What are some "bad" movies that you happen to like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Also most Christian movies are pretty bad by movie standards but I've enjoyed some of them

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Also most Christian movies are pretty bad by movie standards but I've enjoyed some of them
While I agree in general there are exceptions. I found both 'Overcomer' and 'War Room' to be incredibly well done Christian movies. They're done by The Kendrick Brothers. There are three brothers, Alex, Stephen and I don't know the name of the other....they've made a number of movies, and I haven't seen them all yet, just the two mentioned.

I've seen the following clip from 'Facing the Giants' a number of times on social media minus the Christian message that is in the broader movie....its next up for me to watch, I'm hoping to pick up their full catalogue of movies (6 I believe) at Wal-Mart soon.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
That was a pretty sweet video clip to see and be inspired with, thanks!

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
That was a pretty sweet video clip to see and be inspired with, thanks!
I'm assuming you're referencing Facing The Giants....here is the full trailer. This movie was made on a shoestring, apparently the Kendricks either knew or had a guy at their church who does filming for the NFL and he helped out. According to wiki the budget was $100K and it grossed over $10 million at the box office: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facing_the_Giants#Production

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Alexander the 2004 version starring Colin Farrell. Alexander the Great had an Irish accent!! Not a lot of people know that

Dec 23, 2019
godfoundme.weebly.com
I don’t know if this is considered “bad,” but I used to love Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain. It might be relatively unknown and only has 6 stars on imdb, but it definitely got re-watched quite a few times. It stars Christina Ricci who played Wendy in Casper and Wednesday in the Adams Family movie. It also stars Anna Chlumsky who was also in My Girl with Maccaulay Culkin. I don’t dislike it even now and am not sure why the rating isn’t higher? Maybe people didn’t like the Ray character and that part of the story in a children’s movie? I won’t spoil it if you haven’t seen it and want to. Let’s just say if your child is very young, I wouldn’t put that movie on for them. I can’t say the age I first watched it, but it’s PG and not G just FYI if you have kids.

Aug 16, 2020
YAY!!! This is my kind of thread ^_^

I love learning about movies and know most of the “infamous” ones such as Birdemic, Troll 2, everything from the company Dingo Pictures, The Oogieloves, etc.

I really, really, really wanna watch “The Room” cause of its “So bad it’s good status”. I have actually watched “Battlefield Earth” and that one, oh man, it’s definitely a “So bad it’s good movie”, I love how hammy John Travolta’s acting is in that movie, was literally laughing on the floor, it was too funny.

One movie I actually like, but I know is bad is “Cat in the Hat” starring Mike Myers. I used to think it was a legit great movie, but seeing reviews I can agree it is bad, very much so. But darn it all my nostalgia loves this movie and how horrendously awful it is, I legit think that Alec Baldwin’s performance in that movie could easily become “The next Nicholas Cage of memes”, I proudly stand by that.

For anyone bored enough, here is IMDB (Stands for International Movie Database...if I’m correct, sorry if I’m not >~<) bottom 100, the lowest rated movies by user on that website and looking at the list, it’s accurate, very much so: https://m.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Jul 9, 2020
Bad movie. That i liked.. hummm

Starship Troopers
Starship troopers was NOT a bad movie. That was was awesome! Here's another awesome movie, that only really unpopular, ugly, dumb people might call "bad"... :ROFL:

Aug 16, 2020
Starship troopers was NOT a bad movie. That was was awesome! Here's another awesome movie, that only really unpopular, ugly, dumb people might call "bad"... :ROFL:

I just looked it up, and “They live” currently sits at 86% on Rotten Tomatoes so it’s definitely not a bad movie: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/they_live

Meanwhile Starship troopers sits at 64% on Rotten Tomatoes, so you are correct in saying it’s not a bad movie: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/starship_troopers

What I think constitutes a bad movie, is if it’s “infamous” on the Internet and everyone can agree that it is bad, like this one: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/battlefield_earth

While Battlefield Earth is awful, man it is so much fun to make fun of it and laugh, everything about the movie doesn’t work, which makes me laugh.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Thats definitly a weird movie.. Watched it myself..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I just looked it up, and “They live” currently sits at 86% on Rotten Tomatoes so it’s definitely not a bad movie: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/they_live

Meanwhile Starship troopers sits at 64% on Rotten Tomatoes, so you are correct in saying it’s not a bad movie: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/starship_troopers

What I think constitutes a bad movie, is if it’s “infamous” on the Internet and everyone can agree that it is bad, like this one: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/battlefield_earth

While Battlefield Earth is awful, man it is so much fun to make fun of it and laugh, everything about the movie doesn’t work, which makes me laugh.
I have seen a few damning reports on rotten Tomatoes,, How it is influenced by the movie industry and how it manipulates movie ratings depending on the wishes of the movie exec's

Never trust rotten tomatoes..

Aug 16, 2020
I have seen a few damning reports on rotten Tomatoes,, How it is influenced by the movie industry and how it manipulates movie ratings depending on the wishes of the movie exec's

Never trust rotten tomatoes..
Well I know critics aren’t right all of the time, but I would like to know if the movie is worth my time before watching it, that’s why I use Rotten Tomatoes.

But honestly I rely more on YouTube reviews of movies and “word of ear on the Internet” to decide which movies I wanna watch. I’m a big fan of 1980s movies, “infamous” movies discussed on the Internet, anime/animated movies, and basically anything anyone says that is worth seeing.

I’m just leaving this video here cause I want to:

Also this one:

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
''1941'' Wasn't a big blockbuster in 79 but when I first saw it yrs later I loved it and still watch it whenever ..

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I always thought the sound of music was the worst musical ever made until I saw some of the Mamma Mia sequel featuring Cher.
I like Cher I also like Abba but the combination of Chers acting and Abbas singing turned the whole thing into a hilarious disaster
I was in stitches laughing. The very thought of Chers rendition of Fernando still makes me laugh days after watching it. Whatever
possessed Cher to embark on her suicidal performance beats me. She hardly needs the money does she?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
''1941'' Wasn't a big blockbuster in 79 but when I first saw it yrs later I loved it and still watch it whenever ..
Slim Pickens! They were wrestling that big radio down the conning tower into the sub, then they stop and say "we have to find a way to make these smaller!"

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Blazing Saddles?

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Slim Pickens! They were wrestling that big radio down the conning tower into the sub, then they stop and say "we have to find a way to make these smaller!"
Slim Pickens, lol

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
oh my! Been years since I saw that! Thank you.
I recall one article where he showed up for a movie and a young person on the production team said, "he's here and he came dressed in character", and was informed, "he didn't come in character, that is the real Slim Pickens". A great memory, thank you friend.