What does the Bible mean about the role of women?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
I have only recently converted, and I’m unsure on what my role as a woman is. I really want to be a good Christian, and as I am now 18, I think I want to take a more active part in my faith. As a woman, am I allowed to teach and spread the faith? It appears that in 1 Timothy 2:12 this is condemned - “I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet”. If I am not permitted to teach, what should I do to ensure I am an obedient believer of God? Is marriage and having a family the best option? Any replies would be greatly appreciated- I’m new to this :D
As a woman, am I allowed to teach and spread the faith?

Yes. Spreading the faith is part of the Great Commission. Christian men and women are instructed to "Go out to the highways and hedges and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full." Luke 14:23

Is marriage and having a family the best option?

I would suggest that you pray about marriage and family. Ask God what he wants you to do personally.

As far as the role of women goes, I want to draw your attention to some examples of how God affirmed women, blessed women, used women for his glory and to edify the church.
  • God blessed the midwives and gave them children of their own because they feared God and refused to obey the king's evil command to kill the newborn Hebrew boys. They were pro-lifers. Exodus 1:15-20

• Jochebed hid Moses for three months when he was born. She refused to drown her son in the river like the king ordered. Jochebed and her husband are listed in the Hebrew hall of faith. Exodus 2:1-10, Hebrews 11:23

• Zipporah saved her husband's life when the Lord was about to kill him. Exodus 4:24

• Rahab was a prostitute. She hid the Israeli spies and refused to hand them over to her government's officials. She made a bargain with the Israeli spies that would preserve her life and the lives of her family members. She gave the Israeli spies instructions about where and how to escape. She is part of Jesus' family tree. Her name is listed in the Hebrew hall of faith. Joshua 2:1, 3, 6:17-25, Matthew.1:5, Hebrews 11:31 James 2:25

• God used a woman to save the Jews from annihilation. God could have just used men, but God allowed a woman to play a very important role in the protection of the jewish nation. To this day, Jews still gather to commemorate Purim, which celebrates the bravery of Esther.

• In the Bible, prophets were spokesmen for God. They spoke in God’s name and by God’s authority. God gave some women the authority to speak in his name: Huldah was a prophet. King Josiah sought her help via royal messengers because he wanted her to tell him what God had to say about the discovery of a very important book. 2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chronicles 34:22

• Deborah is unique. She was a judge and prophet in Israel. She worked in a position (judge) that had been held by men. The Israelis came to her court, so she could decide their disputes. God used Deborah as a prophet and judge. Judges chapters 4&5

• The Wise Woman of Abel was a skilled negotiator. She took initiative and negotiated a deal with the commander-in-chief of the Israeli army that saved her city from destruction. She was a woman of influence. The people in her community followed her advice concerning the negotiation. 2 Samuel 20:16-22

• The Queen of Sheba traveled from a distant land to hear the wisdom of Solomon. The pursuit of wisdom was very important to her. Jesus publicly acknowledged the Queen of Sheba's pursuit and appreciation for wisdom. During her lifetime, she sought the wisest person she knew - Solomon. However, when Jesus came to earth, he was greater than Solomon, but many of the people who encountered him failed to appreciate Christ as the power of God and the wisdom of God. 1 Kings 10:1-13, 2 Chronicles 9:1-12, Matthew 12:42

• Jehosheba stole Joash away from the rest of the king's children, who were about to be killed. She hid him from the murderous Athaliah for 6 years. Jehosheba risked her life in order to help preserve “The Seed Royal,” for had Joash also perished the line of Judah would have been extinct. 2 Kings 11:2, 2 Chronicles 22:11

• Sheerah built the cities of Lower and Upper Beth Horon as well as Uzzen Sheerah. 1 Chronicles 7:24

• God blessed the barren Hannah with a son. Her son, Samuel, grew up to be a great prophet of God. 1 Samuel 1; 2:1, 21

• Mary the Mother of Jesus - Matthew 1; 2; 12:46; Luke 1; 2John 2:1-11; 19:25; Acts 1:14

• Jesus commended the Canaanite mother for her great faith, and healed her demon-possessed daughter. Matthew 15:21-28.

