What does this mean to you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I have come to fulfill the law not destroy it......Jesus
When we ger right to it, our Lord means that he came to defeat death. He didn't come to defeat the law. The law says the innocent should not be put to death. Jesus fulfilled the law as he is alive. 😊

J

joecoten

Through death and resurrection, we become like Him.
"…10I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to Him in His death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.…" - Philippians 3:10-12

I want to be like You...in all that I say
I want to be like You...in everything I do
I want to be like You...so a lost world will say
"Lord Jesus...I want to be like You." -tc

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
amen that’s the key to understanding the Bible to realize what Jesus is saying and why Paul said it and Peter said it also

So if we start with what Jesus was saying there

“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:44-45‬ ‭

later after receiving the hilt ghost they understood the same thing

“and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:20-26‬ ‭

Moses and the prophets were always preaching that Christ would come with his immutable word of salvation would preach it to the people , then suffer and die and be raised again from death and taken in the sight of men into the heavens to Gods right hand upon David’s promised throne forever.

Now he had come d sent his witnesses including Paul who witnessed the same thing. Under with before Agrippa Paul summarizes his message and ministry and where it originally came from. after paul saw his “heavenly vision “on the road to Damascus

“Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: but shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judæa, and then to the Gentiles,

that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: that Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:19-20, 22-23‬ ‭

The prophets were preaching forward about Christ in throne days before he came and Jesus came as the fulfillment of them all

“this is what the ot promises are about “

“The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.

The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:2, 6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And “this is the new testsment “ those promises coming to fruition in the world as God foretold by the law and prophets

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-3, 5, 9-10, 14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the Old Testament foretells all
Of the new testsment , and the new testament witnesses the truth of the gospel foretold and fore promised in the old testsment one is an ancient foretelling and then It came to pass in Christ Gods plan for mans salvation

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: that Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:19-20, 22-23‬ ‭

1 Timothy 3:16
:)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have come to fulfill the law not destroy it......Jesus
Apparently, the law remains in effect. It tells me that Jesus paid the penalty required by the law for sins that are committed. Of course, to be forgiven you must ask for this and begin the life-long repentance process.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Apparently, the law remains in effect. It tells me that Jesus paid the penalty required by the law for sins that are committed.
Hello tourist.
I believe the law says the opposite, because the law doesn't allow an innocent man to be put to death by false witnesses.
When Paul says,

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures 1Cor.15:3

he's saying Christ was judged unjustly by men.

P

pottersclay

Does the law have to sides to it. If you follow....if you dont.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

and the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: the grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:3-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, Which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, Make his paths straight.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
“The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

Proverbs3-5-6

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:43‬ ‭

“and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:46-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
An exercise that results to astound is reading Psalm 11n replacing the word, word, with the name, Jesus. It is not adding to or taking away for each time it is said, "according to they Word," it is already know to all that the Word was with God,and the word is God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
An exercise that results to astound is reading Psalm 11n replacing the word, word, with the name, Jesus. It is not adding to or taking away for each time it is said, "according to they Word," it is already know to all that the Word was with God,and the word is God.
Forgive my grievous typo, it should read Psalm 119

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Maybe it's me, but you appear to be saying 2 different things here. How does the law keep us close to Christ, when it condemns and judges? But then you state it is wrong to 'put' Christians back under the law.

A little confusing? Or do I misread what you said? I would say it is the indwelling Holy Spirit who keep us close to Christ and not the law, while agree with what you say regarding Christians under the law.
Yes. It is both.

The Holy Spirit is what shows us that we can't be righteous according to the Law.

Any time a Christian doesn't want to be condemned and wants to be Blessed they would turn to Christ.

I think people get caught up in trying to be righteous by their own works. I think it is natural for us. We can't do it. But we still try. Our only solution and Hope is Christ.

Aug 2, 2021
No laws of the Priesthood for He is out High Priest while we are mad priests to Him.

No laws of the Temple for He has revealed we are the Temple with Him as the Chief and Cornerstone thereof.

