What does born again mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Not according to Christ and scripture
Matt 28:19-20 I am with you (apostles) till the end
Acts 1:8 witnesses to the ends of the earth. Thanks
What a complete misinterpretation!

Jesus will be with us, the Church. His believers don't live in this form forever. Don't be ridiculous!

Acts 1:8 is spatial, not temporal.

Jan 4, 2023
The only priest that can deliver us eternally is JESUS. The fact that you believe your personal priest is God is an abomination.
I never said my personal priest is God, I was referring to Christ our high priest and God.

But there are also low priests
Thanks

Jan 4, 2023
Bishops? If you mean elders or overseers, then they are not necessarily apostles, according to Scripture.

"Other six sacraments"? Your Catholic delusion is showing again. Don't bother arguing as though your position is assumed, for it most certainly is not.

There is no biblical reason why any Christian cannot perform a wedding (though it may not be recognized legally). Scripture says nothing of any other "sacraments".

You would do well to learn what Scripture says about these matters and stop relying on what the Catholics have brainwashed taught you to believe.
Better check with christ
Jesus Christ says:
The successors of Moses have authority and must be obeyed. Matt 23:1
And it was taken from them and given to the apostles Matt 21:43 Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 Matt 28:19-20 eph 2:20
Thanks

Promise of God:
Sacred oath:
A promise or sacred oath made by God is called a sacrament:
A sacrament is also the fruit of a sacrifice, grace or the merits of Christ are fruit of His sacrifice on the cross!

Baptism: (initiation into the covenant)
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38-39 8:36
1 Corinthians 12:13 2 pet 1:11
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!

Jan 4, 2023
Given that Jesus is our High Priest, the answer is No, of course.

If you mean (as I suspect) a mere human priest, the answer is Yes, of course.
Do you believe in the new covenant priesthood?

Do They have authority to absolve from sins in Gods name?

Or the ministry of reconciliation?
Thanks

Jan 4, 2023
Um, no. Keep promoting Catholic hogwash and you WILL be banned.
Why?

The nature and purpose of a forum is the “free and open” exchange of ideas:

Heresy is no competition for the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Error is no competition for the truth!
His truth is marching on: Amen?

To ban someone for sharing their faith would be tantamount to spiritually burning them at the stake!

Are you reject the bill of rights?
Thanks

Jan 4, 2023

Jesus will be with us, the Church. His believers don't live in this form forever. Don't be ridiculous!

you mean spiritual?

And acts 1:8?
And Jn 15:5?
thanks

Jan 4, 2023

Even spiritual the apostles would remain to the end of the world
Thanks

Jan 4, 2023
The new covenant Spiritual family of God by supernatural grace in union with Christ the only mediator and communion with God and His saints!

Born again new birth from Mary our new spiritual mother, those who are “in Christ” are a new creation. And we were in Christ who was in Mary for nine months and Mary gave birth to Christ and us Her spiritual children. Lk 1:30, Lk 1:38, Jn 19:36-38, rev 12:17

Supernatural mother of the new covenant church by the sacramental grace of baptismal regeneration in Jesus Christ:

It is not possible to have Jesus Christ as your Bother and not have Mary most holy as your Mother!

Mother of our salvation:
Found our salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

Also cos Jesus Christ gave Her to us to be our spiritual mother: Jn 19:26-27

Also cos Jesus is our brother:
Rom 8:29 …that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
We are His many brethren; and bothers who have the same mother.

Ephesians 6:2
Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

But he that angereth his mother is cursed: of God. Eccl. 3:18

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

And our tender mother is immaculate purity!

Immaculate conception of Mary:
“Pure, sinless, consecrated to God alone” Gen 3:15 enmity total war between satan & Mary, none of his wicked works are found in Her.
Lk 1:28 full of grace, Lord is with Her, blessed. Lk 1:49 things plural
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun immaculate purity.

Mother of God: Lk 1:43
(Not the mother “source” of the divine nature) but mother of the person of Jesus Christ who is God.

Assumption of Mary “body & soul” into heaven. Rev 12:1

No creature has ever had a biological family relationship with God except Mary:

And She has three:

Daughter of the eternal Father.
Mother of the Son of God.
Spouse of the Holy Spirit.

The living ark of the new covenant!
The spiritual mother of those living in Christ!

Song of Solomon 6:9-10
9 My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.

10 Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?

Dec 21, 2020
you right Christ is eternal priest heb 7:17
How does one become saved and when?
Thanks
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Acts 16:
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Better check with christ
Jesus Christ says:
The successors of Moses have authority and must be obeyed. Matt 23:1
That's not what it says! Here is the text of verses 1 and 2:

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. (NIV)

Jesus said nothing about "successors of Moses".

And it was taken from them and given to the apostles Matt 21:43 Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 Matt 28:19-20 eph 2:20
What was taken from them and given to others (all Christians, not merely the apostles) was the kingdom.

A promise or sacred oath made by God is called a sacrament:
Says you; nothing in Scripture supports your assertion.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Didache (teaching of the apostles)
Acts 2:42

Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism. And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have no living water, baptize into other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, do so in warm. But if you have neither, pour out water three times upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whoever else can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.
Rules taught by men, not the word of God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The new covenant Spiritual family of God by supernatural grace in union with Christ the only mediator and communion with God and His saints!

Born again new birth from Mary our new spiritual mother, those who are “in Christ” are a new creation. And we were in Christ who was in Mary for nine months and Mary gave birth to Christ and us Her spiritual children. Lk 1:30, Lk 1:38, Jn 19:36-38, rev 12:17

Supernatural mother of the new covenant church by the sacramental grace of baptismal regeneration in Jesus Christ:

It is not possible to have Jesus Christ as your Bother and not have Mary most holy as your Mother!

Mother of our salvation:
Found our salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

Also cos Jesus Christ gave Her to us to be our spiritual mother: Jn 19:26-27

Also cos Jesus is our brother:
Rom 8:29 …that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
We are His many brethren; and bothers who have the same mother.

Ephesians 6:2
Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

But he that angereth his mother is cursed: of God. Eccl. 3:18

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

And our tender mother is immaculate purity!

Immaculate conception of Mary:

Mother of God: Lk 1:43
(Not the mother “source” of the divine nature) but mother of the person of Jesus Christ who is God.

Assumption of Mary “body & soul” into heaven. Rev 12:1
You have been reported for your Catholic heresy.

Dec 29, 2022
How is a man born again?
Mark 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
In my experience as a teenager, I went through the motions, said the prayer and got baptized, but nothing changed. I didn't really understand what it meant to be saved. Looking back, I see that God was drawing me to Himself but didn't realize it and at the time I didn't want to admit I was a sinner. When I turned 21, after much heartache and self-examination I came to my senses. I became aware that I was a hopeless sinner. When a preacher presented the Hope of the Gospel I Repented of my sins and God changed me from the inside out. To the praise of the Glory of His grace!