• Women also traveled with Jesus and the 12 disciples as they toured the cities and villages of Galilee. Some of those women provided financial support for Jesus and his disciples. Luke 8:1-3

• Anna was a prophet. She had been a widow for many years. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. She was one of the 1st witnesses for Christ. Luke 2:36-38

• Lydia is the first person in the Bible to have been saved in Europe. The 1st convert on Biblical record saved in Europe was a woman. That’s powerful. God could have reserved that record for a man, but he didn’t. Lydia also helped Paul and Silas plant the 1st church in Europe. Acts 16;12-15, 40 Phil 1:1-10

• Dorcas was brought back to life after being dead, so she could continue doing good works. Acts 9:36

• The apostle Paul trusted Phoebe and commended her for helping many people. She was a deacon in the church of Cenchrea. Romans 16:1-2

• Priscilla was a tent maker. She co-labored with her husband. She and her husband took Bible teacher Apollos aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately. She and her husband allowed others to meet in their home for church service. Acts 18:2,18, 26 Romans 16:3, 1 Corinthians 16:19

• Rufus' mother had been a mother to the Apostle Paul, too. She wasn't his biological mother, but she evidently showed him motherly kindness. Romans 16:13

• Timothy's grandma Lois and mom Eunice were Christians, and they (the women) trained Timothy to have faith in God. Acts 16:1, 2 Timothy 1:5
Throughout the Bible, God blessed women and used them in incredible ways for his glory and to edify their communities.

Funkus

May 20, 2020
If women are not supposed to preach how come Jesus let the Samaritan woman tell everyone in her village about him?
And why did he allow Mary to witness his resurrection to the other disciples? This is a role model for women preachers
Ephesians does reflect what one church believed yes

Aug 14, 2019
If women are not supposed to preach how come Jesus let the Samaritan woman tell everyone in her village about him?
And why did he allow Mary to witness his resurrection to the other disciples? This is a role model for women preachers
Ephesians does reflect what one church believed yes
For all of us, entering into life is entering the maternal environment. I believe God works within the order He established in the beginning.😊

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thank you for your query - which I gladly answer. To settle the meaning of the text, I include four different literla translations. They are the King James, Darby, Young's Literal and the Amplified:
(KJV) And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

(Darby) And the things thou hast heard of me in the presence of many witnesses, these entrust to faithful men, such as shall be competent to instruct others also.

(YLT) and the things that thou didst hear from me through many witnesses, these things be committing to stedfast men, who shall be sufficient also others to teach;

(AMP) And the [instructions] which you have heard from me along with many witnesses, transmit and entrust [as a deposit] to reliable and faithful men who will be competent and qualified to teach others also.

You are correct about the word for "men", but this is not the decisive qualification. The decisive qualification is the word "hikanos" rendered variously as "able", "competent", "sufficient" and/or "qualified". This makes the answer easy. Who is qualified for this job?
  1. "Mankind" ( for it is not given to demons or angels to teach)
  2. A believer ("faithful men" - the verse above)
  3. A believer who is baptized (Act.2:38)
  4. A believer who has the natural ability to teach (Matt.25:15)
  5. A believer who has been given the "talent" by the Lord according to his natural ability (Matt.25:14-15)
  6. A believer who has been trained by the Lord (Paul's training, after Gamaliel, took 14 years - Gal.2:1-2)
  7. A believer who is a male (1st Timothy 2.12)
I hope this helps brother.
I've debated whether to re-enter this thread. Your post makes the decision easy.

Your first six points were good, but you have avoided the obvious inclusion of females in your first point. Also, because 1 Tim 2:12 is controversial, using it as an argument against women preaching is simply circular reasoning.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
1st Timothy 2:12 is written in plain language. No interpretation is needed, nor have I given any. It says what it says. What I did in my postings was to give the background why a woman may not teach nor usurp authority.
Only if you ignore (or are blissfully unaware of) the issues in Greek could you make such an assertion. "Authentein" is probably the most difficult word in the NT to translate. Its only appearance in Scripture is in that verse, and in contemporary Greek literature, it has something like 50 different meanings.

