what can we agree on???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

joefizz

I thought of this today,there are so many religions,beliefs,and branches of religion that,I wondered what can we agree on concerning what we believe?
I'm posting this in the family forum because to me no matter how sin sick anyone is we are all children of God,so no matter your belief system,I challenge you to think upon despite what you believe individually what things you feel we can all agree upon or at least in majority,no matter whether,atheist,jewish,christian,muslim,or other wise,what do you in your own personal opinion believe we can all agree on as a whole or at the least in majority,
I'll start off,I'm Christian but I believe that me and others whom serve God can agree that serving God is more important than debating who amongst us is "correct" concerning God's word or our different beliefs in our branches of religion,because God is always "correct"and whether we are Jewish,Christian,or another division of faith for God,We can all agree at the very least that we serve the same God and desire to serve him devoutly,no matter which of our religions seems most accurate,God comes first,ok now let's see what someone else brings forward!

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Ugly

Correction. We are Not all children of God. When we are Saved we are Adopted into His family.
Also my God is NOT the same God as the Muslim god. Nor would an atheist agree with that. My God is NOT the same as the multitude of gods that many other religions follow. Those are demons, my God is no demon.
Read the bible. Jesus went after false teachers. He warned of "doctrines of demons". While we do need unity within the church, neither can we turn a blind eye to those misleading people just because we think they're sincere.

This is a bunch of secular PC mindedness full of half truths, non-truths and flawed logic.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
To all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— children born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but born of God.

[video=youtube;n9RqVRBtjM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9RqVRBtjM4[/video]

Praise to the Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ
Our God and our King, to Him we will sing
In His great mercy, He has given us life
Now we can be called the children of God

Great is the Love that the Father has given us
He has delivered us
He has delivered us

Children of God, sing your song and rejoice
For the love that He has given us all
Children of God, by the blood of His Son
We have been redeemed and we can be called
Children of God
Children of God

A mystery is revealed to the universe
The Father above has proven His love
Now we are free from the judgment that we deserve
And so we are called the children of God

We are the saints
We are the children
We've been redeemed
We've been forgiven
We are the sons and daughters of our God

J

joefizz

Correction. We are Not all children of God. When we are Saved we are Adopted into His family.
Also my God is NOT the same God as the Muslim god. Nor would an atheist agree with that. My God is NOT the same as the multitude of gods that many other religions follow. Those are demons, my God is no demon.
Read the bible. Jesus went after false teachers. He warned of "doctrines of demons". While we do need unity within the church, neither can we turn a blind eye to those misleading people just because we think they're sincere.

This is a bunch of secular PC mindedness full of half truths, non-truths and flawed logic.
well that's why I said "personal oponion",I never said my opinion was "accurate" it's just an "opinion" I believe upon,simple,I don't claim to know everyone's religious beliefs,but I made this thread for "personal beliefs/opinions,not for "religious beliefs,thereby leaving room for "everyone" to voice a personal belief/opinion that we all or at least majority wise can agree on,for example,no matter one's religion or belief system,some things like "Love" and "Kindness" it is possible to agree upon as things we "Value" in life!

J

joefizz

To all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— children born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but born of God.

[video=youtube;n9RqVRBtjM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9RqVRBtjM4[/video]

Praise to the Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ
Our God and our King, to Him we will sing
In His great mercy, He has given us life
Now we can be called the children of God

Great is the Love that the Father has given us
He has delivered us
He has delivered us

Children of God, sing your song and rejoice
For the love that He has given us all
Children of God, by the blood of His Son
We have been redeemed and we can be called
Children of God
Children of God

A mystery is revealed to the universe
The Father above has proven His love
Now we are free from the judgment that we deserve
And so we are called the children of God

We are the saints
We are the children
We've been redeemed
We've been forgiven
We are the sons and daughters of our God
I can agree with this!(see what I was getting at this way we can say we agree with a personal belief/opinion,and grow closer toward one another!)

Aug 16, 2016
I understand what you mean. We are all Gods creation and he loves all of his creation however as another member said we all are not his children. For example there were those who were in to baal worship and sacrificed their children, they certainly aren't children of God but of the devil.

