What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Women can't help it, because that is what God put on Eve. ,to desire(lust) after Adam for sex that led to more child bearing.. Since she lusted after the forbidden fruit, he took her lust and used it against her. Women want children,and to do that ,they have to have sex. But they have to put it in perspective and have only one husband.
Um...... wut?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Study and understand Matthew 15:3, and answer
I know what the traditions of men are.. I was asking Gabriel 2020 to define what he believes is the traditions of men in relation to my comment.. He accused my comment of being a tradition of men.. I called upon him to justify his accusation against what i wrote..

Jun 23, 2018
The most that would be on my mind would me lusting at her body,and not concetrating on what she is saying. Get the picture. ? You women call men dogs
Matthew 5:28; Exodus 20:10; you have the book, you call it " Bible"

L

LaVieEnRose

Women can't help it, because that is what God put on Eve. ,to desire(lust) after Adam for sex that led to more child bearing.. Since she lusted after the forbidden fruit, he took her lust and used it against her. Women want children,and to do that ,they have to have sex. But they have to put it in perspective and have only one husband.
I don’t think lusting after knowledge is quite the same as lusting after a man.

Sex is not only for procreation, it is for the husband and wife to enjoy each other.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
I don’t think lusting after knowledge is quite the same as lusting after a man.

Sex is not only for procreation, it is for the husband and wife to enjoy each other.
Lust is simply having the desire to want something, including sex and knowledge.

L

LaVieEnRose

Lust is simply having the desire to want something, including sex and knowledge.
Not all lust is sinful, I could lust for a bath (not sinful) or lust for Sam Elliott (sinful).

I would remind you that men lust as well as women.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
At least women are allowed, according to Paul to be deacons in their church. That's something anyways.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Go to a church with an ugly pastor? Lol, I’m being sort of silly, but sort of not. If a person, male or female, finds himself or herself fantasizing about the pastor- I think the person should change churches. Give no occasion to sin.

Sam Elliott is a sexy man (in my opinion). If I was attending a church and the pastor looked and sounded like Sam Elliott, I might should find another church.
Then again, such pastor may be single, an avid reader, and romantically inclined. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have few days passing through this chat, forum, and I see very clear how every one (the majority) dream in full day. His name is not Jesus any more, from when raised from the death His name is "CHRIST" and not other ways. Matthew 16:16;1:16. Through this show very clear how you all don't study. I do not tell you do not read, because every Sunday I see men and women with the book (Bible) on their hands going at so called by you "church". Yes you read, THE LETTERS IN WORDS but not the words.
Matthew 16:12.
Did you all read it ?

Then how you call today a "Pharisee" or a "sadducee" ? What is the English word ?

Matthew 23:13.

Did you read ? Wat is the English word for "scribe" ? ( Don't come with that crap from NIV "techer of the law)

Then, how you can to understand the Holy Scripture Book ?
Be ready to answer, in general you from USA.
I'm inclined to answer but unfortunately don't have a clue what the question is that your asking.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Oh, I don’t know. There are some “norms”. MOST people (men and women) would call Marilyn Monroe hot. MOST people (men and women) would call Margaret Hamilton plain.

Of course, some people don’t think too much about Marilyn Monroe and consider her looks overrated.

And I am sure Margaret Hamilton’s husband thought she was beautiful.
Besides the Wicked Witch of the west she was also the Maxwell House coffee lady. I'm sure that her husband thought that she was good to the last drop.

L

LaVieEnRose

Besides the Wicked Witch of the west she was also the Maxwell House coffee lady. I'm sure that her husband thought that she was good to the last drop.
I’ve seen her in interviews and on the Mr. Rogers show, she seemed to be a very warm and humorous lady.

L

LaVieEnRose

Then again, such pastor may be single, an avid reader, and romantically inclined. :)
True, but I’m not chasing men. I chased one and it ended very badly. Besides, I want to be pursued, not the pursuer.

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
@ whatev

Empty wagons make a lot of noise. Countless men (only God knows the exact number) come to CC and rant about women's roles.

How are they empty? They rant about women's roles, but they know and write so little about men's roles. They conveniently fail to acknowledge that MOST (not all, but MOST) of the virtues, duties and verses that THEY label as "Women's Roles" apply to men also because the Bible was NOT written to, for or about women only. The Bible was written to, for and about BOTH men & women.

