,
a.) neither marry nor are given in marriage;
b.) nor can they die anymore,
c.) for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Luke 20:34-38 is crucial to understanding that angels were created as "sons of God" whereas sinful man is dead unto God and must be Born-Again by the Spirit of God in order to lay hold of eternal Life whereby we become "equal to the angels = sons of God".

The angels/sons of God are in the spiritual domain where the LORD also dwells = "God is a Spirit".
Job 1:6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them."
Job 2:1 "Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD"

God Himself confirms these "sons of God/angels" as being in His presence when HE created the world = Job 38:7
God also confirms that man was not present during this creation period.
"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

Now think Brother, in the OT God does not call man a "son of God" except with Adam BEFORE Adam sinned and fell from Life.
AND
Why did that change when the LORD became flesh and dwelt among us?

Note: You have the answers in front of you at the beginning of this Post and here at the end.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written,
“The first man Adam became a living being.”
The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
The first man was of the earth, made of dust;
the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.
1 Corinthians ch15

Shepherd

May 11, 2022
AGAIN, you have come to another false conclusion SEE Post 307 for your improvement.

SEE Post 312 and 315 that is specific to the area of your doubt/unbelief in what God has said in His word.

This is the 3rd time that i have asked you to go back to Genesis and find out the Glaring Truth as to why your conclusion is in error.

Seek and you will find, knock and it shall be opened to you, ask and it shall be given...........direct quote from the GIVER of LIFE
1Jo 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God........... "we are sons of God" all in the same sentence and context.

Now show me, Book of Genesis, "angels are sons of God". Just one verse. Or, just show me the words "angels" and "sons of God" in the same chapter in Genesis.

Aug 2, 2021
1Jo 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God........... "we are sons of God" all in the same sentence and context.

Now show me, Book of Genesis, "angels are sons of God". Just one verse. Or, just show me the words "angels" and "sons of God" in the same chapter in Genesis.
Agree - as i said = the Word spoken into us, which we received the Seed of Life in our hearts and were Born-Again by the Spirit of God whereby we have become sons of God.

In the OT the phrase "sons of God" is exclusive to angels as validated by God/Holy Spirit/Word in Job and by the LORD Jesus Christ - Himself, which is more then sufficient for us.

Now, your quest for Truth, which should be paramount to everyone who calls on the Name of the LORD, is to follow HIS Instructions:
a.) Proverbs 30:5-6
b.) Matthew 4:1-4
c.) Luke 20:34-36

Peace

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
Of COURSE He did. In that He was begotten of God is what PROVES His deity. There is no need to take the matter down to the physical process of procreation. According to His flesh He is the seed of David.
Good, I'm glad we agree. I just wanted to establish that common ground for later.
Angels are created beings
Is this the reason you reject the notion that the "sons of God" in the OT are angels?

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
just show me the words "angels" and "sons of God" in the same chapter
Proper...Logical...Inference.

Consider statements like:

"Jesus loves you"
"God is Trinity"
"Satan will possess a global dictator"

These (correct) conclusions are the result of proper logical inference.
If A = B, and B = C, then A = C.

Job confirms that the "the sons of God" refer to humans because they are described as those who are from heaven and they existed before Adam was created. Genesis gives the actual account of their sin with human women. Jude describes angelic sin as a sexual sin. Peter associates their sin with the time of Noah, which is congruent with the Genesis account. It's absolutely Biblical. It just takes some thorough studying to understand it. The main reason people reject it is because it is strange and uncomfortable, not because it is unbiblical.

If you do not use proper logical inference in your Biblical studies, you will not identify the connections between passages of Scripture pertaining to the same subject.