Jun 11, 2020
I've debated whether to re-enter this thread. Your post makes the decision easy.

Your first six points were good, but you have avoided the obvious inclusion of females in your first point. Also, because 1 Tim 2:12 is controversial, using it as an argument against women preaching is simply circular reasoning.
Your argument is devious. We discuss TEACHING, not PREACHING. "Preaching" (kairooso" - Gk.) means to "herald" something. We discuss "didasko" - to learn.

Jun 11, 2020
Only if you ignore (or are blissfully unaware of) the issues in Greek could you make such an assertion. "Authentein" is probably the most difficult word in the NT to translate. Its only appearance in Scripture is in that verse, and in contemporary Greek literature, it has something like 50 different meanings.
Without exception the various literal translators are one. They all translate 1st Timothy 2:12 the same. There is no difficulty in the idea proposed by the Holy Spirit (not me).

It always amazes me how Christians spend inordinate energy to make a plain statement mean something else because it offends their sensibilities. One of the most cited reasons is that the rest of us, including the best translators, don't know some Greek nuance. Now, here is my challenge. Translate 1st Timothy 2:12 correctly for us all, including the various scholars, and show us why Greek authorities through centuries have all been wrong.

If you can't do this, just bow to God's Word.

Jun 11, 2020
I don't know whether it is by deviousness, or because most of the postors on this thread do not have English as their mother tongue, but I have seldom seen the word "TEACH" replaced by other words to this extent. We discuss the word "TEACH", not prophesy, not herald, not testify, not tell the gospel, not witness, not speak in tongues. TEACHING is a very specific word and it will do us Christians well not to substitute it and then go off with an argument on the substituted word.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Your argument is devious. We discuss TEACHING, not PREACHING. "Preaching" (kairooso" - Gk.) means to "herald" something. We discuss "didasko" - to learn.
Telling you that your argument is circular is in no way "devious". If I knew that it were not circular, and told you anyway with some further purpose to telling you, then it would be devious.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Without exception the various literal translators are one. They all translate 1st Timothy 2:12 the same. There is no difficulty in the idea proposed by the Holy Spirit (not me).

It always amazes me how Christians spend inordinate energy to make a plain statement mean something else because it offends their sensibilities. One of the most cited reasons is that the rest of us, including the best translators, don't know some Greek nuance. Now, here is my challenge. Translate 1st Timothy 2:12 correctly for us all, including the various scholars, and show us why Greek authorities through centuries have all been wrong.

If you can't do this, just bow to God's Word.
I'm sure the wording of the KJV had absolutely no influence whatsoever on later translators. :rolleyes:

Get your mind out of the trash bin and stop accusing me of motives about which you know jack-all. Let's discuss the subject... without resorting to silly and irrelevant personal attacks. I can and have done so; can you?

Funkus

May 20, 2020
For all of us, entering into life is entering the maternal environment. I believe God works within the order He established in the beginning.😊
Yes that is a 'tree beard' kind of wise saying. It's unfortunate how politicised gender has become and I wonder if that influences things on here, I do hope it can be discussed free of those influences. It just seems to me what a great role women have played in scripture beyond what might be called the established order. If a donkey can talk, women can preach right? Because often in scripture the established order is not pleasing to God. I know some women who have some impressive witnessing abilities and various gifts that genuinely impress me. If i'm completely honest the folk who are hesitant or reluctant over things like this play a role that's needed but so do those who are more innovative and are both needed and need each other. It's when they fight the problems come..

Jun 5, 2020
1 Timothy 2:12 is one sentence in one letter to one person. For people to take that and make it into a universal doctrine shows me that they already have the doctrine created in their own minds and look for a single sentence in the entire Bible to justify it.

It's like saying that Jesus was a manic depressive because there is a single verse that says that He wept. (John 11:35)

Many women did great things throughout the Bible, including leading the nation of Israel as a prophet and judge (Deborah).

Misogyny has no place in Christianity.

Jun 11, 2020
1 Timothy 2:12 is one sentence in one letter to one person. For people to take that and make it into a universal doctrine shows me that they already have the doctrine created in their own minds and look for a single sentence in the entire Bible to justify it.