For example, consider
1 Peter 3:1-6:

1 Peter 3:1 - they may be WON over …

Won refers to soul winning and/or winning a brother or sister in Christ out of sinful behavior (restoration): Pro 11:30,
1 Cor 9:19-20, Mat 18:15.

Soul winning and/or restoring our brothers and sister who are caught in sin is part of the Christian lifestyle. Husbands should do it too. They aren’t exempt.

1 Peter 3:2 - when they see the PURITY

Being pure is part of the Christian lifestyle. Husbands should do it too. They are not exempt. 1 John 3:3, 1 Tim 1:5, 1 Pet 1:22, Jam 1:27, Jam 4:8.

Some translations use CHASTE instead of purity. In the New Testament, both men and women are commanded to be chaste:
1 Thes 4:1-8, 1 Cor 7:1-5, Col 3:5, Ephesians 5:3, Heb 13:4, 1 Cor 6:18, Rom 13:13-14, 2 Tim 2:22, 1 Pet 2:11.

1 Peter 3:2 - when they see the REVERENCE

Both men and women are instructed to reverence God: 1 Sam 12:24, Acts 9:31, Ecc 8:12, Heb 12:28, Psa 2:11.

1 Peter 3:4 - GENTLE

In that same chapter, after Peter instructs wives to have a gentle and quiet spirit, he instructs ALL Christians to be gentle to others: 1 Peter 3:15.
Eph 4:2, Phil 4:5, Tit 3:2, Col 3:12, Gal 6:1
Paul practiced gentleness: 2 Cor 10:1.
Jesus is gentle: Mat 11:29.
Gentleness is a fruit of the spirit: Gal 5:22.

1 Peter 3:4 - QUIET

Both men and women are instructed to be quiet: Ecc 3:7, Jam 1:19, 1 Tim 2:2, Pro 13:3, 1 Thes 4:11, Pro 11:12, Pro 10:19, Psa 4:4

1 Peter 3:5 - TRUST GOD

Trusting God is part of the Christian lifestyle: Pro 3:5, Ps 9:10, Ps 84:12,

Ps 37:1-3 Ps 115:11, Isa 26:4. Husbands should trust God too. They are not exempt.

1 Peter 3:6 - Sarah obeyed Abraham

Genesis 21:12 describes a time when God told Abraham to listen (Shema, Strong's 8085 - defined as obey) to his wife Sarah concerning a very important household matter.

1 Peter 3:6 - DO NOT GIVE WAY TO FEAR

Both men and women are told “do not fear.”
Joh 14:27, Phil 4:6, Mat 10:31

With that being said, I wonder if the men who rant about women's roles are winning souls, restoring others, being pure, chaste, reverent, gentle & quiet, trusting God and not being afraid. In other words, I wonder if the men who come to CC and rant about women's roles are practicing what they preach - rant about. If I consider their approach and attitude on CC, I truly doubt it.

Jun 23, 2018
@ whatev

Empty wagons make a lot of noise. Countless men (only God knows the exact number) come to CC and rant about women's roles.

How are they empty? They rant about women's roles, but they know and write so little about men's roles. They conveniently fail to acknowledge that MOST (not all, but MOST) of the virtues, duties and verses that THEY label as "Women's Roles" apply to men also because the Bible was NOT written to, for or about women only. The Bible was written to, for and about BOTH men & women.

For example, consider
1 Peter 3:1-6:

1 Peter 3:1 - they may be WON over …

Won refers to soul winning and/or winning a brother or sister in Christ out of sinful behavior (restoration): Pro 11:30,
1 Cor 9:19-20, Mat 18:15.

Soul winning and/or restoring our brothers and sister who are caught in sin is part of the Christian lifestyle. Husbands should do it too. They aren’t exempt.

1 Peter 3:2 - when they see the PURITY

Being pure is part of the Christian lifestyle. Husbands should do it too. They are not exempt. 1 John 3:3, 1 Tim 1:5, 1 Pet 1:22, Jam 1:27, Jam 4:8.

Some translations use CHASTE instead of purity. In the New Testament, both men and women are commanded to be chaste:
1 Thes 4:1-8, 1 Cor 7:1-5, Col 3:5, Ephesians 5:3, Heb 13:4, 1 Cor 6:18, Rom 13:13-14, 2 Tim 2:22, 1 Pet 2:11.

