What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Are you the receiver though? (Which is probably closer to what I was asking in the first place.)

I have this incredible gift my DH marvels at. We're watching TV shows together, with big blocks of time in between segments filled with commercials. On a rare occasion I receive one, and react to it with him. Then he laughs, tells me this commercial has been on for over a year, and how come I didn't react until now? I never saw it before. I was looking at TV, even during the commercials, yet never saw the commercials. My gift. I am fully capable, and practice it often, in zoning out when the commercials are on. That makes me not a receiver. In which case, I don't have to figure out the proper reaction, because I don't see it to react.

Likewise, I find myself reacting to quite a few titles on this forum that go by like I'm watching a commercial. It is something I can tell, strictly by seeing the name of it, how long ago the first post was made, and how many pages of responses have followed it, to decide I'm not going in there to receive anything.

After Angela started talking about women preachers, I took a look again. It was on the first page. I never noticed it before. So, I never received whatever whoever was writing it wanted me to see.

So before getting to the point of receiving a message, do you decide if you want to receive it? Are you always a receiver? :unsure:

I'm thinking much that has been sent wasn't worth receiving.
Of course I’m a receiver, I like to think of it more of being a good listener and ‘hearing’ what one has to say, but my point being was that we must also ask/seek God to give us the spirit of discernment to whether that ‘message’ that we ‘received’ is going to be edifying for our spirit and beneficial in our walks with Christ.

Am I always a receiver? Yeah, most of the time. The other times I am asleep.

7seasrekeyed

I am not sure if you mean me or not :unsure:

But you know, this is a discussion board, no thread will stay just on the OP question all the time. People are flexibile :)

yeah

some men responding in this thread are not at all flexible

it's their way or the highway and they hide their bad attitudes behind the Bible and use God as an excuse for their prejudice and bias

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
The equating of women who are genuinely seeking to follow God's call on their lives with feminists of any stripe is unreasonable, demeaning, and condescending. They simply aren't in the same category. Calling them "rebellious" is silly and unfruitful.

While there are Christians who borrow feminist arguments to support their cause, it is both unwise and unnecessary. The feminist movement has very little to do with Christianity. While it has brought about some important changes, those changes have nothing to do with women preaching, teaching, and leading.

We are called to disagree honestly and respectfully. If you can't do that, it's your issue, not the other person's, no matter what they believe. It seems that atheists get better treatment around here than people who hold to Christ and draw differing conclusions from His word. That's just sad. If we can't follow the command to love one another and let that filter our posts, we're failing miserably at this "Christian" thing. I'm preaching to myself as much as to anyone else.

Although, I agree with it being "unwise and unnecessary", nonetheless, it IS being done! As reading posts on this thread will "no doubt" clearly show! Refer to the book of Jude, for reference.

The "problem" is, or seems to be, no one is able in refuting or rebuking successfully these "infiltration's" spoken of by Jude! There ARE "many!" Women, are just AS guilty as Men, as we travel down this "road of apostasy!" :mad:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Although, I agree with it being "unwise and unnecessary", nonetheless, it IS being done! As reading posts on this thread will "no doubt" clearly show! Refer to the book of Jude, for reference.

The "problem" is, or seems to be, no one is able in refuting or rebuking successfully these "infiltration's" spoken of by Jude! There ARE "many!" Women, are just AS guilty as Men, as we travel down this "road of apostasy!" :mad:
Perhaps you could clarify... are you blaming women generally for feminist infiltrations? Or are you saying simply that the infiltrations are not limited to either gender?

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Eve
Noah's wife.
Noah's DIL
Sarah
Rebekah
Rachael
Leah
Dinah
Jochebed
Mariam
Rahab
Namoi
Ruth
Deborah
Samson's Mom
Hannah
Abrigail
Widow of Zeraphath
Shunammite Woman
Huldah
Ester
Mary, wife of Joseph
Elizabeth
Anna
Samaritan woman
The woman who kissed Jesus' feet and perfumed them
Martha of Bethany
Mary of Bethany
Mary Magdeline
Dorcas
Lydia
Priscilla
Eunice
Lois
ME!

What? Like you don't think he chooses woman at all?
not to teach or preach, but to perform services and duties.. You people will never learn.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
You people will never learn.
No godly love, or patience in that very statement. This saddens me that people lack the trust in the Holy Spirit to work on one’s heart to receive their message.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
God uses each one of us. He can use us at a local assembly, work place, school, home, or at the store as we pay the cashier.

