What does born again mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Remission of sins, and the promise of an eternal inheritance, was accomplished on the cross for all of those that God gave to his Son.

Mark 1:4, For (unto) the remission of sins, which would be accomplished on the cross.

Luke 24:47, The remission of sins, for those that God gave to his Son, should be preached in his name to (the lost sheep of the house of Israel) who are from every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation (Rev 5:9).

Mark 16:15-16, The lost sheep, of the household of Israel, were scattered abroad ( Matt 26:31 ). The gospel WAS PREACHED to every creature which is under heaven Col 1:23. The "saved" in verse 16 is not referencing eternal heaven, but rather, a deliverance that can be received by God's children, as they sojourn here on earth. saved, according to Greek means "delivered:"

Acts 2:36-39, Peter was preaching to the lost sheep of the household of Israel in verse 36.

When a person is born again, God exchanges the stony heart of the natural man for a fleshy heart that can be pricked to feel spiritual guilt ( Ezk 1119).

The Jews in Acts 2:37 were already born again, and reacted from their guilty conscience, by responding by saying unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, "What must we do?"

In contrast, when Stephen, preached the same rermon as Peter, to those men with a stony heart, they were "cut to the heart" and. gnashed on him with their teeth. ( Acts 7:54 ).

Rom 6:3-4, baptism doth also now save (deliver) us (from our guilty conscience). The "save" has no reference to eternal deliverance.
We are taught we either hear and believe and follow or we don’t it’s an instruction fornus to live a new life after converting

“if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness ( you’ve been renewed now walk it out by faith it’s about change )

(Instructions in righteousness change our minds about God ourselves and life )

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil.

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:21-22, 24-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

As we start to let the truth into our mind and heart hearing those instructions from God of how to live this happens

“and be renewed in the spirit of your mind;”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And this happens

“in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“born again “ “ renewed in spirit “ “ set free from the dungeon of sin “ it’s all the same point it’s about a new beginning

a when we get baptized it’s for repentance and remission of sins ehat that means is we’ve become like a new born baby to God were now innocent s if we have never sinned it’s a new beginning born again renewed raised from the dead ect it’s all about the concept of the gospel being able to change us through belief from sinners who have no real moral compass to children of God filled with the knowledge of his son in whom we believe

a born again is a concept about receiving new start from the mercy of God alone even though we sinned before he’s willing to forgive and forget if we will hear and believe Jesus

its a change concept like being set free from a snare , being set free from the bondage of sin and the guilty stains it left on us , no one actually is reborn but through faith we change and become new people it isn’t just because we get baptized d God doesn’t magically do it fornus

E get baptized so our sins can be removed and we can come into a relationship with God and learn from him and become new people that don’t think and act like lost sinners but become over time and through patience more like Jesus s we follow him

a born again is the same concept as being crucified and raised up from the dead it’s an end to the old d a new beginning where the person is t a condemned sinner but is a forgiven and clean child of God we just become disciples of Jesus learn from him and trust in him and that changes us

awe just let the doctrines in and Gods word will do the rest to change us

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when we hear the doctrine like this the instructions

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil.

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”

When we don’t reject it but instead accept and believe it it works in us to change our minds ( how we think about God ourselves the world life ect) and change our Will to be like Jesus Will and this then changes our actions

It’s all about change new beginning a new way to go a new life on Christ a new freedom we havent known

to be born again is a concept not an event it’s about the change of a sinner to a child of the living God

Water baptism is something Gods Holy Spirit established sending John to precede Jesus and has never changes its intent or meaning it’s for those who repent and believe the gospel to remit thier sins based on what God said , receiving the Holy Spirit is about a new life power in us it has nothing to do with remission of sins that’s what the water and blood are for[/QUOTE]

I had hopes that your reply would be coherent, but it is not. Could you supply scriptures along with your comments, so that I can try to make some sense out of it?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What is your understanding of John 10:26-30?
John 10
25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one.

