What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What do you think of men on this forum preaching about "the woman's role?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

7seasrekeyed

Sister, to be at your knowledge, what you call "This country" is not a country, but is a "RELIGION" made by Satan through his disciples, the rich people and their followers.( Matt. 19:21-24; Acts 2:44,45,46; James 5:1-6) , like any other country made by Satan upon this earth through rich men and their followers
This earth is our city, what before Holy God has a name, and every man of USA in general have to know the name. Our county you call it "Milky Way Galaxy" and before Holy God has a name too. And our country you call it "universe", what is our Christian Kingdom and the King is Lord Christ what was 2000 years ago upon this earth and had the name "Jesus" and is the Son of Holy God that created us.

...., Women are not prosecuted by men... That is true, because you don't have men BUT YOU HAVE PURE PURE LEWDS and nothing else, because they act like never saw a woman in their life.

From when Lord Christ build His Church on women ? From When ?
Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 11:3; Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Timothy 2:11-15?

Genesis 3:1-6;1 Timothy 2:14;2 Corinthians 11:3;

Then, who build his church on women ? - NOT SATAN ?

"So many men hide their attitudes behind scripture,...". To be at your knowledge, not the men hide behind scripture, BUT YOU THE WOMEN. James 4:4; 1 John 2:15; Matthew 6:24; 1 Timothy 2:14,15; 5:6-15; Galatians 5:16-21; 1 Corinthians 6:13-20; Matthew 12:37; 15:8,9; Acts 4:19; 5:29.

Then who is the hypocrite, not you the women ?

Your god's name is not Jesus, neither Christ, neither Holy Gost, BUT IS SATAN, and not other ways
I'm NOT your sister

I realize English is not your first language, but your attitude still comes across and your beliefs are not biblical

I don't answer to you however we all answer to God no matter what we believe

wherever your attitude came from is where you should have left it.

when people from another country come to the US, or Canada (where I am from) and start slamming it and bad mouthing it and think they are some kind of wunderkind Old Testament Prophet or oracle of God and have the right to blast Christians in the country to which they have been received and every second word out of the mouth is satan or hell or demon or hypocrite or some other damming castigation, I have but one little bit of advice for the person

go back to where you came from if you don't like it in Canada or the US

who all do you think you are? why did you come here if you hate it so much and hate the people here?

7seasrekeyed

Oh yes I know what guest means; I just wanted to know why she decided to leave. :)
ha...well she said from the get go she thought we were all not up to her standards of Christianity

I would not say anything normally, but it is not a ban so ...

7seasrekeyed

@ whatev

Empty wagons make a lot of noise. Countless men (only God knows the exact number) come to CC and rant about women's roles.

How are they empty? They rant about women's roles, but they know and write so little about men's roles. They conveniently fail to acknowledge that MOST (not all, but MOST) of the virtues, duties and verses that THEY label as "Women's Roles" apply to men also because the Bible was NOT written to, for or about women only. The Bible was written to, for and about BOTH men & women.

For example, consider
1 Peter 3:1-6:

1 Peter 3:1 - they may be WON over …

Won refers to soul winning and/or winning a brother or sister in Christ out of sinful behavior (restoration): Pro 11:30,
1 Cor 9:19-20, Mat 18:15.

Soul winning and/or restoring our brothers and sister who are caught in sin is part of the Christian lifestyle. Husbands should do it too. They aren’t exempt.

1 Peter 3:2 - when they see the PURITY

Being pure is part of the Christian lifestyle. Husbands should do it too. They are not exempt. 1 John 3:3, 1 Tim 1:5, 1 Pet 1:22, Jam 1:27, Jam 4:8.

Some translations use CHASTE instead of purity. In the New Testament, both men and women are commanded to be chaste:
1 Thes 4:1-8, 1 Cor 7:1-5, Col 3:5, Ephesians 5:3, Heb 13:4, 1 Cor 6:18, Rom 13:13-14, 2 Tim 2:22, 1 Pet 2:11.

1 Peter 3:2 - when they see the REVERENCE

Both men and women are instructed to reverence God: 1 Sam 12:24, Acts 9:31, Ecc 8:12, Heb 12:28, Psa 2:11.

1 Peter 3:4 - GENTLE

In that same chapter, after Peter instructs wives to have a gentle and quiet spirit, he instructs ALL Christians to be gentle to others: 1 Peter 3:15.
Eph 4:2, Phil 4:5, Tit 3:2, Col 3:12, Gal 6:1
Paul practiced gentleness: 2 Cor 10:1.
Jesus is gentle: Mat 11:29.
Gentleness is a fruit of the spirit: Gal 5:22.