It's like saying that Jesus was a manic depressive because there is a single verse that says that He wept. (John 11:35)

Many women did great things throughout the Bible, including leading the nation of Israel as a prophet and judge (Deborah).

Misogyny has no place in Christianity.
Contrary to your belief that there is only "one sentence" on this matter, I will presently list nearly ten additional ones. I would say that you accuse the Holy Spirit of "misogyny" - a brave thing to do if the scriptures listed below have been established by the Living God. Instead of emotion, why not give us the benefit of a sound exegesis on 1st Timothy 2:12. I'm open to learn what is said by the Holy Spirit. I've asked a few others who have said that 1st Timothy 2:12 does not mean what it says, for the same. But alas, no-one who denies that it means what it says wants to share the true meaning of 1st Timothy 2:12.

To accuse your opponents of building on a "single sentence" is strange. What of;
  • Genesis 3.16, "... the man shall rule the woman"
  • 1st Corinthians 11:3, "... the man is head of the woman"
  • Ephesians 5:23, "... the man is head over the woman"
  • Ephesians 5:22, "wives, submit yourself to your husbands"
  • 1st Cor.11:8-9, "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."
  • 1st Timothy 2:11, "... let the woman learn ... in all subjection"
  • 1st Peter.3:1, "... wives, be in subjection to your own husbands"
  • 1st Peter 3:5, " ... the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands"
  • 1st Peter 3:6, "Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, ... ."
Added to this, in the discussion on divorce, scripture upholds the headship of the man. A man "puts his wife away", but a woman must "leave her husband" (1st Cor.7:10-12).

Added to this, the grand type is of Adam and Eve displaying Christ and the Church. Whenever does the Church reign over Christ?

Your example of Deborah is surprising. My Bible records the following:
  • Israel were at a low point for twenty years and under chastisement. Deborah was not king over Israel. Jabin the Canaanite was
  • Deborah, was judge during these years (Jdg.4:4). Was this sign of God changing His order, or was it a sign of fallenness? No man is called "Prince of this world", but Satan is. Is this a sign of God's order or a sign of the failure of men?
  • Deborah's lack of authority is shown clearly in that Barak did not obey her
  • Ultimately, Barak caused Deborah to do his wish
  • In Judges 5:9 a woman saving Israel was a shame to Israel and Barak
  • God delivered Israel to Barak, not Deborah
  • Jael, the woman who would dishonor Israel was a Kenite
  • Jael was treacherous. The Hazorites and Kenites were allies. Jael did not honor this
  • Israel had to be delivered by treachery - a trait foreign to God
  • What a difference between Moses' song in Exodus 15 to Deborah's song in Judges 5. In Moses's song God gets the glory. Deborah sings of her own glory.
By any means, the narrative of Deborah is how NOT to do things among God's people. The picture painted by Israel and Deborah is one of apostasy and dishonor complete.

But I would like to end with this. Women who take leadership in the Church usually do so BECAUSE the men failed to take their position. Just as Adam bore the responsibility for the fall, so MEN bear the responsibility of God's government being USURPED by women. In my years as a Christian I have seen much, including women taking the lead. I have never seen an Assembly, which has a woman as leader and/or teacher, prosper. I do not say that men have done much better, but should we add folly to slothfulness? If my points above are correct, is it likely that a woman who usurps authority has God's blessing?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Contrary to your belief that there is only "one sentence" on this matter, I will presently list nearly ten additional ones. I would say that you accuse the Holy Spirit of "misogyny" - a brave thing to do if the scriptures listed below have been established by the Living God.
Or rather, IF your interpretation of them is correct. I don't think it is.

To accuse your opponents of building on a "single sentence" is strange. What of;
Genesis 3.16, "... the man shall rule the woman"
This is not a command, a statement of certain (and unfortunate) consequence.

1st Corinthians 11:3, "... the man is head of the woman"
Clearly a reference to marriage, because in no other context would a man be the "head" of any woman.

Ephesians 5:23, "... the man is head over the woman"
Echoes of 1 Cor 11:3... and that's it. It doesn't apply to an unmarried woman.

