You've probably seen a lot of Godzilla movies then, huh?and Japanese monster movies.
You've probably seen a lot of Godzilla movies then, huh?and Japanese monster movies.
If it’s in the book I don’t remember and haven’t heard of those things, but that’s good the charismatic movement had Pentecostal roots. I had also heard of false “kundalini” spirits and how that’s gone into churches as well. I had never experienced anything like it, but first felt the Holy Spirit back about 8 years ago. It was through a Catholic charismatic event. The priest spoke in tongues and laid hands on me as he prayed and I simultaneously felt God’s love, repentance, and healing. It took another 4 years of Bible study and prayer to be led by the Spirit into the truth in Christ. Faith comes by not just hearing but also reading, and I hadn’t really read my Bible on my own before that outside of Sundays. The Bible does say that in the last days God will pour out his spirit and I think it’s been going on which is why Satan also has his counterfeit versions. Anything that contradicts Scripture is not from God. After that initial experience, I had to discern what was from God and what was not. Some I don’t claim to know, but the whole “you shall know them by their fruit” applies and sometimes you just have to wait and see and eventually the truth will be revealed.This is an exciting time in the church world wide...
I didn’t know Pat Boone was a Baptist, but it makes a little more sense now why there was a disconnect between the book and movie. It’s a bit strange that they chose to make the movie in the first place if they were so averse to what the book said… And the fact that not all actors in a Christian movie are Christian was not something I considered. Maybe I was assuming they were because they chose to participate in it, but it’s a job like any other so maybe it’s not a requirement. And I guess the producers/directors just chose to skip over anything that made them uncomfortable and took it a different direction…I agree that the book was much better...
I’d agree that the book is better than the movie in most cases. I think there’s a few exceptions. I can think of 2 right now. You might disagree, but I personally liked the Old Yeller and A Walk to Remember movies better than the books. In almost all other cases, the book is way betterThe book is ALWAYS better than the movie...
I didn’t know Pat Boone was a Baptist, but it makes a little more sense now why there was a disconnect between the book and movie. It’s a bit strange that they chose to make the movie in the first place if they were so averse to what the book said… And the fact that not all actors in a Christian movie are Christian was not something I considered. Maybe I was assuming they were because they chose to participate in it, but it’s a job like any other so maybe it’s not a requirement. And I guess the producers/directors just chose to skip over anything that made them uncomfortable and took it a different direction…
Yes, the power of the Holy Spirit is apparent in the book and in David Wilkerson’s preaching. I’ve heard a few sermon clips from him. Too bad he’s no longer with us. That’s great that you got to meet him, he prophesied that, and you have been preaching like that. I’m glad Teen Challenge is still around and works. Previously, I only ever heard of Alcoholics Anonymous. To differentiate it from AA or any other rehab centers, I wonder… Does Teen Challenge still use the Holy Spirit like they do in the book? Or does that depend on who is leading at each center? Because, like the gap between the book and movie, that could make a big difference in whether that particular center is effective or not. I hope they are using the Holy Spirit and then the year to also be fed with the Word![]()
Ironically, Stephen King didn't even like The Shining movie. He apparently disliked it because it wasn't faithful to his book.Pretty much all the Stephen King movies were terrible EXCEPT The Shining!
I remember him saying that about the film when they did the TV version of it. I couldn't stand the kid who played Danny in it. The guy from wings did a good job at being a nutter though. Did you read Dr. Sleep? I never saw the film but the book was good.Ironically, Stephen King didn't even like The Shining movie. He apparently disliked it because it wasn't faithful to his book.
Personally though, I happen to love The Shining myself. In fact, it's probably my favorite movie. Not just my favorite horror movie, but my favorite movie in general.
It's also one of the most parodied movies as well. The Simpsons being just one example.
That is so good to hear that most of the centers are still following the original style and focus. It’s the Holy Spirit that makes a difference. Those are good questions, but I wonder if they are allowed to share that they are Reformist or Calvinist? In public schools, teachers are not allowed to share what their faith is if they have one, but students can share. Why? Because they say government representatives can’t endorse a particular faith. Maybe they wouldn’t allow those hired Calvinists/Reformers to admit they are because the Adult and Teen Challenge centers don’t support that theology. If they can’t, then maybe ask if the center believes in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and whether anyone at their center speaks in tongues and note their reaction. Are they enthusiastic or do they seem uncomfortable? The Holy Spirit imparts different gifts so I don’t think everybody needs to speak in tongues, but it does seem like an especially powerful part of this ministry.Most of the Adult and Teen Challenge Centers (that is what they call it now) are still lead by leaders who understand the need for the emphasis on prayer, and seeking God and the dynamic of the Holy Spirit and all the spiritual gifts that He provides...