What do you share?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you share?

• I share only what I don't like

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

Tinuviel

This was an interesting topic that came up when I was talking to my sister yesterday. Some people share everything they have. Some people share nothing. A lot of people are in between somewhere.

So! What do you share? What do you NOT share?

I share most things, really. Not because I'm particularly generous, but because I really don't care that much. I even share some items that people consider downright gross or off-limits such as: deodorant, a bathroom stall, table cutlery, lipstick, clothing (with one of my sisters...for all the other sisters clothing sharing is on their no no list), shoes, socks, jewelry, water bottles, hair brushes...I will admit that the one time necessity and common sense dictated that I share my tooth brush I wasn't too happy, and I will admit to sharing an undershirt with a stranger. What can I say? We were in a production together and she needed it more than I. I had only been wearing it for half an hour, and she brought it back clean the next night. I think she got the short end of the stick, but she at least didn't run the risk of someone barging into the dressing room when she was skimpily clothed.

I also share a bedroom (and bed), a closet, car, electronics, my books and music collection, and my favorite tree in the back yard. Also the dinner I cooked :p. My rule is ask first. That's all; usually I'm more than happy to share as long as you ask.

I do NOT share my letters, Bible/prayer journal, my deepest emotions, chocolate, pillow, or my unfinished writings. Hands. OFF.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
One thing I do not share and that is the love that I have for my wife.

M

MissCris

As a teenager, I shared just about everything with one or two close friends, but not much with anyone else. Drinks, clothes, shoes, jewelry, food, utensils, makeup...there was one time I had just popped my last piece of gum into my mouth and my friend asked if I had any more. JOKINGLY, I split the piece in my mouth into two and offered her one. She took it. And chewed it. That was a bit much for me.

Now, I'm a little less generous. I don't like to share my books (those almost never come back and I had to learn that lesson by losing an entire series to someone I thought for sure would return them). I've had acquaintances take sips of my drink without asking- that's a no-go. I won't drink it after that. My mother-in-law borrowed my soap last time she stayed here- I had to throw it out. She did let me know that she at least didn't borrow my razor :rolleyes:

I don't like to share space, either. I mean, I have 3 other people in the house with me, and that's fine, but I don't want any of them barging into my personal bubble and staying very long. I need warning, people!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I try to share my opinions...

but no one wants to borrow them.

----------

U

Ugly

What and how much I share varies. It depends on who they are, my mood, what is being considered to share.

I don't like sharing food with people. My dad, sometimes, is the only regular exception. And if I'm romantically involved. Romantic partners get a lot more freedom in various areas than anyone else, including family.
Anything that may spread germs I don't like sharing, such as forks, eating off the same food, "double dipping" etc... unless, of course, I'm dating someone. Then I'm not phased.
Even with food it varies. Sometimes I'm more generous, other times I can be stingy with it haha.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I am reasonably willing to share, depending on the item and the borrower. Personal items are, well, personal, and should not be shared. If there is a reasonably high possibility of sharing a communicable disease by sharing an item, I probably won't share it.

Tools... it depends on the borrower. I live in a community that is about 75% Christian, and many of the people have been here for decades. Strangers and newcomers generally don't ask, so that's less of a concern.

Books and similar items, it depends on the specific item. I've lost several books to borrowers who didn't return them.

Which reminds me of a saying I appreciate... if a friend borrows $20 and you never see that friend again, it was a good investment. ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Once these two guys were fishing on the riverbank. Suddenly one of them said, "Frank, we best friends, right?"

"Yeah Joe, we best buddies alright."

"If you had two Cadillacs, you'd give me one of em, right Frank?"

"Sure, if I had two Cadillacs I'd give you one."

"Well Frank, what if you won the lottery and got 50 million dollars, you'd give me half of it, right?"

"Sure thing man, we's buddies."

"What if you had two hogs, you'd give me..."

"Now wait a minute Joe! You know good and well I got two hogs. You best hold up there."

Moral of the story: It's easy to share when it's hypothetical. ;)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I like to share what I can. It doesn’t matter who you are. Before I met Jesus, I was a greedy stubborn person, and now Hes taught me that things of this world are not mine to keep anyway. So now I share what I can give, and this includes the Love of Christ :)

The only exception that I will not share are donuts. That’s a one woman thang.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Oops, I voted without realizing you meant material things, not personal info about yourself... :cautious:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I'm willing to share pizza if we're cool.

as for my husband, his quote is "no milk will ever be our milk."

lol.

FENNER2

Apr 21, 2018
I live with two kids and a husband, a dog and three cats. I eat many things they don't care for, Greek yogurt, sauerkraut, just plain sauerkraut. Sushi, tuna. So I share of course, because of dietary restrictions I don't eat a lot of what they eat so it all evens out.

Rachel20

May 7, 2013
I don't like to share space and personal toiletries with strangers.

I have no problem with my friends and family using my things.

I don't mind sharing my food but doing it with my boyfriend is actually an enjoyable activity. Its probably sappy but I like feeding him.

We have a favorite spot in San Francisco where they have novelty ice creams. We usually get a sundae together, walk to the pier and sit on a bench by the bay.
Also, I am partial to fries (more than him) and so he usually buys me one and we share or rather I feed him.

I also like to share about my day with him. We are constantly in touch.

I also keep my parents and close friends informed about my life. :)