Those who refuse to believe after they have been told and shown are not His sheep. God knows who will reject Him. They are not His sheep.

"Because you are not My sheep" = Because you refuse to hear my voice.

As for v.29, No one plucked Judas out of Jesus' or Father's hand. It was his own fault and undoing.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
John 10
25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one.

Those who refuse to believe after they have been told and shown are not His sheep. God knows who will reject Him. They are not His sheep.

As for v.29, No one plucked Judas out of Jesus' or Father's hand. It was his own fault and undoing.

How is the natural man, in 1 Cor 2:14, that cannot know the things of the Spirit, told and shown a gospel of spiritual things, until he has been born spiritually?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Sacred scripture:
Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jn 3:5 Protestant version: Jesus answered, verily, verily, I say to thee, except a man be born of water; and then born again by the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Protestant version refuted by
Jn 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. (They did not preach “faith alone” or “spiritual baptism”)

Protestant version refuted by the fact to be possible to be born again supernaturally you must already be born naturally.
thanks

What about John the baptist, when he was still in his mother's womb?

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Back in the decade of the 1960s, while still in my twenties, it occurred to me
that even if I managed to live a pious enough life to make the cut for
Heaven, I was pretty sure I couldn't keep up the piety forever. Sooner or
later I'd mess up and get thrown out. But if it were just as easy for me to
live in Heaven as it is for me to live in this world, then for sure I'd never get
thrown out of Heaven.

In other words: if only thinking, feeling, and acting like God came just as
natural to me as thinking, feeling, and acting human; then that would be the
cat's meow. Well, apparently the Spirit birth, about which Jesus spoke, is
exactly what I wanted.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness
through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that
through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the
corruption in the world caused by evil desires." (. 2Pet 1:3-4)

I rather prefer human nature, but if divine nature is what it takes to get into
the kingdom of God and stay there, then of course it's the sensible choice for
me. (cf. Ezek 36:24-27)
_

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
John 10

Do you have the ability to determine who God's sheep are? And who is not?

Jan 4, 2023
Regarding Titus 3:5.. that's regeneration of the Holy Spirit that washes away sin.

It's not a verse about immersion baptism.

The other thing is... you've put things as 'Protestant ' and opposed it.

So then you are either Catholic or non Protestant Baptist.

Non Protestant Baptists.. like myself.. reject baptismal regeneration.

So then are you catholic?
Yes and baptismal regeneration is necessary for salvation Mk 16:16 acts acts 8:36-38 1 pet 3:21
Thanks

Jan 4, 2023
Faith & Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone!

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

Only James 2:24 a man is justified by works and not by “faith alone”

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

Jan 4, 2023
Acknowledge God "IS" & that you've sinned against His sovereign rule & deserve heavens sin payment "DEATH' (Rom 6:23).

Then place your faith in Christ's sin atoning death, burial & resurrection. Confessing Jesus as Lord & believing in your heart He rose from from death (Rom 10:9, 1 Cor 15:1-4)

Christ will then place/indwell/baptize you with His eternal life giving Holy Spirit. Imputing (See Lev chapter 4 & Rom 4) His righteousness onto you & your sins onto Himself. Whereby you become the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21). Amen

Faith and baptism!

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

Jan 4, 2023
Lord Jesus is the great High Priest. He saves. The gospel is the power of God to bring about salvation. The man who preached Jesus to me was not a priest in the religious sense. He was my superior at work. All Christians are priests, not just a select clergy class.
Is that a a yes or no?

There are three classes in the order of priesthood:
High priest
Low priest
And common priesthood of those who are baptized members of Christ
Thanks

Jan 4, 2023
“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬ ‭KJV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1/1jn.5.1.KJV

“Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves the child born of Him.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/2692/1jn.5.1.NASB2020

We need to believe that Jesus is the Christ. According to 1 John 5:1 once we have done that we have been born of God. If you are correct in what you have asserted doesn’t that make this verse false.
faith and baptism
The Christian sacrament* of baptismal regeneration is required for the new covenant and salvation!