He has given us ALL the Gospel message to preach. I say that’s a pretty important task and privilege! To share with others the message of freedom Jesus gives! :D

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
No godly love, or patience in that very statement. This saddens me that people lack the trust in the Holy Spirit to work on one’s heart to receive their message.
All preachers in the OT were men, all preachers and teacher in the NT were men. The women were to teach the other women and girls. These are people that search through scripture to look for what they do not know until they find it. Hoping they can prove you wrong. If you don't know the whole story, You cannot tell the whole story, only what you have searched out.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
God uses each one of us. He can use us at a local assembly, work place, school, home, or at the store as we pay the cashier.

He has given us ALL the Gospel message to preach. I say that’s a pretty important task and privilege! To share with others the message of freedom Jesus gives! :D
You could'nt tell Paul, and the other disciples anything they did not already know from the Holy Spirit. I can hear Paul now,Woman, you cannot teach me nothing I don't already know.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Actually, I would hear Paul say:

“And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭13:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

7seasrekeyed

not to teach or preach, but to perform serwvices and duties.. You people will never learn.
you people?

if I might interrupt your misogynist posts for a moment...

I am asking in all seriousness here

are you saved? did you actually join to be a participant or are you a troll of some sort?

why are you here?

7seasrekeyed

I would suggest to anyone who wonders why gabriel here is so angry and disrespectful towards women, that they check out ALL his posts

he is the same in every post

so it's not just women...men are also getting the 'love'

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
you people?

are you saved? did you actually join to be a participant or are you a troll of some sort?

why are you here?
I might be all that, but one thing is for sure, you people are in for a rude awakening for denying the truth.

M

Miri

I would suggest to anyone who wonders why gabriel here is so angry and disrespectful towards women, that they check out ALL his posts

he is the same in every post

so it's not just women...men are also getting the 'love'

Can you feel the love tonight 😆

Isn’t that from the lion king!

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
I might be all that, but one thing is for sure, you people are in for a rude awakening for denying the truth.
Talk is cheap. No one can show me in the bible where women are aloud to preach. No ,not one. Fight all you like, you are just hurting yourselves.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Talk is cheap. No one can show me in the bible where women are aloud to preach. No ,not one. Fight all you like, you are just hurting yourselves.
Proverbs, that's where a woman preaches aloud.

Perhaps if you spell the word correctly, your point will come across as something other than acrimonious spleen-venting. Or not.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Perhaps you could clarify... are you blaming women generally for feminist infiltrations? Or are you saying simply that the infiltrations are not limited to either gender?
OH NO!! Trans genders, and cross dressers, and men identifying as women, and women identifying as men too! And women who like to lay with just women, and women who like to lay with women and men. And, men who like to lay down with only men, and men who like to lay down with men and women. And even people of either (?) gender who might identify themselves as any myriad of varmit, or insect! Shocking, ain't it?

Here's the real clincher, Dino! Even straight men and women too! These are the ones that "really" need watching!

Yeah? That "beguiler? It's an "equal opportunity "infiltrator", it is!

Thing is! Not to get bogged down in swatting fly's in the Temple, allowing the camel to prance right in!

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
you people?

why are you here?
CORINTHIANS 1; 11; 1;Be ye followers of me,even as I also am of Christ. 2; Now I praise you, brethren, that ye Remember me in all all things,and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3; But I would have you KNOW, that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.......................This means that neither can go above the other,each is submissive to the other. 4. Every man praying or prophesying,having his head covered, dishonoureth his head..............meaning no covering should block the covering he already has, which is Christ. 5; But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head,for that is even all one as if she were shaven...............This mean only by the authority of a man. ;;;6;For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn.......................And this shorn means to cut away or removed. 7; For a man indeed ought not to cover his head,forasmuch as he is the image, and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of the man..................This means that the woman should not have authority over the man. 8; For the man is not of the woman;but the woman of the man. 9; Neither was the man created for the woman;but the woman for the man. 10; For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 11; Nevertheless neither is the man without woman,neither the woman without man, in the Lord. 12; For as the woman is of the man,even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.......................This means that that the things mentioned above must be followed in order with the man and woman in the kingdom of God. There are some women who just cannot handle this or deal with it. Submission is out of the question for them.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Proverbs, that's where a woman preaches aloud.

Perhaps if you spell the word correctly, your point will come across as something other than acrimonious spleen-venting. Or not.
Idle talk, very cheap.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
People need to just accept what the word of God has to say,and stop trying to insert what is not in scripture. If women have a problem with that, they need to take it up with God., and stop telling everybody else that they are wrong. Like I said, find one woman. Men are physically strong, more durable, and not subject to sexual attacks as women are. For that reason, the gospel was not hindered.
Abraham was subject to a sexual assault. How physically strong does one have to be to be fit for the role as a pastor? How did you come to the conclusion that men are more durable? The reasons you stated for excluding women are invalid.