J

joefizz

I understand what you mean. We are all Gods creation and he loves all of his creation however as another member said we all are not his children. For example there were those who were in to baal worship and sacrificed their children, they certainly aren't children of God but of the devil.
I can agree with this!
my value of children of God is more of a sentiment that I view everyone as family that I care for because though I understand that we all can be sinful,I still care for everyone even those who may be or become my enemies,because I remember I once had so much hate in my heart and yet eventually since others cared for me even though I was mean to them,I started caring for others even those who had frequently been mean or even cruel to me,I get the concept that each one of us according to the bible choose one of two masters ultimately,but I also know that just a little love for others can change things many times for the better,but that's just my "personal belief".

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I thought of this today,there are so many religions,beliefs,and branches of religion that,I wondered what can we agree on concerning what we believe?
Christians who believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God should agree on at least some basic Bible truths:

1. That the Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, and that God is the triune Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).

2. That Christ died for our sins and rose again for our justification.

3. That salvation is by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption (on the cross and in His resurrection).

4. That all men everywhere are commanded to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

5. That those who are genuinely saved must produce good works, but good works save no one.

6. That only those who have received the gift of the Holy Spirit and experienced the New Birth are children of God.

7. That there is only one human race, and it is divided into just two groups -- the lost and the saved (or the just and the unjust).

8. That the Church (all believers) are commanded to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature, with the objective of making disciples of Christ and for Christ.

J

joefizz

Christians who believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God should agree on at least some basic Bible truths:

1. That the Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, and that God is the triune Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).

3. That salvation is by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption (on the cross and in His resurrection).

4. That all men everywhere are commanded to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

5. That those who are genuinely saved must produce good works, but good works save no one.

6. That only those who have received the gift of the Holy Spirit and experienced the New Birth are children of God.

7. That there is only one human race, and it is divided into just two groups -- the lost and the saved (or the just and the unjust).

8. That the Church (all believers) are commanded to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature, with the objective of making disciples of Christ and for Christ.
I can agree definitely with all of this,it's sad when we can't agree on basics even in our own religions,I believe that no matter a person's religion,you are to stand firm alongside your religion otherwise it's no longer your religion it is just something you like talking about for attention,just my "personal opinion".

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I think we can agree that, from a song, it says people need people. No matter how loving, hateful, arrogant, proud, friendly, helpful, patient, dirty, neat, disorganized, quiet, bossy, nice... God has put something in our hearts that we think and feel, and do need others, and are needed by them. (I thought this was going to be a one-liner, but no=) We may see the street kid or the garbage collector, but they do help us without us knowing or realizing. The taong-grasa (person grease)or homeless beggar, or batang kalye (street kid) help us see that all people go hungry, hot or cold.. All get tired, happy, sad, thankful and complaining, etc etc.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I agree with this.

J

joefizz

I think we can agree that, from a song, it says people need people. No matter how loving, hateful, arrogant, proud, friendly, helpful, patient, dirty, neat, disorganized, quiet, bossy, nice... God has put something in our hearts that we think and feel, and do need others, and are needed by them. (I thought this was going to be a one-liner, but no=) We may see the street kid or the garbage collector, but they do help us without us knowing or realizing. The taong-grasa (person grease)or homeless beggar, or batang kalye (street kid) help us see that all people go hungry, hot or cold.. All get tired, happy, sad, thankful and complaining, etc etc.
I agree to a degree we need each other.

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Well, for starters, we can all agree that:

- We are solids, not liquids or gases.
- We are using electronic devices to type on this forum.
- We need to eat, drink and breathe to survive.
- Murder is not an acceptable thing to do.
- Brushing your teeth stops them from rotting.
- Fried bacon burgers covered in cheese sauce is unhealthy.

And finally...

- God exists :)

J

joefizz

Well, for starters, we can all agree that:

- We are solids, not liquids or gases.
- We are using electronic devices to type on this forum.
- We need to eat, drink and breathe to survive.
- Murder is not an acceptable thing to do.
- Brushing your teeth stops them from rotting.
- Fried bacon burgers covered in cheese sauce is unhealthy.

And finally...