1 Peter 3:4 - QUIET

Both men and women are instructed to be quiet: Ecc 3:7, Jam 1:19, 1 Tim 2:2, Pro 13:3, 1 Thes 4:11, Pro 11:12, Pro 10:19, Psa 4:4

1 Peter 3:5 - TRUST GOD

Trusting God is part of the Christian lifestyle: Pro 3:5, Ps 9:10, Ps 84:12,

Ps 37:1-3 Ps 115:11, Isa 26:4. Husbands should trust God too. They are not exempt.

1 Peter 3:6 - Sarah obeyed Abraham

Genesis 21:12 describes a time when God told Abraham to listen (Shema, Strong's 8085 - defined as obey) to his wife Sarah concerning a very important household matter.

1 Peter 3:6 - DO NOT GIVE WAY TO FEAR

Both men and women are told “do not fear.”
Joh 14:27, Phil 4:6, Mat 10:31

With that being said, I wonder if the men who rant about women's roles are winning souls, restoring others, being pure, chaste, reverent, gentle & quiet, trusting God and not being afraid. In other words, I wonder if the men who come to CC and rant about women's roles are practicing what they preach - rant about. If I consider their approach and attitude on CC, I truly doubt it.

yeah

you know I'm pretty sure they have to get all the women out of the way first

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
Curious what people are thinking since it seems the same people are following the threads, and most seem to ignore them.

(And multiple choice is OK.)
What do YOU think about men preaching on women's roles

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
William Tyndale

In many things God hath made men stronger than women , not to rage upon them and to be tyrants unto them , but to help them to bear their weakness.

- The Obedience of a Christian Man -
by William Tyndale p. 61

Shalom​

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Dr. Eli Lizorkin-Eyzenberg is a Messianic Jew who is an expert in Biblical languages and history. He wrote the following about the Biblical role of women.

The Unlikely Role of the Biblical Woman
Date April 25, 2018
Dr. Eli Lizorkin-Eyzenberg

In Torah we read the following about Eve’s primary function:

וַיֹּאמֶר יהוה אֱלֹהִים לֹא־טוֹב הֱיוֹת הָאָדָם לְבַדּוֹ אֶעֱשֶׂהּ־לּוֹ עֵזֶר כְּנֶגְדּוֹ׃

The LORD God said, “It is not good for man to be alone; I will make a fitting helper for him.” (Gen. 2:18)

The Hebrew word for “woman” is אִשָּׁה (isha) and for “man” אִישׁ (ish). What is interesting, however, is that these two words, “man” אִישׁ (ish) and “woman” אִשָּׁה (isha), although they sound similar do not share a common Hebrew root. The word אִישׁ (ish) comes from the root אִוֵּשׁ, connoting “strength”, while the word אִשָּׁה (isha) comes from the root אֲנָשׁ (anash), meaning “fragile”. The Hebrew Bible, while acknowledging the woman to be a “weaker vessel” (as in 1 Peter 3:7), assigned to a woman a very important role indeed.

Unfortunately, the English word “helper” does not sufficiently communicate the power of the original Hebrew meaning. This word is, in fact, a military term. The use of עֵזֶר (ezer) “helper” connotes an active intervention on behalf of someone. It describes someone who is committed to your well-being to the extent that s/he is willing to die or kill for you.

Most English translations (including the one cited above) describe Adam’s life-partner, Eve, as something akin to a “fitting helper”. However, the Hebrew phrase עֵזֶר כְּנֶגְדּוֹ (ezer kenegdo), if translated more literally, carries an intriguing meaning. Eve is described in oppositional terms, as “a helper who is against him”. It is also interesting that Proverbs 31:10 in referring to wisdom personified as a woman, calls her a אֵשֶׁת-חַיִל (eshet chayil) “a woman-soldier”!

Bible stories such as Zipporah opposing Moses, Tamar opposing Judah, Rahab opposing the elders of the city, and the Samaritan woman opposing male-sanctioned traditions and politics come to mind as examples. These great women of faith intervened, opposing the will of the men involved, and at great personal risk merited an unprecedented place in Biblical history. Join me and discover the beautiful simplicity of the Hebrew culture and language. Understand how it speaks through simple imagery, yet says so much.

Spiral2

Jul 25, 2018
England
Curious what people are thinking since it seems the same people are following the threads, and most seem to ignore them.

(And multiple choice is OK.)
It does depend on what the men are teaching. If it is biblical, then it is right. We do need to know / be reminded of our roles. God has a clear order of things. Men are to be the leaders but they have to be leading properly as God intended as it is instructed in the bible. Not lording it over and using the ' submit' card for power. Everyone should be focused on Jesus and it will all go right Jesus will lead your heart.It should be team effort. Man and women is equal with different roles
Ephesians 5:22
1 Tim 3:5
1 Corinthians 11:3
Ephesians 5:25
i believe women can teach as long as there is a male pastor , her father or husband whom she submits to. .