Ephesians 5:22, "wives, submit yourself to your husbands"
Ephesians 5:21 "Submit to one another"

1st Cor.11:8-9, "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."
1 Corinthians 11:11 "However, in the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman."

1st Timothy 2:11, "... let the woman learn ... in all subjection"
"The woman"... singular, suggesting two things: that Paul had a particular individual in mind; and, that it is not a universal principle.

1st Peter.3:1, "... wives, be in subjection to your own husbands"
1st Peter 3:5, " ... the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands"
1st Peter 3:6, "Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, ... ."
Again, wives, in the context of marriage, not women in the context of the assembly.

Added to this, in the discussion on divorce, scripture upholds the headship of the man. A man "puts his wife away", but a woman must "leave her husband" (1st Cor.7:10-12).
Cultural, and irrelevant today. Women initiate far more divorces today than men do.

Added to this, the grand type is of Adam and Eve displaying Christ and the Church. Whenever does the Church reign over Christ?
A type is a poor foundation for doctrine. It may be used to illustrate a point already established by plain text.

But I would like to end with this. Women who take leadership in the Church usually do so BECAUSE the men failed to take their position.
"Usually" is just a catchall term for "I don't know for sure, and certainly don't have evidence, but I'll cover my ignorance with a bold statement to make it sound authoritative".

Just as Adam bore the responsibility for the fall, so MEN bear the responsibility of God's government being USURPED by women.
"Usurp" is a poor translation of "authentein" and in no way can be applied to every instance of women taking leadership roles.

In my years as a Christian I have seen much, including women taking the lead. I have never seen an Assembly, which has a woman as leader and/or teacher, prosper. I do not say that men have done much better, but should we add folly to slothfulness? If my points above are correct, is it likely that a woman who usurps authority has God's blessing?
Again, a misuse of "usurp". Women in leadership is not "folly". It might not be your preference, which is fine, but to slam it with an epithet is to demonstrate your willingness to impose your view on others.

Jun 5, 2020
Contrary to your belief that there is only "one sentence" on this matter, I will presently list nearly ten additional ones. I would say that you accuse the Holy Spirit of "misogyny" - a brave thing to do if the scriptures listed below have been established by the Living God. Instead of emotion, why not give us the benefit of a sound exegesis on 1st Timothy 2:12. I'm open to learn what is said by the Holy Spirit. I've asked a few others who have said that 1st Timothy 2:12 does not mean what it says, for the same. But alas, no-one who denies that it means what it says wants to share the true meaning of 1st Timothy 2:12.

• Genesis 3.16, "... the man shall rule the woman"
  • 1st Corinthians 11:3, "... the man is head of the woman"
  • Ephesians 5:23, "... the man is head over the woman"
  • Ephesians 5:22, "wives, submit yourself to your husbands"
  • 1st Cor.11:8-9, "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."
  • 1st Timothy 2:11, "... let the woman learn ... in all subjection"
  • 1st Peter.3:1, "... wives, be in subjection to your own husbands"
  • 1st Peter 3:5, " ... the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands"
  • 1st Peter 3:6, "Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, ... ."

Your example of Deborah is surprising. My Bible records the following:
  • Israel were at a low point for twenty years and under chastisement. Deborah was not king over Israel. Jabin the Canaanite was
  • Deborah, was judge during these years (Jdg.4:4). Was this sign of God changing His order, or was it a sign of fallenness? No man is called "Prince of this world", but Satan is. Is this a sign of God's order or a sign of the failure of men?
  • Deborah's lack of authority is shown clearly in that Barak did not obey her
  • Ultimately, Barak caused Deborah to do his wish
  • In Judges 5:9 a woman saving Israel was a shame to Israel and Barak
  • God delivered Israel to Barak, not Deborah
  • Jael, the woman who would dishonor Israel was a Kenite
  • Jael was treacherous. The Hazorites and Kenites were allies. Jael did not honor this
  • Israel had to be delivered by treachery - a trait foreign to God
  • What a difference between Moses' song in Exodus 15 to Deborah's song in Judges 5. In Moses's song God gets the glory. Deborah sings of her own glory.
By any means, the narrative of Deborah is how NOT to do things among God's people. The picture painted by Israel and Deborah is one of apostasy and dishonor complete.