*this promise acts 2:38-39 is a sacred oath from God ez 36:25-27 and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Initiation!!!

Faith & Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone!

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Faith and baptism!

“Faith alone” Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

“Faith alone” unbiblical!

“Faith alone” is a heresy condemned by the authority of Christ in holy apostolic council!

We must also suffer!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29 not called to believe alone but also to suffer for Christ’s sake.
thanks

Jan 4, 2023
a to get baptized for remission of sins is a simple act of faith. We do it o my because we hear and believe what God established it for

a people are confused about John the Baptist he was filled with the holt spirit from the womb and sent by God to offer the promise of remission of sins preceding Christ the savior and New Testament doctrine

this is John the Baptist in prophecy he would immediately precede Christ and prepare the people through the knowledge of repentance and remission of sins to receive Jesus

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

…and the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:3, 5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭4:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s just a few places but this is when it was being fulfilled

“But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

And he asked for a writing table, and wrote, saying, His name is John. And they marvelled all. And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, …And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: For thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; To give knowledge of salvation unto his people By the remission of their sins, Through the tender mercy of our God; Whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, To guide our feet into the way of peace. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:13-17, 63, 67, 76-80‬ ‭KJV‬‬

John not his baptism of repentance and remission of sins isn’t a figure in any way it’s the reality of the baptism God promised would prepare people to receive salvation in repentance and remission of sins by a gods mercy he had promised to send Elijah the prophet before the lord Jesus appeared to prepare them calling them to repentance and giving them knowledge of remission of sins a long promised concept in scripture that had finally come

John is that Elijah that was promised This is Jesus speaking of John

“And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind? But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, Which shall prepare thy way before thee. ( Malachi 3:1)

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah , which was for to come. ( Malachi 4:5-6) He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:7, 9-10, 13-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The old testament ends with a promise of John the Baptists coming some day just before the messiah to prepare them for him through repentance and remission of sins

Jesus further explains that John is the promised Elijah that concludes the ot so this promise that ends the prophets

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭4:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus explains when asked about it

“And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elijah must first come?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elijah truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elijah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. ( they imprisoned and beheaded John the Baptist ) Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. ( they would later crucify Jesus )

Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭17:10-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, Which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, Make his paths straight. John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judæa, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:2-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the ot figure isn’t John it’s Elijah

“And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.”
‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

baptism isn’t a figure its why they continued doing it it’s the reality of where salvstion begins when our sins are remitted because we heard Gods word believe and act in faith

Like these folks who didn’t hear about baptism for remission of sins and then debate and question and remove it from doctrine but they heard and believed and acted as if it was true

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ( what we do because we believe that promise )

and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. ( what Jesus does like John the Baptist said he would )

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:37 -38

It’s the ones who hear it and believe that are going to act on it

Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,

when we hear it and then say “ no one needs to get baptized for remission of sins “ it just turned into a confusion and debate we’re meant to hear and believe the promises he made

“ repent and get baptized in my name and I will wash away all your sins and guilty stains “

its faith to hear what he’s saying and believe it that’s always going to lead us to act on it and receive his promise

baptism is an action produced of faith this faith

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So when we hear this it should be believed not reasoned away like many of us do

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

there’s no reason for us to reject what he said and every benefit fornus to believe and trust him
Both are required faith and baptism Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38
Thanks

Jan 4, 2023

Faith and baptism!

“Faith alone” Questions

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Is that a a yes or no?

There are three classes in the order of priesthood:
High priest
Low priest
And common priesthood of those who are baptized members of Christ
Thanks
Wrong; in Scripture there are three distinct orders: that of Melchizedek, that of Aaron, and that of the believer. Scripture knows nothing of "high" and "low" classes. There was one high priest, beginning with Aaron, but that does not make the others "low priests".

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Faith and baptism!

“Faith alone” Questions

Repeating yourself ad nauseam does not make you correct.