1 Peter 3:2 - when they see the REVERENCE

Both men and women are instructed to reverence God: 1 Sam 12:24, Acts 9:31, Ecc 8:12, Heb 12:28, Psa 2:11.
Ok
1 Peter 3:4 - GENTLE

In that same chapter, after Peter instructs wives to have a gentle and quiet spirit, he instructs ALL Christians to be gentle to others: 1 Peter 3:15.
Eph 4:2, Phil 4:5, Tit 3:2, Col 3:12, Gal 6:1
Paul practiced gentleness: 2 Cor 10:1.
Jesus is gentle: Mat 11:29.
Gentleness is a fruit of the spirit: Gal 5:22.

1 Peter 3:4 - QUIET

Both men and women are instructed to be quiet: Ecc 3:7, Jam 1:19, 1 Tim 2:2, Pro 13:3, 1 T Ihes 4:11, Pro 11:12, Pro 10:19, Psa 4:4

1 Peter 3:5 - TRUST GOD

Trusting God is part of the Christian lifestyle: Pro 3:5, Ps 9:10, Ps 84:12,

Ps 37:1-3 Ps 115:11, Isa 26:4. Husbands should trust God too. They are not exempt.

1 Peter 3:6 - Sarah obeyed Abraham

Genesis 21:12 describes a time when God told Abraham to listen (Shema, Strong's 8085 - defined as obey) to his wife Sarah concerning a very important household matter.

1 Peter 3:6 - DO NOT GIVE WAY TO FEAR

Both men and women are told “do not fear.”
Joh 14:27, Phil 4:6, Mat 10:31

With that being said, I wonder if the men who rant about women's roles are winning souls, restoring others, being pure, chaste, reverent, gentle & quiet, trusting God and not being afraid. In other words, I wonder if the men who come to CC and rant about women's roles are practicing what they preach - rant about. If I consider their approach and attitude on CC, I truly doubt it.
Sister, according with the picture of you, you did not understood 1 Timothy 2:9; 1 Peter 3:2-6; and so on.
Then, what do you want to tell ?

Yes, in this chat, forum, I see only lewd men that act like never seen a woman. But the question is : Who raised up that man from when was baby, not by a woman so called "mother" ?

I am not your husband, and your husband, or father was not able to show to you, and for that I do.
Please, take and read, Genesis 3:16; 1 Corinthians 11:3-11;14:34,35; Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Timothy 2:9-15; 5:6,11-15; Titus 2:3-5; 1 Peter 3:1-6; and so on.

Did you read ?

Then who permit to you for you communicate with other man outside of your husband, or your father if you are virgin, Holy God through His Son Lord Christ or Satan through Democracy ?

How is saved a woman ? Did you read 1 Timothy 2:15 ?

Then sister, 1 Peter 3:1 is "Likewise, ye wives,be in subjection to your own husbands;..."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Sister, according with the picture of you, you did not understood 1 Timothy 2:9; 1 Peter 3:2-6; and so on.
Then, what do you want to tell ?

Yes, in this chat, forum, I see only lewd men that act like never seen a woman. But the question is : Who raised up that man from when was baby, not by a woman so called "mother" ?

I am not your husband, and your husband, or father was not able to show to you, and for that I do.
Please, take and read, Genesis 3:16; 1 Corinthians 11:3-11;14:34,35; Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Timothy 2:9-15; 5:6,11-15; Titus 2:3-5; 1 Peter 3:1-6; and so on.

Did you read ?

Then who permit to you for you communicate with other man outside of your husband, or your father if you are virgin, Holy God through His Son Lord Christ or Satan through Democracy ?

How is saved a woman ? Did you read 1 Timothy 2:15 ?

Then sister, 1 Peter 3:1 is "Likewise, ye wives,be in subjection to your own husbands;..."
Your misreading of Scripture and arrogant denigration of both men and women really needs to be addressed.

Read Galatians 3:28.

Did you read it?

Then stop denigrating women.

Read Genesis 1:27.

Did you read it?

Then stop denigrating men.

By the way, the US is a republic, not a democracy. When you find a theocracy you're welcome to go there.