But I would like to end with this. Women who take leadership in the Church usually do so BECAUSE the men failed to take their position. Just as Adam bore the responsibility for the fall, so MEN bear the responsibility of God's government being USURPED by women. In my years as a Christian I have seen much, including women taking the lead. I have never seen an Assembly, which has a woman as leader and/or teacher, prosper. I do not say that men have done much better, but should we add folly to slothfulness? If my points above are correct, is it likely that a woman who usurps authority has God's blessing?
It's obvious that you're jumping all over the Bible, taking quotes out of context, to prove a predetermined point. Your last two sentences clearly show where you're coming from.

Your reasons that women "take leadership" has no merit. In case you haven't read carefully enough...

God made man and women as partners, starting with Adam and Eve and continuing right up to the present time. Misogyny has no place in the kingdom of God; it's nothing more than bigotry. There is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus, but according to you that's not true.

I have been a Christian for many, many years and have been in congregations led by women and men. I haven't seen any real difference; women are just as capable of leadership as men. I have also been married for 51 years to the most wonderful equal partner anyone could possibly have.

Jun 11, 2020
Or rather, IF your interpretation of them is correct. I don't think it is.

This is not a command, a statement of certain (and unfortunate) consequence.

Clearly a reference to marriage, because in no other context would a man be the "head" of any woman.

Echoes of 1 Cor 11:3... and that's it. It doesn't apply to an unmarried woman.

Ephesians 5:21 "Submit to one another"

1 Corinthians 11:11 "However, in the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman."

"The woman"... singular, suggesting two things: that Paul had a particular individual in mind; and, that it is not a universal principle.

Again, wives, in the context of marriage, not women in the context of the assembly.

Cultural, and irrelevant today. Women initiate far more divorces today than men do.

A type is a poor foundation for doctrine. It may be used to illustrate a point already established by plain text.

"Usually" is just a catchall term for "I don't know for sure, and certainly don't have evidence, but I'll cover my ignorance with a bold statement to make it sound authoritative".

"Usurp" is a poor translation of "authentein" and in no way can be applied to every instance of women taking leadership roles.

Again, a misuse of "usurp". Women in leadership is not "folly". It might not be your preference, which is fine, but to slam it with an epithet is to demonstrate your willingness to impose your view on others.
Your reply is read and noted. That was the third invitation to give a solid exegesis on 1st Timothy 2:12 that you refused.

Jun 11, 2020
It's obvious that you're jumping all over the Bible, taking quotes out of context, to prove a predetermined point. Your last two sentences clearly show where you're coming from.

Your reasons that women "take leadership" has no merit. In case you haven't read carefully enough...

God made man and women as partners, starting with Adam and Eve and continuing right up to the present time. Misogyny has no place in the kingdom of God; it's nothing more than bigotry. There is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus, but according to you that's not true.

I have been a Christian for many, many years and have been in congregations led by women and men. I haven't seen any real difference; women are just as capable of leadership as men. I have also been married for 51 years to the most wonderful equal partner anyone could possibly have.
Your reply is read and noted.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That was the third invitation to give a solid exegesis on 1st Timothy 2:12 that you refused.
You haven't "invited" anything. If it were truly an invitation, you wouldn't make such a snarky comment.

May 23, 2020
I have only recently converted, and I’m unsure on what my role as a woman is. I really want to be a good Christian, and as I am now 18, I think I want to take a more active part in my faith. As a woman, am I allowed to teach and spread the faith? It appears that in 1 Timothy 2:12 this is condemned - “I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet”. If I am not permitted to teach, what should I do to ensure I am an obedient believer of God? Is marriage and having a family the best option? Any replies would be greatly appreciated- I’m new to this :D
Seek to do justly to others and to live mercy when others fail to do justly by you and to walk humbly with God. Let Him sort out your role in the community. God would make men masculine and women feminine and there is great fulfillment when He does.