What are you into? (not a poll :p)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
What are you into?

(interests, hobbies, collectibles, favorite shows, etc..)

It can be anything... shoes, food, astrophysics, antiques, miniatures, dolls, books, gardening, toys, fitness, nutrition, organizing, decorating, crafts, art, painting, jewelry, sci-fi, tv shows, gaming, cars, science, etc.....

Start listing 'em! ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What about fortune telling and astrology and necromancy and voodoo and... With necromancy you can make new friends every day! :D

"Shut up Lynx."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Bet you already know what I'm into... MUSIC! :D :D :D :cool:

I run off old records and cassettes to computer, record them in Audacity (really good, free, easy to use audio editor) and save them to my music collection. I also make soundtracks in Reaper (really good digital audio workstation, unfortunate name, they had a contest and that name won) for songs I want to sing at church.

Here's a good demonstration of a modern DAW (digital audio workstation.)
[video=youtube;Znv2-nLIxAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znv2-nLIxAc[/video]

Every horizontal bar is a track, kind of like a channel on a soundboard. Some tracks have audio clips. The tracks that have little bars full of dots, those are MIDI tracks and the dots are a computer's version of sheet music.

It's not as complicated as it looks. Really, I swear it's not. Look if I can do it, just about anybody can do it.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Let's see, where do I start...

I play acoustic guitar and sing harmony in a church worship team;
I play drums and percussion occasionally for the worship team, mostly on my own;
I collect small cars - Hot Wheels size... my avatar is one of them;
I read a balance of fiction and non-fiction (currently a Grisham novel) and watch/listen to instructional videos, mostly historical;
I build a few models in 1:72 scale; mostly military aircraft;
I do a little drawing and painting;
I build furniture and other things out of wood (my latest project is below... a cabinet for music sheet binders)...

Sorry it's sideways :(

IMG_3475.jpg

T

toinena

Let's see, where do I start...

I play acoustic guitar and sing harmony in a church worship team;
I play drums and percussion occasionally for the worship team, mostly on my own;
I collect small cars - Hot Wheels size... my avatar is one of them;
I read a balance of fiction and non-fiction (currently a Grisham novel) and watch/listen to instructional videos, mostly historical;
I build a few models in 1:72 scale; mostly military aircraft;
I do a little drawing and painting;
I build furniture and other things out of wood (my latest project is below... a cabinet for music sheet binders)...

Sorry it's sideways :(

View attachment 175329
Wow. That is a beautiful piece of furniture!!!! I would order all my furniture from you if you didn't have such a long list of things you are into ;-)

(and I guess shipping would be fortune)

I am thinking about my grandpa, for some reason. He was a 2nd generation furniture dealer, but he ran away to Canada to trade in furs. He was called home, though. An arranged marriage with my grandma was waiting, and so was the store. Anyway. I am sure that piece of quality furniture would fit perfectly in his store.

T

toinena

I think I am having as long a list as Dino above.

I have a thing for Bassoons and baroque music.
I like to follow international politics, especially the Middle East.
I am fascinated with the different cultural and religious background of the people I teach and meet that are from all over the world.
I am into different exotic cuisines.
I love sociolinguistics both at work and at the university.
I am into my work, empowering immigrants to find and get a job.
I am into multilingualism.
And I am into dogs. Heading for a two week boot camp with my new dog tomorrow ;-)
And one of my lesser useful things: I am into is bars of soap! The only luxury I can afford.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks T. :)

Fortunately, the photograph doesn't reveal all the errors I made during construction. Let's just say I learned how not to do quite a few things! The cabinet serves its purpose well though, so I'm happy with it.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
What about fortune telling and astrology and necromancy and voodoo and... With necromancy you can make new friends every day! :D

"Shut up Lynx."
Pretty sure the Bible condemns that stuff.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
Uhh things I like....

