What do you find controversial?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 22, 2019
I guess, I tried to post a controversial thread recently about Christianity and it got removed probably because my profile says that I’m unsure about whether I’m a Christian or not. So I started this thread because I wanted to ask you all as individuals... what part or parts of Christianity do you find controversial?

E

eternally-gratefull

I find nothing controversial when it comes to the word of God

However, I find many so called christian churches who hold controversial views.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't find any part of it controversial but the secular world has. Christians live in the world but are not suppose to be a part of it. I have had a thread removed once and another thread was closed. Too controversial I suppose.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I guess, I tried to post a controversial thread recently about Christianity and it got removed probably because my profile says that I’m unsure about whether I’m a Christian or not. So I started this thread because I wanted to ask you all as individuals... what part or parts of Christianity do you find controversial?
Your profile says you want to share your faith, but at the same time you say you are unsure. So what do you have faith in then?

Sep 3, 2016
Proverbs 8:7-8 says, that every Word that God has ever spoken is in "Truth and in Righteousness." According to the gospel that Paul preached, "Righteousness is only awarded by God if our Faith is placed and maintained exclusively in Christ Jesus and the Finished work of the Lamb of God at Calvary Cross. Therefore, no man or woman can see, hear, or understand if "Righteousness is not awarded and will operate from the "Law of sin and death." Confusion - conflict and death.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So I started this thread because I wanted to ask you all as individuals... what part or parts of Christianity do you find controversial?
Hi Stephanie,

For Christians: NOTHING IS CONTROVERSIAL IN SCRIPTURE

For unbelievers: EVERYTHING IS CONTROVERSIAL IN THE BIBLE

Those who instigate controversies are generally enemies of the truth. Something which you should know is that Bible Christianity is SUPERNATURAL. So if you have a hard time in believing things which are not natural or rational (according to human rationality) then you can dismiss the Bible altogether.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hello StephanieMM,

Faith in Christ as our Lord, Savior and King unites us. However, everyone is at different places or levels of maturity. There is NO condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus.

God is sorting us all out and working on us - we're ALL under construction.

No worries. God knows what He is doing. We will all eventually love one another.......... it's a process. :love:(y)

Mar 28, 2016

How men say they hear God. What prescriptions they use to divide.

The words that have their meaning altered seem to be a place. the word "apostle" and "sabbath" are two .

Removing old testament foundation of doctrines can be another stumbling stone.

What are your ideas that can become controversial?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I wouldn't say that I find anything in the bible as controversial.
But I would say that there is probably a lot in the Bible that I do not get.
I tend not to participate in such discussions.

I think those who start threads (not all of them) with a view to push a controversial point as belivers and non believers have no interest to discuss but impose.

So if I don't get a thread then I do not participate, but that doesn't stop me from researching.

I'm the type of person that would ask questions on what I don't get.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont find anything about christianity controversial because I know my Lord and saviour, who died for me.
He gave me the gift of salvation. He has also given to you, but maybe you just havent unpacked it.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
My understanding is God and His truths are constant and reasonable!!! Man not so much. The controversy found is in our interpretations and often in our delivery and tone in expressing them. Until we can find harmony with all scripture, which He helps us find, we need to continue praying and seeking.
We know complete unveiling is not ours yet, but He does tell us that the mystery of God is in Christ and that we must lean on His all knowing, all while intentionally seeking Him and His Truths. I am so thankful that He gives us the spirit of love and a sound mind. I need them both, we all do.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
How are the answers to your rather vague question going to assist you in believing in G-d?

Dec 12, 2013
Nothing controversial, but I do find numerous anomalies, mind blowing truths, and some very deep implications that go above the average study and or read.......

Dec 12, 2013
are you sure?

not even "d" ?

;)
:p
:LOL:
Hahahahhah I freely admit my name is David and I am controversial ->Dcontroversal hahah

Actually my name from like 2005 when I got on AOL and it just stuck.....was the name they assigned me.....funny I had some now banned member accusing me of not knowing how to spell controversial.......

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Trichodomy vs. Dichotomy

:)
Charli said:

My understanding is God and His truths are constant and reasonable!!! Man not so much. The controversy found is in our interpretations and often in our delivery and tone in expressing them. Until we can find harmony with all scripture, which He helps us find, we need to continue praying and seeking.

amen.png

Dec 12, 2013
We know complete unveiling is not ours yet, but He does tell us that the mystery of God is in Christ and that we must lean on His all knowing, all while intentionally seeking Him and His Truths. I am so thankful that He gives us the spirit of love and a sound mind. I need them both, we all do.
Was John the Baptist controversial in the way he delievered the message and his tone when he used particular names, designations and obvious fervor and heat to lay his message to the people and the Pharisees?

What about Jesus....was he controverisal when he made a whip, drove the money changers from the temple with zeal while proclaiming the truth of His Father's house, or when he lay bare the hypocrisy of the Pharisees, people and others with particular names, designations and zeal?

What about Elijah, or Paul or maybe Moses when in anger he smashed the stone tablets......?

God uses many men with different demeanors and or methods of delivery............the word by it's very nature CUTS, OFFENDS and DIVIDES.........

Sometimes God needs it to be in our face because humanity is as stubborn as a mule and we will NOT listen to it if we are coddled, pampered and given the word like a crushed asprin with sugar in a spoon........

I had some white washed coffin tell me one time....We will catch more flies with honey than vinegar......My reply...we are not catching flies but rather lost humans that are facing an eternal hell......

I despise that type of attitude........sugar coat the word <--fires me right up

Feb 28, 2016
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, if one feels than they must wear a (crown) into a CCRoom, and then ASK OTHERS about 'controversy'?

ya'll try and wrap your heads around this...
:):)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Jesus.

Because of Him we will be thrown out, persecuted, punished, killed, rejected, called evil hypocrites,
lied about, betrayed, treated as nothing.

And believers will come and treat us like we are the most evil thing possible, yet all we share is Jesus
and His love, patience, honesty and integrity.

So when you begin to walk with our Lord, everything becomes contraversial because the enemy hates
His truth, and desire to discourage the work of God in every and any circumstance, yet in Jesus we have
the victory and salvation from all that the world has to offer. Amen.