No food restrictions other than things which die of themselves and blood. Nothing by entering a man pollutes him for it enters into the stomach and then is passed out of the body.

No punishment of others for no law is to be observed which does not possess justice and mercy.

All remaining laws may be observed if they go together to make up Love.

Once we have been made anew by God we know what is yet to be obeyed for it is inscribed upon the flesh tables of the heart.

All who believe Jesus Yeshi Yah know this, and praise Jesus for accomplishing all.
PS The laws are also lessons, such as not to plant two kinds of seed in the same field. We understand this lesson from our Lord when He explains the Sower and what the Seed is.
Spoke with Shamuel yesterday and shared with him the Circumcision of the Heart by Elohim and how that fulfills the Abraham Promise = Father of Nations

Keep praying for revival and continue to ask the Lord on what we spoke of your coming here.

Aug 2, 2021
Jesus interprets it further

he says this before he died when he was among them

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so he says I’ve come to fulfill and says til all is fulfilled nothing can change later he explains what he was saying

“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:44-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the law and prophets are a story about the gospel which was going to be fulfilled in Jesus Christ Jesus is saying this essentially

“For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬

When John came the fulfilling of the law and prophets was coming to pass. If you look at the law closely there’s a lot of future promises in it regarding the messiah Jesus is saying “ I’ve come to fulfill what the law and prophets foretold until I do the law cannot be changed.

from Jesus birth to his life ministry , his miracles , his suffering on the cross and rising from the dead and being taken to heaven at Gods right hand all of that is in prophecy and the law Jesus brought those promises into fruition fulfilling what God said he would do for mankind in Christ
KINGDOM TRUTH = Written for His Children

Scholars, scribes, religion and politics are greatly confused and feel threatened by this.

GARDEN TRUTH = where children play and serpents heads are crushed

Aug 2, 2021
Covered by His shed righteous blood, believers are no longer under the law of sin and death.

However, the law remains to condemn those not covered by grace through faith.

John 8:36 plus Romans 8:2 If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death.

Since the SON has set us FREE, why look to another means other then Messiah???

Aug 2, 2021
The Law is what brings us to Christ.

Therefore, the Law is 100% in effect, in order to show people their need for Christ.

Once a person sees this and understands and comes to Christ, the Lord Jesus gives them rest from their work at the law that they weren't able to complete.

ONLY the Lord Jesus, who fulfilled the Law, is able to give anyone Rest from their work at it. You can't just tell someone that the Law doesn't apply. The Lord specifically said He didn't come to destroy the Law.

The Law has a job to do. And it does it well. It is not destroyed. The Law is fulfilled in Christ. And ONLY in Christ. Only those who are In Christ are no longer under the Law. Only those who have traded their sorrow for the Joy of the Lord are not under the Law. Only those who have traded their shame for the Righteousness of the Lord are not under the Law.

Coming to Christ is simultaneously setting down burdens and receiving the Blessing of Christ.
We who are in Christ have attained unto the Highest Law of God = HIS TRUTH, HIS LOVE, HIS HOLY SPIRIT, SANCTIFICATION, PEACE
and REST

The Apostle John summed it UP this Way:
"And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son."
1 John 5:11

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Spoke with Shamuel yesterday and shared with him the Circumcision of the Heart by Elohim and how that fulfills the Abraham Promise = Father of Nations

Keep praying for revival and continue to ask the Lord on what we spoke of your coming here.
Your works are in my prayers, the two Samuels, and more. It has used all of my resources to come here and be ensconsed insecurity of this age. For me to travel now is a big stretch due to several issues , ABILITY RELATED. //**
What I shared with you about the Rockies is true, so I do not discount such an event in my future, however at amost 80, I thin that is improbable, but all is very easy if it is our Fahter's will.
Meanwhile I pray for you and all who are doing His most holy works in ths age.
PS, I am humbled by your attention for even me. All love in Yeshua to you and all the family therewith.