- God exists :)
very "clever" post as always and in my "personal opinion" your avatar looks like yugi/yami yugi from yugioh not Goku,if this is another witty meme then it is very funny!(though in factual knowledge who you kidding that's yami yugi,Goku has "black" spiked hair,hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha,funny stuff!)

M

Miri

Since the basics have been covered, can see all agree that
chocolate is good. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
For some reason I'm reminded of an old country song.

"God is great
Beer is good
And people are crazy"

I don't know about beer, but the first and last ones I know to be true.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Unfortunately, you won't even get agreement on that. Some will say that they have chocolate allergies or some such thing. But since God created cocoa, it has to be good.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I understand the intent of Joe's opening post... and the responses. Sadly, there is a massive difference in belief among religions, such that finding common ground is quite challenging. The Bible speaks to that: "What does Christ have in common with Belial?"

Perhaps context makes the difference. If you are witnessing to someone, and have the opportunity to get to know them, sharing about simple human experiences such as work, family, health concerns, and general interests can open the door to discussing the important things. If you are in a forum like the Bible Study room, some more direct disagreement is to be expected.

Truth is, by its nature, exclusive. Two plus two equals four, no matter how I feel about it. We disregard those who think otherwise, but we have no motivation to bring about acceptance (unless they owe us money! ;) ). However, their eternal state is of far greater importance, so we are motivated to help bring them to understanding and faith, even if they presently hold to a contrary belief. We don't need to club them with the truth... sometimes the most effective way to bring someone to the truth is to listen patiently to their story first... even if it is wrong in its conclusion. :)

J

joefizz

I understand the intent of Joe's opening post... and the responses. Sadly, there is a massive difference in belief among religions, such that finding common ground is quite challenging. The Bible speaks to that: "What does Christ have in common with Belial?"

Perhaps context makes the difference. If you are witnessing to someone, and have the opportunity to get to know them, sharing about simple human experiences such as work, family, health concerns, and general interests can open the door to discussing the important things. If you are in a forum like the Bible Study room, some more direct disagreement is to be expected.

Truth is, by its nature, exclusive. Two plus two equals four, no matter how I feel about it. We disregard those who think otherwise, but we have no motivation to bring about acceptance (unless they owe us money! ;) ). However, their eternal state is of far greater importance, so we are motivated to help bring them to understanding and faith, even if they presently hold to a contrary belief. We don't need to club them with the truth... sometimes the most effective way to bring someone to the truth is to listen patiently to their story first... even if it is wrong in its conclusion. :)
Yep because it's kind of like talking to a child that has learned enough to converse and at first the child asks you questions,and you give answers as best you can,but eventually as you give answers the child starts coming to conclusions based on what you said,some wrong conclusions some correct conclusions but if you are not willing to simply endure what the child says no matter whether the child speaks a wrong or correct conclusion,allowing for one to be heard,before quickly speaking against what someone says is of value because when you "hear someone out" "listening very closely" it is more likely to give a decent and understandable retort whether you answer on your own or alongside God,if you can't stand a little bit of tough questions and giving answers,and correcting someone when you've heard them out,then it is more likely that the result will be an "argument",I felt this thread idea would be a good "opportunity" to grow closer together by voicing some mostly agreeable opinions/beliefs,because I think too often we take to "not listening" to others who aren't always looking to cause trouble,and get a little too "touchy" about what someone says(happened to me a few times here depending on the subject)as in quick to tell them what is right "before" we give them "time" to "clearly" tell us what they believe or what they want to learn,so I'm glad now for making this thread because it may give us all "more understanding" of each other and overall perhaps find some nice qualities in each other,by asking "simple questions" like "what do you believe"? "what is your opinion on the subject"?
I know I used some uncommon words did you understand what I said?
"would you mind explaining a little more I think I'm close to understanding what you are trying to tell me!?
this was my intent for this thread,gaining "understanding" of each other, no matter our "differences" of any sort,so that all in all we can perhaps gain more respect toward each other and be more "respectful" and "understanding" toward each other,sometimes learning a little about each other can make a Huge difference,that's what I believe, if this thread leads people to grow in understanding of each other and gain respect toward one another then that is wonderful!

J

joefizz

I'm allergic to chocolate but mainly dark chocolate,so I can agree that chocolate is good,especially white chocolate peanut butter reeses cups!