-I like music, I like listening to it and watching musicians I like play it.
-I also like to play music, I mostly play bass guitar, I also play guitar. Ive taken piano classes years ago but havent had a piano of my own in a while. Hoping to get one again here soon. (have alot on my wish list atm though) I write my own music as well.
-I like animated tv shows, I dont spend like alot of time watching them, but when I watch tv its usually that. I have a few other shows Ill watch with my family occasionally, too. Like Star Trek or The Walking Dead and a few others.
-I like video games. Not as much as when I was younger, but I still like to play them sometimes. Ive never been into real action heavy games, like shooters and that junk. I usually like story driven games, or adventure games and rpgs and junk.
-I spend alot of time talking to friends online.
-I like animals, I spend alot of time with my cats. Lately Ive been wanting to get another dog.
-I do sometimes watch political youtube channels. I guess you could say I enjoy them. I have several Christian channels I like to watch, too. But I like channels that are informative and educational. I tend to avoid Christian channels that exist to tell me what they think Biblical prophecies really mean and junk like that : p
-I like exploring, though nowadays I dont get to do it as much. My friend and I like to drive around the country roads in my area, though. I always like seeing places Ive never seen before. Lately weve been talking about visiting small towns and seeing what they have to offer. Theres a creek a bit aways from us that weve been talking about exploring, too.

Maka

Jun 26, 2017
After a long break I'm back to crocheting a king size blanket. It's a lot of work but I love the colourful flowers. Allergies prevent me from enjoying real flowers so I decided to make my own. Sorry I'm awful at photography.

I'm also into cycling, video games, gardening, cooking, music, movies, reading, making soap, natural health and walking my dog.

M

MollyConnor

I like reading, collecting toys (mostly dolls), going to antique shops, watching movies, watching documentaries, and building miniatures.

So far I've only done one doll house and a set of furniture that were precut. I would like to get to the point where I can actually make them out of wood myself. I've been helping my step-dad with some carpentry projects at home...so I think the dollhouse from scratch goal will be crossed off the list sometime soon.

I also wanna build a ship...like a pirate's ship. I think that would be super cool! I don't have lots of time right now, but it's on my bucket list.

Google miniatures and check out the images...you won't be disappointed.

T

toinena

After a long break I'm back to crocheting a king size blanket. It's a lot of work but I love the colourful flowers. Allergies prevent me from enjoying real flowers so I decided to make my own. Sorry I'm awful at photography.

I'm also into cycling, video games, gardening, cooking, music, movies, reading, making soap, natural health and walking my dog.
Oh. I like crocheting too. And knitting. Sad I can't see the pictures. Earlier I knitted sweaters and stuff for friends. Now I stick to smaller projects. I still haven't finished my crochet bed spread.... that I started in 1991! Guess I have some major cleaning up to do in my basket.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
I love art, especially junk art or up cycled art. There's, really amazing pieces out there made from what you find in a garbage can or recycling bin.
I also love reading, the outdoors, music, and coin collecting.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
I think I am having as long a list as Dino above.

I have a thing for Bassoons and baroque music.
I like to follow international politics, especially the Middle East.
I am fascinated with the different cultural and religious background of the people I teach and meet that are from all over the world.
I am into different exotic cuisines.
I love sociolinguistics both at work and at the university.
I am into my work, empowering immigrants to find and get a job.
I am into multilingualism.
And I am into dogs. Heading for a two week boot camp with my new dog tomorrow ;-)
And one of my lesser useful things: I am into is bars of soap! The only luxury I can afford.
By "bars of soap" do you mean soap carvings?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
What are you into?

(interests, hobbies, collectibles, favorite shows, etc..)

It can be anything... shoes, food, astrophysics, antiques, miniatures, dolls, books, gardening, toys, fitness, nutrition, organizing, decorating, crafts, art, painting, jewelry, sci-fi, tv shows, gaming, cars, science, etc.....

Start listing 'em! ;)

is that you?

Aug 2, 2009
Haha no. That my friend is Toyota's 1/5th scale model car collection... and when I say Toyota I don't mean a person, I mean the car company Toyota! :)

I'd love to see it someday :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Whoever it is, that is a incredible collection of what looks to be 70's and 80's foreign sporty type cars.
The craftsmanship looks amazing!

I see Toyota Celica's in the front, and are those BMW's 3 series also? And a Cressida and a Acura? Opel's?

If its you, can you add my old 1979 Mazda RX-7 to your collection one day? Metallic (medium) blue.
Man, I loved that rotary car.

garet82

Jan 20, 2011

"Shut up Lynx."
Lol right right Lynx :D shhhh

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
Lol i have many :D let's see

What Am i into?

Chocolates, cookies, ice cream, my bible, my collection songs, my tab (also my mobile phone), my bed (including my bolster n pillows) lack of rest due too of too much outside activities thats why i miss them lol
And national or semester holiday so i can break from school n hv time to rest :)